2016 QLD Xmas Case Swap (Tasting Thread)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3. Liam _snorkel - impish stout

Solid beer mate, full of flavour and roasty as ****! Carbonation is a little low and no head retention but flavours are solid
Be proud! Be proud!

1485405900859.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1485416263.757190.jpg

4. Ballantyne - funktown pale

Bottle firm but completely flat. Seemed to have good flavours but unfortunately without the bubbles was hard to drink. Probably just a bad bottle.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1485416523.020755.jpg
7. Luggy - Oatmeal Stout

This has a real richness and warmth to it. Persistent head and nice roasty goodness. Nice beer!

#3 Liam's RIM - very interesting beer mate. Pours thick as oil and is really roasting and bitter but has no alcohol kick. For what you were going for I think it is great. Low carbonation but has a nice thick mouthfeel. Great job mate.

8. Davey - Rye Pale - Dude this beer is good. Getting a lovely hop and rye aroma. Nice malty/rye taste. The hops have faded a bit from the taste but it is still hitting the spot.

7. Luggy - Oatmeal Stout - Seriously nice stout. Thick, roasty and delicious. Great head retention.

2. Aydos - Galaxy pale Ale

Quite bitter with some grassiness, a little passionfruit ( I think? ) on the nose, took a bit of getting used to, but very very drinkable. Nice mate.

8. Davey - Rye pale Ale

Very balanced and far too easy to drink. The rye showed up but well in line. Quite sessionable.

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

18. Nickxb - Coconut Rum Porter

This is second bottle, the first one was very much dominated by the rum, about a month or so ago. With the extra age, the rum has settled back a tad and allowed the coconut to start showing up. Both balance each other very nicely alongside the slightt bitterness and malty goodness. Very lovely right now, ferpect for a scorching Brissie summers day.

IMG_0707.JPG

Well my first pseudo official tasting post thanks to Alan. While reasonable description skills are in their infancy I may resort to subjective experience comments alone.

16. Giatuprs - Brett IPA

There is a dog in a foreskin on the label. [emoji41]

Colour is deep Amber and initial aroma is mellow but compelling. Mouth feel is on the mark and hop presence is not overbearing. I think I can identify the contribution the Brettanomyces makes and I like it. Still need skills here. Aftertaste (ignoring country cheese) is very pleasant.

Feeling the alcohol now and is a damn fine Sunday arvo beer.

Cheers

View attachment 95348

12. Beersuit Belgian Blonde

Just a cracking beer of the style....would happily fork out shekels for this one. And very worthy of the glass. This needs to be a permanent rotation in your house and mine, I plan to have a shot at doing this myself., so, so good. And nice little subversive label too :beerbang:

IMG_0708.JPG

7. Luggy Oatmeal Stout

Lovely porridge coloured head that held it's own til closing time. Smooth, a lovely little roasty touch that balances out beautifully. There was a little aroma thingo that happened that I couldn't put a name to, then it was gone. Everything has a minimilistic touch to it but the overall package :p is ferpect. Top drop mate.

IMG_0709.JPG

I would like to extend a huge "thank you" to the kind and generous attendee at the 2016 swap at our place, who presented me with an Aventinus Eisbock -- and I cannot remember who it was! I didn't *think* I was in an alcoholically-induced haze by then, but who knows?

Anyway - what a "beer"! At 12%, I certainly wouldn't be looking for one every day of the week. I had to take this one very slowly yesterday :p .

So thanks again - very much appreciated!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1488454866.056420.jpg

22. Madpierre - Saison

First drink after 6 weeks break off the booze. Post mowing the lawn too. You could argue anything would have tasted good, but I agree with previous comments, certainly one of your best beers! Loved it!

View attachment 95764

1. Evoo4u - Julebryg

This was just transparent but I couldn't get a decent pick. Haunting aroma of nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Reminds me of my gingerbread brown. Lacing till last drop. I really enjoyed this. F'ing awesome actually.

7. Luggy's oatmeal stout.
Cracker of a beer mate. Great nose I get roast malt and oats all in line. Good body and sensational flavor. I'm glad I cleaned out my fridge today.

Glad you enjoyed it mate, I'll be bottling my lambic in the next week or two, if I make it to the july case swap I'll put a bottle aside for ya

Beersuit said:
7. Luggy's oatmeal stout.
Cracker of a beer mate. Great nose I get roast malt and oats all in line. Good body and sensational flavor. I'm glad I cleaned out my fridge today.
ditto, had mine on the weekend. top drop.

Latest posts

Back