Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 2 small packs of sausages for brekky and some mushrooms. Do we need milk for coffee Brad?

I made a quiche (yeah, that's right fuckers. I can mix egg and shit and make stuff) for snack food before pizza.

Balls deep!!!!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417781442.536529.jpg

Florian said:
Haha, classic rookie mistake right there... You'll find out later in the night why.

Don't worry, we've all been there...
It's a Brisbane Oktoberfest glass, only 500ml and that doesn't mean it needs to be filled to the brim for each taste. I'm hoping that fact and my slightly problematic drinking habit (plus my late arrival) will guard me from the worst you guys might offer :p

Harry/Hwall95 has my swap beers and will be there well before I am. Sort it out amongst yourselves boys, I'll see you all when I get there.

menoetes said:
It's a Brisbane Oktoberfest glass, only 500ml and that doesn't mean it needs to be filled to the brim for each taste.
Haaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa.
Phew I'm don ha ha ha ha ha.

Seriously though, bring your smallest glass.

Nothing to be freaked about. Just there's so many beers on offer so why load up on 500ml stein and not get to try (or remember trying) a whole bunch of beers styles.

Plus you'll learn so much just from chatting to people about their beer mash schedule, ferment, hop additions, etc.

Problem is you then drink 30 more pony glasses of beer and forget it all.

I brought an American pint (470) glass to my first swap with the intent of just filling it 1/2 way, even drew a line on it with a Nikko. I was wondering why everyone was drinking out of these tiny pussy sized glasses.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417811497.310222.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
And we all know what happened to Bryan's polycarbonate stein
Unbreakable* stein.

*not as unbreakable as name suggests

]SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY[/background][/size][/font][/color]
1. Earle - red wheat saison (swapping but not attending)
2. Beersuit - Bretted Farmhouse IPA
3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - hefeweizen
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - Dark american wheat ( may not be able to attend but swapping)
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
19.Eagleburger- Five Elements
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - an AIPA with 500g of hops.
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - Shirt Front IPA]

Going but not swapping
kegs23
TidalPete --- Eye of Sauron Rye Saison 6.3% ABV + nibbles of something or other
Florian
[background=rgb(247,247,247)]NickB (Tentative
SAV Party keg of ALT, And a PORTER in soft bag for the angram, I will bring the rocket for randle. Plus food. Other StuffWinkle - Apricot Sour keg, cassava crackers, eggs for breaky. And the last growler of my barrel aged stout for lukiferj , oops hes not going, looks like you and me Liam.

Noted my absence last week but forgot to remove my name. Have a great time - very jealous of you guys!

Not as nervous this time around (2nd swap) , just finished running some line cleaner through a couple SMALL glasses to prep 'em, coffee bagged up, and looks like I'll be doing brekky now as not working tomorrow. Get ready for work now, see you blokes this evening.

Does anyone have any idea how to get the metal lid off a glass coke bottle that has industrial beer line cleaner in it (the excellent caustic shit). Spillage has dried under the cap and no amount of tapping, hot water etc has been able to loosen it.

Checked the number of swappers and packed down my swap beer, 19 it would seem.

Will bring a few other bottles of beers with me, 2 Cream Ales (with 20% corn) - one of which is infused with Lime, an attempt at a aussie middy, that turned out pretty effin' close to a New (FIL should be happy with that when he gets here for chrissy). Oh, and of course I brought a couple of my swap beers too :)

Time to pack the car and organize the last bits with the missus/boy before I leave YEEEEEEW!

My swap beer was CPBF so drink it soon, here's hoping the carbonation levels stay up :mellow: .

Latest posts

Back