Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great night and company. Needed all 8hp on the pressure washer to get rid of some of the beer and food. Was good to catch up with the regulars and also meet some new brewers.
Big thanks to Martin for the grainfather demo, just about to put the results into the fermenter.
The attempted hostile take over of the chair of the board was hilarious.

20141206_142415.jpg

20141206_182358.jpg

20141206_182353.jpg

20141206_181629.jpg

I think Liam's snorkel is stained into the whiteboard. Did any one get a pic of it?

20141206_182351.jpg

20141206_182345.jpg

20141206_181618.jpg

20141206_181616.jpg

20141206_165433.jpg

20141206_164930.jpg

20141206_163102.jpg

20141206_163044.jpg

20141206_150550.jpg

20141206_160424.jpg

20141206_1604351.jpg

menoetes said:
Agreed, special thanks to Brad it was a great venue and good company (the breakfast was appreciated too). Nice to meet all you gents at last.

Let us know if Ben turns up somewhere...

image.png
He surfaced in the nick of time (before his lift vamoosed). Good to meet you guys and thanks for the use of your esky ice to chill my red eye energy drinks this morning - the brain really needed jump starting.
How popular was the edited artwork Florian?

Cheers for hosting brad, it was a great night! Great to meet all you blokes and cheers for all your advice and your great beer! Will try to get a few good beers downpat for next one to share around

Thanks for hosting, Brad. Good to catch up with the regulars and meet a few newbies.

Shame I couldn't stay longer, but honestly, even after only 4 1/2 hours there I was feeling it this morning.

And thanks to Sav for finding the wandering iPod from 2 1/2 years ago. Can't believe it still works!

Until the next one.

Thanks brad for hosting. Awsome venue. Great to catch up with everyone and meet some new faces. Now to get into the swap beers

Looks like fun was had by all! Shame I missed it. So who had the Grainfather? Jealous!!

Snow said:
Looks like fun was had by all! Shame I missed it. So who had the Grainfather? Jealous!!
It was Martin's demo Grainfather, it's already done close to 50 brews. Good bit of kit, can't wait for mine to turn up.

Thanks again for hosting Brad, was a big night only just starting to feel normal again. Thanks to all the brewers also, the quality of the beers I tasted was impressive

Who was it that was wandering about with a bottle of cream ale later in the evening? I'm not real familiar with the style but that brew stands out in my foggy memory (along with a few others) as a really nice drop. I want to PM them and bother them for the recipe...

Cream ale might have been me, I brought with and without lime infusion

perry gave mine back to me(in line spliter and gas disconnect),,,,,didnt see any more

Pretty slack of me not to do this earlier, but many thanks to our great host Brad for offering a fantastic venue for us to destroy. misbehave in.

First time that I didn't stay over night at a swap, but after 4 hours of trampolining at a christmas party the next day I was very thankful I didn't, although I hated getting picked up when everything was in full swing.

Some great beers were had, namely Perry's apricot sour, some other sour (I think from beersuit), that randall IPA and many others.

Looking forward to the next one, I also feel that I lost a bit of my brewing slackness after the event. Brewed on Monday and already planning the next one.

He took it with pride... MIL got a good laugh out of it too.

EDIT: Just got the weirdest AHB error message: "This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly" WTF?

Many thanks To Brad for hosting and everyone else for participating. Great venue for it. Next day was a big one for me with a lot of miles travelled and while disappointed to have to miss most of the fun, was glad to have a clear head at 5:00am

Looking forward to the next swap.

bradsbrew said:
Hope the FIL wasn't to unimpressed by the artwork on the whiteboard.
Are you referring to the "Liam's Snorkel" graphic?

Latest posts

Back