Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Doppelbock is only down to 1028, yeast is a bit tired I reckon, that's only 2 points since last time I checked. Inclined to bottle it and stick a "store at 12 degrees and don't drink for two weeks" label on it :)

Just bottled mine and Treacle Forecast has been downgraded to "Cloudy with a chance of Treacle".
Two weeks of wood has mellowed it a bit. Hey, that would do the same for me <_< ;) :lol:

I'd forgotten what a pita bottling is, though.

Damn Doppelbock is only down to 1028, yeast is a bit tired I reckon, that's only 2 points since last time I checked. Inclined to bottle it and stick a "store at 12 degrees and don't drink for two weeks" label on it :)

Do it dude :icon_cheers:

my drunk monk has been bottled for 3 weeks thursday, will probably need about a month to age up, but is still veryy drinkable now. have to keg the drinker (6 drowned rats) tomorrow hope its finished.

Might have to pass on this one boys, got a lot goning on at the moment, have a good one

Paul

Might have to pass on this one boys, got a lot goning on at the moment, have a good one

Paul
Lose a job and end up busier than when you had one? :lol:
No probs mate, hope it all goes well.

Did you get the toilet arrangements sorted out Winkle?

5.jpg

Sorry I can't attend but I'm dropping off my case to Rosscoe to bring over. Have a good one :icon_chickcheers:

Edit:

1. Chappo - Trappist
2. BribieG - swapping but not attending - UK Best Bitter - Wheat Caramel Malt.
4. Bradsbrew. - English Bitter
5. PocketBeers - Vanilla Stout
6. Browndog - Andromeda IPA
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
8. kram - I've got 6 months to relearn how to make a beer, so beer it is
9. Stillscottish - Treacle Juice - AKA Strong Stout with Coles specialty addition, matured on Bourbon Oak with a side salad of 250ml Bourbon.
10. Winkle - Dark Regal Saison ~8% (OK to drink now - better after June 30)
12. scoundrel_rogue - Beligian dark ale
13. NickB - Old Rifle Range Dark Mild
14. DKS - Budvar
15. geoff_tewierik - Dopplebock.
16. Daemon - Vanilla Porter.
17. Thomas J. - Trapist triple (Chimay White clone) - still swapping, just can't go!
18. Florian - Rye Weizen
24. Ross - Christmas in July Ale

Attending but not swapping

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
7. Ras (depends on what time my meeting ends but might be able to call around saterday afternoon to say Hi and have a beer or 2)
8.Clean Brewer
9.Paulwolf350?
10. Batz...plus a party of Oktoberfest
11. Tom Madams

I'll be there. But not 'till the evening... you guys had better not have been drinking...

:huh:

I'll be there. But not 'till the evening... you guys had better not have been drinking...

:huh:

I promise not to have a drink until Tidal Pete or NickB turns up :icon_cheers:

2. BribieG - swapping but not attending - UK Best Bitter - Wheat Caramel Malt.

Should be interesting Bribie (- actually sounds bloody nice).

I promise not to have a drink until Tidal Pete or NickB turns up :icon_cheers:

You want me to come around the night before like a couple of years back......... :beerbang:

Can't beat some thorough QC :icon_cheers:

J/K, but will be there around 12ish to help out setting up etc :)

Cheers

Only 3 sleeps (and 100+ pavers) to go until,
View attachment 39408
Xmas in July.

Time to give the liver a practise run methinks :drinks: .

Hope your paving is more accurate than your snowman building... :ph34r:

Mind you, a slanted walkway might pose a difficult yet farking funny spectacle on the day ;)

Cheers!

I am getting very excited now, 21 days of work are done and dusted, just have to Fly home tomorrow and only 2 sleeps then till my first social gathering since the Xmas Case Swap... :beerbang:

Look forward to catching up with you all again... :party:

:beer: CB

I am getting very excited now, 21 days of work are done and dusted, just have to Fly home tomorrow and only 2 sleeps then till my first social gathering since the Xmas Case Swap... :beerbang:

Look forward to catching up with you all again... :party:

:beer: CB

Be good to catch up again CB, nothing like having beers around a fire with your mates. :party:
View attachment 39421

Be good to catch up again CB, nothing like having beers around a fire with your mates. :party:
View attachment 39421

So just boxing up my beers and was wondering as we didn't fill out the full 24, do I still (silly question really) send out 24 or just the 17 odd that are actually being swapped?

So just boxing up my beers and was wondering as we didn't fill out the full 24, do I still (silly question really) send out 24 or just the 17 odd that are actually being swapped?
The convention is to bring one for every swapper including yourself. If there are 17 in the list including yourself, bring 17. Some people have favourite numbers, so ignore them and just bring enough for the list... of course labelled with your number on top

Well Sherlock, I guess it's your call.

If there are 16 in the swap (for instance), you will need a minimum of 16, however there might be 27 attending, how generous you feelin?

Didn't mean anything rude by 'Sherlock', it looked funny when I typed it...

Now I'm repenting...

I'm bottling the whole fermenter tonight, keeping a few and the rest get sent along, as soon as I can organise a time with perry to drop them off. The extras I leave behind can cover for my absence.

Back