• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS, Trade, Barter, Free etc @ Vic 2017 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone want some polyclar? I don't use it so free to anyone who will...
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1499334823.741324.jpg

With the intention of getting more buy in for the swap brew:

I'll be bringing two cubes I don't use with me. Solid handle, drilled bung hole (includes stopper!).

Free to anyone who needs a cube for the swap brew ($40 in itself), or for anyone who goes a second cube.

Since we are doing pictures of things, here is one I prepared earlier.
1499338723293.jpg

MJ, Can I grab a ready reckoner, ploise.

Cam, will ask ya when I see ya about what yeast might work. Something that will accentuate the late fruity hops but not make the finish too sharp. Maybe a yeast that doesn't settle right out?

Future Case Swap at Forager's?

I'd like a cube from the swap and would pay but doubt I'll have room in the car to get it home, the family are all coming up too and throwing me out of the car on their way past.

I'd like a cube from the swap and would pay but doubt I'll have room in the car to get it home, the family are all coming up too and throwing me out of the car on their way past.

My neighbour goes down your way every weekend, I reckon I could get him to throw one out on his way past.

Would seem a shame for you to miss out purely as you don't have the space. Do you have a cube? I can chuck one in for you.

My neighbour goes down your way every weekend, I reckon I could get him to throw one out on his way past.

Would seem a shame for you to miss out purely as you don't have the space. Do you have a cube? I can chuck one in for you.
Already had words with the Mrs about the lack of room for my beer gear...I can't bring a cube but I will have an empty esky going home which could hold the swap beers leaving room for a cube maybe.

Russ can you bring a spare? If I can't jam it in then your plan sounds like a great plan mate, cheers!

Already had words with the Mrs about the lack of room for my beer gear...I can't bring a cube but I will have an empty esky going home which could hold the swap beers leaving room for a cube maybe.

Russ can you bring a spare? If I can't jam it in then your plan sounds like a great plan mate, cheers!

Not a problem. Cube will be in the car for you.

Sure he won't mind dropping some stuff off in exchange for a beer or two of yours. He enjoyed the last lot he got when he picked up the pot for me.

Beautiful Russ, no problems, I'll get the cube back to ya or swing you replacement $

Alrighty there is no particular order to this list and its just going to be in a big bag with strain numbers written on lids/sides of vials.

30ml:
1469 x2
037 x 3
3463 x 2
008 x 6
002 x 1
005 x 3
022 x 7
022 Gen 3 x 2

15ml:
041 x 2
1450 x 3

50ml
022 x 2

Any guesses as to which gets a solid run in my brewery?

So theres 33 vials up for grabs on the day. All free to good breweries. They will need starters, I recommend 200ml @ 1020, 500ml @ 1040 and then onto 2L @ 1040. Then split or ferment at will. A good guestimation is how ever much yeast is in the vial in ml multiply it by 4 and thats roughly how much yeast I estimate is in the vial. Not scientific at all I know but I get great results.

Also have 2x KK SS growlers that have 2L volume. Looking for $15 each.

Hmm now I have the yeast home I can't work out which one is the 041 and which one is the 1450. Whoops!

Hmm now I have the yeast home I can't work out which one is the 041 and which one is the 1450. Whoops!

First two digits are the vial size so most like a 30 or 15. Next four digits is the strain number so 0041 or 1450. Last two digits are for my reference when freezing incase I ever have too many when sorting out yeast and write the wrong strain number.

Hope that helps. Oh yeah and a magnifying glass might help. For what it's worth I've tried to go bigger in numbers for future give aways, got a better permanent marker now haha

Latest posts

Back