QLD Xmas-in-July 2017 Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16) Scotty Mack - Belgian wit
A fizzy one but ticking all the boxes, quite delicious on a warm evening. Cheers mate

(I had this at ambient until yesterday, guess it's attenuated another point or so, rather than infection)

D512B6AA-28E6-4850-B48F-0C48AA8428D0.jpeg

21. Bauple (Macadamia) Bock

Interesting beer mate, dry and nutty with a little bitterness that sets it off nicely. Well carbonated, there's this sorta toffee thing (I think) going on. Smooth mouth feel. Enjoying it.

IMG_0967.JPG

8. Crowmanz Tassie Wild Dark Mild - cracking beer. Wild is the operative word, there's this tart, almost cidery apple thing going on, really crisp and wildery.

IMG_0985.JPG

24. Siderman - 18 month aged unblended lambic - This thing is comparable with any number of store bought versions, such a complex little number. There's this spritzy, lightly bretted thing going on with another funky moment coming through as it warms up. So good. The last of my swap beers, and up there in my all time top 5 swap beers. Just stunning mate.

IMG_0986.JPG

Zorco asked me what I thought of his beer in the July swap, sadly I think it got consumed at sometime in the wee hours after the BABBS Xmas party (well; I can recall drinking something bold, delicious and boozey in a PET bottle). But I did discover #24, #21, #8 still intact. I'll endevour to provide better feed back on them this weekend before starting on the next lot.

24. Siderman - 18 month aged unblended lambic - This thing is comparable with any number of store bought versions, such a complex little number. There's this spritzy, lightly bretted thing going on with another funky moment coming through as it warms up. So good. The last of my swap beers, and up there in my all time top 5 swap beers. Just stunning mate.

View attachment 109098
Is that a giggle hat I see there?

Finally got around to completing the last swap batch = I was saving the last 4 for the "right" occasion (Zorco's beer scored the 'right occasion' after BABBs xmas party - sadly, so no notes)

8 Tassie Wild Mild.
I'm a bit of a fan of this yeast, lightish brett character (fruity), dry, easy drinking could easily down a few of these.
24 Unblended Lambic
Under carbed, pale straw colour, aroma dominated by pineapple/tropic fruit notes, restrained brett funk, noice.
12 Cherrywood extra Stout
Woody, campfire aroma, smokey roast malt flavour, dry finish. Enjoyable, could use a touch more complexity mid palate, that might be my fault for not drinking it sooner.
Now to start on the next lot, hopefully a lot quicker.

Latest posts

Back