Vic 2016 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468116903.638441.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468116932.273101.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468116956.758432.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468116975.709957.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468116996.695280.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468117013.511613.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468117029.431097.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468117049.375199.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468117065.368737.jpg

Thanks to all for the great brews and laughs. Ring stinging roo stew lived up to its name!!

Special thanks to Wayne for hosting and Paul for the food. Short ribs......mmmmm

Time to get stuck into the swap brews!

Awesome swap. Had so much fun, so many laughs, and so much beer and food. It really was a very impressive array of kegs, plus of course AJ's awesome collection of so many different and very tasty bottled brews. Massive thank you's to Wayne for hosting and Paul for the food. Them ribs were friggin amazing (sorry John don't know how you missed out on them). Now just to enjoy some swap beers while waiting with anticipation for the next one. Once again thanks every one for a great weekend.

Cheers guys for another awesome swap.
Thanks VP for organizing the food and John for running the brew.
Hope you all had safe trips home.
Yob I think you have left your bedding in the lounge room. There are also a couple of jumpers and a chair.

To echo the others - another fantastic swap! Massive thanks to whiteferret for hosting and VP for keeping us fed. Great brews and great chats as always. Looking forward to the next one in 6 months!

whiteferret said:
Cheers guys for another awesome swap.
Thanks VP for organizing the food and John for running the brew.
Hope you all had safe trips home.
Yob I think you have left your bedding in the lounge room. There are also a couple of jumpers and a chair.
Shit.. Shit.. Shit..

Ha ha ha. Nice one Yob. Great weekend. Thanks again to VP and the boys. The food was spot on and plenty of it. Thanks to everyone for the beautiful beers. Once again AJ and his never ending supply and variety of long necks. And to Wayne for making us feel so welcome even though we completely fucked his Lawn and driveway, champion. Cheers lads[emoji106][emoji481]ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468130873.747222.jpg

mmmyummybeer said:
Awesome swap. Had so much fun, so many laughs, and so much beer and food. It really was a very impressive array of kegs, plus of course AJ's awesome collection of so many different and very tasty bottled brews. Massive thank you's to Wayne for hosting and Paul for the food. Them ribs were friggin amazing (sorry John don't know how you missed out on them). Now just to enjoy some swap beers while waiting with anticipation for the next one. Once again thanks every one for a great weekend.
Too busy brewing the beer!

Made it back! Awsome weekend thanks Wayne for hosting, Paul for the tucker, and John with the massive brewing effort. So many great beers to drink, if there was a dissappointment it was that none of us went arse up in the mud, dispite considerable effort by some. Now I might just make sure droids RIS was as good as I thought it was last night.

AJ80 said:
To echo the others - another fantastic swap! Massive thanks to whiteferret for hosting and VP for keeping us fed. Great brews and great chats as always. Looking forward to the next one in 6 months!
Apologies for forgetting to mention - massive thanks to Grainer and team for the epic brew. Really appreciate it and am looking forward to getting this one fermented!

I'll join in the chorus by thanking our gracious host Wayne. Thanks for the food crew lead by Paul & Tim, Mick those wings sorted the hangover & Lee for the roo stew. Thanks to John & the brew crew & the brewing gear providers, ingredients providers and Heath for cubing. Thanks to all you awesome brewers for bringing your beers, wine & port. Legendary effort! A quick shoutout to some of my favourites - AJ's lambic & Ould Bruin, Yob's & Adam's RISs were my fave's amongst a very very strong field of RISs. And Trace & Bruce's chocolate port was awesome & the perfect pairing for my raspberry stout! I could almost name every single beer though, such am impressive lineup! Cheers all, time to crash.

I'll also join the chorus.
MASSIVE thanks to Wayne for hosting.
Very, very generous of you to put your place up for this level of abuse, mate! Aside from the space around the brewing, it seemed to hold up remarkably well considering the Thursday night soaking it copped.

A huge thanks to those involved in the food & brewing side of things (i think JB mentions y'all by name, so ditto).

As always, the beer lineup was fantastic - great diversity & quality, going from a few milds & APAs all the way up to the bRISs.
Ballsy of Lee to front a classic Aussie Lager in amongst those :unsure: , but it was also a tasty drop :lol:
Mick, i really liked that ESB of yours - hoping you'll be generous enough to post or PM the recipe.
And Aaron's mix of sour lambic things went down a treat - It's one of the highlights of the last couple of swaps - AJ's Sour Array, a range of beers i'm unlikely to brew myself but great to have them to try. Dude, some of the best sweaty horse blanket i've tasted ;)
It's one of the things that makes these case swaps so awesome, the wide range of beers including ones i've either never encountered &/or probably won't brew in the foreseeable future. I still remember trying the Mildy Boys' Flanders Red at Idzy's place a year or 2 ago - one of the best beers i've ever tried & something i'd never encountered before, and likely to never brew myself.

FWIW, i got home at 2:45am last night! The fog between Wayne's and the Hume Fwy was extreme in a few places - took a bit longer to get through. I might need to succumb to Martin's arm twisting and stay at the next one!

Wonderful time catching up with everyone yesterday. Truly a highlight of the year!! Hope to see y'all in 6 months.

PS: i got up at a lazy 10am this morning from my very cozy bed, staggered out, and thought "hmmm i wonder if that chilli roo stew is coming through the boys about now?" I'm guessing there were a few sad moments this morning...fark that stew had some punch!

+1 to more cows at the next one. (do sheep eat spent grain? - maybe just +1 to more livestock at the next one)

PPS: agree, the wings were awesome snacks thru the day. I'd go with doubling the amount of wings/skewers during the day for the next one - it's handy having those snacks to help soak up the beer! More snacks = moar beer!!

Speaking of Aaron, where was Aaron last night?? Did you pass out or go home? There was a beer i wanted to get you to try (Yob's suspicious stout) and we couldn't find you :huh:

some photo's from me

Pretty wet on the ground but not so muddy when I arrived, and am therefore absolved of all blame..

Wayne did a great job getting that tarp up before the 20mm downpour hit the previous day, we'd have been in all sorts had that not been done..

didnt take long for first blood to be drawn.. was good to get it out of the way..

RIS started (and continued) to pour well for the entire weekend... gods there was a LOT of RIS... the mistake may have been blending (by the glass) %40 Port and RIS (and chocolate stout for a cherry ripe) at 3am on the Friday...

By this point about half the expected people had turned up on Friday.. still early... :blink:

Setting up gear on Saturday, stayed foggy all day till the sun went down which was different.. kinda felt like 9am all day...

The roasts were fantastic, top notch work there.. :icon_drool2:

The Randall got a good run, had chinook and cascade in it attached to a pale... nom nom...

Cocko was in fine form, odd, I didnt think he was coming, but I'd recognize him anywhere...

Did I mention the RIS was pouring well?

oh yeah.. and beer got swapped..

:p :lol:

Guys, just wanted to reiterate the musings above and make a special call out to:
  • Wayne, thanks heaps for hosting mate
  • Paul, for arranging the food and all those that helped, stellar job.
  • Martin/Yob, for arranging all the ingredients for the swap brew.
  • People that rocked up on Friday night, I was gob smacked at the numbers and it was really great to have extra hands to help set up.
  • New people that came, great to have you guys along, sharing a brew and brewing one too.
  • People that helped with the brew for the first time. This is what it is all about, getting in there and learning from other brewers and having a great time.
  • People that brought kegs and bottles of beer to share, always inspiring to try new and exciting beers. I always leave with a brew in mind.
  • Last but not least, people that helped clean and pack all the gear, this was so so helpful and most appreciated. Always the most unpopular job.
One of the best case swaps for sure. Looking forward to the next one.

Idzy

Latest posts

Back