VIC 2016 Xmas in July Case Swap - TASTING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TB, if I have the recipe it's buried somewhere see if I trip over it, I do remember I split the pils 50/50 Best Pils and Bohemian Pils, some spec B, a dash of biscuit, flaked wheat, Wyeast 1762 and 1kg of D2; off the top of my head. I have some of this on Tap after bulk ageing and a little oak it's a great night cap though it's misappearing fast

Ed: Hops were Sazz and Hall Met

malt junkie said:
...; off the top of my head. ..
****, i'm impressed you can remember that much! I'm normally, like, "yeah, some malts and hops plus a yeast that was probably Belgian" after a year later.
i'm assuming the spice has come for the Saaz. I've generally never got much spice from Hall Mitt.

i can definitely understand why it's misappearing fast :lol:

Cheers :icon_cheers:

3. technobabble66 - Ol' Dirty *******. (Old Peculier clone, (= Old Ale)

Took a little while to get round to it, but cracked this one tonight. Gushed just a touch on opening, but settled down well. Dark dark brown colour with great copper highlights when held to a light. Off white head with great retention. Smells bready. Full bodied with rich rich malt and a pleasing alcohol warmth. Time has been kind to this one and it is a fantastic drop. Thanks techno!!

Thanks Aaron. I've been wondering if anyone had saved their bottle of mine. [emoji1]
I've just got 1-2 left I've been waiting to crack, letting the age do its thing.
Glad you enjoyed it. It's definitely improved in the last couple of months. Not sure it's much of a TOP clone, but seems pretty tasty on its own.
That over carb thing is fairly annoying. It was carbed very low, but I think the 1469 got bored at some point and started chewing some of the sugars it couldn't be bothered with in the primary fermentation. It's been massively under carbed for most of the last 9 months, just the last 2-3 it's seems to have picked up noticeably.

Might need to do the 9 month sample tomorrow... [emoji5]️

Every time oven used 1469 I've had the exact same problem. Perfect carb in the bottle to begin with, but it eventually over carbs.

This was a really nice beer techno. Really enjoyed it as it warmed in the glass.

Back