Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to rescind the offer for coffee beans.I ordered green beans on monday and they have still yet to arrive. I am not sufficiently confident I can have the beans on saturday and would hate for there be no coffee available. That said, if I can, I will bring some anyway. Sorry
Eagleburger said:
I can supply coffee beans. How about a Colombian/ Yemen blend? whole beans or ground? I cant see myself being there for brekky, on account of the kids. Actually prolly just do the swap, unless I cant find a babysitter.

Snow said:
First X-mas case swap I've missed. Ever.
balls..

when adding photos to the computer of the recent vic swap I couldn't help but notice Ive not missed one since I first started attending.

Looks like a great lineup guys and the brekkie list has me drooling just a little.

looks like it'll be a damp one :)

Forcast.jpg

Dont forget to give us some money shots

Eagleburger said:
I will have to rescind the offer for coffee beans.I ordered green beans on monday and they have still yet to arrive. I am not sufficiently confident I can have the beans on saturday and would hate for there be no coffee available. That said, if I can, I will bring some anyway. Sorry
All good Eagle, they're covered mate. I've got plenty extra in the cupboard, am doing a few batcheds up today.

I'll be bringing a mini keg of my latest AIPA and another of either a choc stout or the remaining Motueka Lager swap beer :D

I saw there was a coffee machine Brad but was there a grinder?

Oh, and I just decided I'll bring a bottle of the BABBs wild brew project to dish out to selected attendees :icon_drool2:

Parks said:
I'll be bringing a mini keg of my latest AIPA and another of either a choc stout or the remaining Motueka Lager swap beer :D

I saw there was a coffee machine Brad but was there a grinder?
Yeah mate, its part of the machine. Got some cleanskinAwesome coffee) beans in it at the moment. Looking forward to trying some home roasted stuff.

bradsbrew said:
Yeah mate, its part of the machine. Got some cleanskinAwesome coffee) beans in it at the moment. Looking forward to trying some home roasted stuff.
IMH & humble O in the top 3 coffee roasters/makers in Brissie. They have some sensational single origins there, eh. Cleanskin, that is, although the home roasted stuff is pretty good too :lol:

I'll be bringing remainder of the IPA by Committee and a keg of citra pale ale. Touch too much crystal in the pale ale for my taste I think.

Had a sampler of my wit with Lukifer the other night. Coriander is very faint, lemon and lime is very faint. Try drinking mine as the first beer. It's very subtle and would be lost if you say umm drank it after a black ipa. :)

My hefe will be bottled today via CPBF so knock it over fastly, sorry about the lack of the promised UXB Belgian Pale but too much drinking and not enough production seems to have happened :/ We'll bring some eggs and probably cassava crackers/olive dip.

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY[/background][/size][/font][/COLOR]
1. Earle - red wheat saison (swapping but not attending)
2. Beersuit - Bretted Farmhouse IPA
3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - hefeweizen
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - Dark american wheat ( may not be able to attend but swapping)
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
19.Eagleburger- Five Elements
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - an AIPA with 500g of hops.
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - Shirt Front IPA]

Going but not swapping
kegs23
TidalPete --- Eye of Sauron Rye Saison 6.3% ABV + nibbles of something or other
Florian
Ciderman
[background=rgb(247,247,247)]NickB (Tentative
SAV Party keg of ALT, And a PORTER in soft bag for the angram, I will bring the rocket for randle. Plus food.

Other Stuff
Winkle - Apricot Sour keg, cassava crackers, eggs for breaky. And the last growler of my barrel aged stout for lukiferj , oops hes not going, looks like you and me Liam.

winkle said:
And the last growler of my barrel aged stout for lukiferj , oops hes not going, looks like you and me Liam.
hmmm, I know who I'm going to hang around ;) haha In all seriousness, I will be picking your brain about sour beers, as I'm thinking I'll go down that route next year.

Getting pretty excited about the meetup is an understatement!! Looking forward to chatting beers and BS with you all :beerbang:

Looks like I might make it along for a few hours tomorrow arvo after all. Aiming for a 2pm arrival and hanging around until 6 or so. Been rostered on a 6am start Sunday and can't turn the money down.

See you all there!

So unfortunately I've stuffed up my first kegging attempt as everytime I put the gas on now the ball liquid lock starts leaking slightly and the back of my shank is leaking as well... Soo unless I can figure it out tonight looks like I'll be just be bringing my bottled amber ale, galaxy ale and a few 7 month old ales.

Have you lubed the poppets on the keg\replaced the o-ring?
You won't need your shank or tap but dismantle, lube, then tighten up everything there too). I'll be bring a spare bronco along.

No i forgot the keg lube.. Will go grab some and pull it apart and put it back tonight. Then force carbonate it again since it's loss most of it's carbonation again.

I'll try to get the tap working but if not that'll be great! Should I just bring my gas line along in that case?

Latest posts

Back