Vic 2013 Xmas in July Swap - Recipe thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines sitting ccing probably until tomorrow when I get a chance to keg. Samples tasted good. At work and I can't remember the fg.

Came 9th/22 in Vicbrew stout category with a total score of 97. 3rd place got 104, 1st got 12 (for reference).

Interesting array of comments from the judges (all experienced brewers and judges who I respect) - varied from 'too roasty and bitter, cut back choc' to 'too sweet - add more roast'.

That's the nature of comps though and I know I've sat at judging tables and offered my comments which will be way out of step (eg diametrically opposed to one or both other judges). everyone has different palates - need to call it as you see it.

Anyway didn't dive bomb, didn't wipe the floor either. I loved every bit of the keg though.

I've only had 250ml so far and that tasted bloody good....(.the rest went in an irish stew). Looking forward to the other 2 dozen + longnecks. Anyone who missed out is welcome to get some bottles off me. Have to arrange a pick up in the Eastern Suburbs. East-Bentleigh to Olinda.

Latest posts

Back