VIC 2016 Xmas Case Swap Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deeeeeeeeeej 8 BIPA

BIPA.. fuckin sweeet man, me keg just blew, opened the fridge and your bottle presented itself

Poured more brown than black, big head, settles nicely to lace as the glass is rapidly guzzled

Getting more malts than I am hops up front, possibly missed the boat on that coz the back palate bitterness is great.. I like that

cant pick the hops sorry, as I say, maybe missed the boat and should have had earlier, still.. props man, just what I needed tonight

:party:

I had Wiggmans on the weekend and it is the standout for me also.

I have only 4-5 left. Surprised they've lasted this long...

Lucky last

AJ's Altbier

Boy did this go down a treat. As soon as I opened this and poured into the glass it had AJ's perfect carbonation style that held its head up all the way down the glass. Coppery to brown in appearance with aroma mixed of malty sweetness, cake, and very subtle esters that importantly tied it together. The bitterness is well balanced and refreshing even in this early March heat. You've done it again mate and not let anyone down. Another ripping beer to the vast collection of bottles I'm sure you have stashed at your house. 2 weeks ago Mardoo and I brewed a variation of your oatmeal stout. Its just a matter of time before one/both of us has a brew day with you.

Cheers mate thanks for sharing

That concludes the swap for me. All in all I would have to say that has been the best swap I have been part of. Everyone is producing some really great and varied beers across the board.

Standouts for me go to:
7. Nullnvoid - Rye Pale Ale Surprise
23. TheWiggman - Radieuse
22. Mardoo - Two Fuzzy Nuts - Roasted Chestnut Amber (w/ DJL3THAL) (could not fault this beer)
13. Mofox1 - Thirsty Monk, Belgian Amber Ale

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Midnight Brew said:
Lucky last

AJ's Altbier

Boy did this go down a treat. As soon as I opened this and poured into the glass it had AJ's perfect carbonation style that held its head up all the way down the glass. Coppery to brown in appearance with aroma mixed of malty sweetness, cake, and very subtle esters that importantly tied it together. The bitterness is well balanced and refreshing even in this early March heat. You've done it again mate and not let anyone down. Another ripping beer to the vast collection of bottles I'm sure you have stashed at your house. 2 weeks ago Mardoo and I brewed a variation of your oatmeal stout. Its just a matter of time before one/both of us has a brew day with you.

Cheers mate thanks for sharing
Thanks mate - really chuffed you enjoyed it. Hope the brewday went well and the stout turns out good (I'm sure it will). A collab brewday will definitely happen.

Run out of my own beer so guess I should finish my swap beers. Whoops! It's amazing what you find!

JB - Smoke on the porter

Deeelicious! Don't know why I left this till now but this is great! Really nice smoky taste love it!

Grumpy Paul - ESB

Infected right? Still drank it, but wasn't right :(

Couple more still to go!

Have a few left from this in the back of the kegerator and only realised last night!!

7. Nullnvoid - Rye Pale Ale Surprise - Ripper beer Russ, as already mentioned and highly acclaimed! Look forward to brewing the 5x cubes I have of it, 1 for me, 4 for the next summer camping trip with mates - will report back what the masses think :)

Have a few left from this in the back of the kegerator and only realised last night!!

7. Nullnvoid - Rye Pale Ale Surprise - Ripper beer Russ, as already mentioned and highly acclaimed! Look forward to brewing the 5x cubes I have of it, 1 for me, 4 for the next summer camping trip with mates - will report back what the masses think :)

Glad it's held up after this long!

Also glad it's not shit as you have 5 cubes of it. Hahaha. Tried Midnight's version at the swap (and got a cheeky 5 litres of him yesterday) and it's a cracking beer!

I still love this beer and personally could drink it all day long!

Latest posts

Back