Qld Xmas In July 2007 - Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick ya date

• 7 July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14 July

• 21 July

• 28 July

• 35 July

• Total voters
I feel a hangover coming on & I'm not even going to be there!

And I can assure you we didn't let the reputation slip last night! :D

Thanks Winkle and Anna for being such fabulous hosts - a great time was had by all, a great venue that's very sheep friendly! Ewe both deserve a pat on the back. (it's ok he'll be gentle!)

I need to HTFU. I'm having a berocca.

securityDoor.gif

Sqyre only took 450 photos, I got nearly 200 Screwy took 30 and there was a couple of other cameras going too. Of theses pics, only about 3 will be AHB friendly. :blink:

More posting later when I feel more vibrant. :p

InCider.

I'm following Browndogs attractive labels advice and drinking it now, door can remain inscure for a bit longer.

Huge thanks to Winkle and Anna for the great night and excellent venue :beerbang:

And thanks to Browndog for skillfully sorting out the cases and Sqyre for cooking up a monster feed this morning :beer:

... bring on the pics :blink:

Safely home :) Thanks to Anna & Winkle for being such great hosts. A few tame photo's to wet the appetite.

StillScottish learns the hard way, that you need to attach the line to the tap before you connect to the keg.
Still_scottish_spills.jpg

StillScottish on the pipes - Blow man blow.
pipes.jpg

Incider does his Irish/Scottish??? dancing
dance.jpg

Zizzle knocks off Inciders head, that crashes across the room taking out the door.
Head_off.jpg

Winkle is presented with his Hosting Trophy. Another beautifully crafted mash paddle from Browndog.
award.jpg

cheers Ross

Yes big thanks to Perry and Anna.. :)

As for pics...with the assistance of Zizzle i now have 360 pics from last night to search through..to try and find that one photo that isn't either a blured mess or doesn't involve the molestation of a blow-up sheep.. :blink:

but i will do my best..

Sqyre..

Big thanks Perry and Anna, great hosts the hospitality and venue were tops. Your beers certainly do justice to that fantastic bar Perry.

Thanks brewers for a terrific time, thanks to piper Campbell, great fellowship and as usual the beers just keep getting better.

For those who were at the 2006 Xmas in July swap, I seem to remember maybe 4 or 5 stand out beers, the Xmas swap maybe a dozen great beers, this time there were just so many. More great beers than brewers I'd hazard a guess. Jyes usual high standard is under threat of competion from brother Chad and Browndogs beers are seriously good. There were Wheats and Wits and offbeat specials, Chilli Stout, Banana Beer, Saison. Brewers were bringing bottles out for tasting that would knock ya socks of.

I just feel like I'm making headway with my brewing and producing good beers, then I attend one of these, shit some of you blokes know how to deflate a fellow brewers ego. Kinda feel a little inadequate after tasting many of those beers last night.

OK a little secondhand, time for a kip and dreams of making better beer. Back later with pics.

Screwy

Edit: How could I forget Ross' Banana Beer.

Thanks alot to Winkle and Anna for being great hosts. I'm still annoyed that my cold didn't allow me to stay and sample all the wonderful beers that were on offer. I tried two (Ross's 4% and a taste of Squire's - Can't remember what they were called) and they were beautiful.

It was great meeting such a fantastic group of brewers and I learnt alot from the short time I was there. A friendlier group of brewers would probably be harder to find. To those I talked to thanks for making feel welcome and to those I didn't, apologies for not doing so.

Now, I have to wait until this stupid cold goes so I can enjoy the contents of the case swap.

Huge thankyou to Winkle and Anna for the fantastic hospitality. It was an awesome night at an awesome venue. It never fails to amaze me how friendly and fun everyone is.

Thanks everyone for a great night.

Bring on Ross-toberfest! :super:

Ok, i managed to find a few pics suitable for posting..(i hope)

The Host...
Winkle.jpg

Sluggerdog and FNQ Bunyip...
sluggerdog_and_FNQ_Bunyip.jpg

Browndog and Screwtop...
browndog_and_screwy.jpg

Let me at that tap...
let_me_at_that_tap.jpg

Somethings wrong with this glass...oh yeh, its empty..
chad_glass_empty.jpg

Boys at the bar..
at_the_bar.jpg

The venue.
the_venue.jpg

Trouble comes in pairs...
criminals.jpg

They will serve anyone at this bar...
barbara.jpg

Many thanks to Perry and Anna for their hospitality and to all for their excellent fellowship. My appologies for crashing early and missing out on all the fun (though I believe I still played some part in it :blink: )

cheers

Browndog

edit: spellin

Fantastic night

Many thanks to Anna and Perry for having us,and thanks to all the brewers for their top beers :beerbang:

Batz

Well done Perry and Anna. Thanks for your great hospitality and great beers. Good beer, good food and good people who could ask for more. :beer:

Yep, big thanks to Perry and Anna. Sorry again for trashing your bar :unsure:

Thanks to everyone who bought food and great beers.

And thanks to everyone who endured Sean and me and our hyperactive ratbaggery. We seem to bring out the "best" in each other. :party: I hope you at least got a laugh and enjoyed some of the spectacle. Just be glad we didn't have access to music.

Great beer, great company, top night.

PS. Sqyre, your camera takes blurry photos, you should have it looked at.

Just woke up from my little post-party kip & want to add my thanks to Perry & Anna for their great hospitality. :beerbang:

What a great setup you've got there. What a great time we all had. What a great bunch of brewers. :party:

Let the tasting begin.
tequila.gif

:beer:

WOW!
What a great night.
Great beer,
Great guys and Anna,
Bad pizza,
Great brekky,
And a great head-ache.

Nurofem or another beer?
I hate decisions. :chug:

FROGMAN

Thanks for all your kind comments, bar door is secure again, and I've got Ross's pillow and Tidal Petes jumper to take to the Rosstoberfest :)

Thanks for all your kind comments, bar door is secure again, and I've got Ross's pillow and Tidal Petes jumper to take to the Rosstoberfest :)

Thanks Perry. :)
Should have known I'd leave something behind what with all the great fun we were having. May collect it before then mate???

:beer:

Thanks alot to Winkle and Anna bloody great night!
And thanks to all the brewers !! that was some seriously good beer! and so many different types! they were famtatstic!!

I had a ball and i cant wait for the xmas one.

Latest posts

Back