Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like my swapper will be a 5% APA. That is of course if I dont get to brew the Kingswood Sump Oil Stout (2nd AABC 2009) this weekend.

Cheers

Looks like my swapper will be a 5% APA. That is of course if I dont get to brew the Kingswood Sump Oil Stout (2nd AABC 2009) this weekend.

Cheers

And a very tasty stout it was :icon_drool2: .

Hopefully I'll have another batch of the Acerola Saison on tap for the day, along with the 1824 Mild. I should be bottling my contribution on Friday.

Crap, suppose I'd better pick a recipe and brew something! Preoccupied with my brew day and didn't realise this was so soon after!

Cheers

My porter has been bottled, flavour is quite nice and I added some hazelnut to it just before bottling. Clarity didn't seem to be perfect but we'll wait and see how it goes after it's bottle conditioned for a week or two.

The hazelnut flavour seems to suit it well (lots of choc chit), I did try a sampler with some vanilla but the taste is too sweet. Would be perfect in a stout though, looking forward to trying yours PB :)

Don't forget the 17th is last opportunity to drop BABBs comp beers off to Ross's. Double trip over the Gateway by the looks.

:blink: I don't get it, Bribie. For July comp? Other?
Daz

For the 2010 BABBs Anal Comp.
Judging is on the 24th July if my dodgy memory is correct, and the dinner & presentation is the 31st July.
Its on the BABBs website, just not immediately obvious. Good way to get feedback before the QABC :icon_cheers:

For the 2010 BABBs Anal Comp.
Judging is on the 24th July if my dodgy memory is correct, and the dinner & presentation is the 31st July.
Its on the BABBs website, just not immediately obvious. Good way to get feedback before the QABC :icon_cheers:

Quite handy actually - for one of my entries I'll draw off a couple of entry bottles from a keg using the CPBF then bring the keg itself to Winkles :icon_chickcheers:

Shopping list: sparklets bulbs for the keg charger. :icon_cheers:

Edit: Daz there's still six weeks, get brooin man.

Quite handy actually - for one of my entries I'll draw off a couple of entry bottles from a keg using the CPBF then bring the keg itself to Winkles :icon_chickcheers:

Shopping list: sparklets bulbs for the keg charger. :icon_cheers:

Edit: Daz there's still six weeks, get brooin man.

Yeh, I'll have a go. Six weeks Ahrrr.....the pressure.
Thanks for heads up guys. :icon_cheers:
Daz

My porter has been bottled, flavour is quite nice and I added some hazelnut to it just before bottling. Clarity didn't seem to be perfect but we'll wait and see how it goes after it's bottle conditioned for a week or two.

The hazelnut flavour seems to suit it well (lots of choc chit), I did try a sampler with some vanilla but the taste is too sweet. Would be perfect in a stout though, looking forward to trying yours PB :)
Daemon,

I'm looking forward to both of them. Bottled my contribution tonight...didn't taste any :eek: , but the aroma during bottling and coming from the trub in the fermentor during clean up was to die for. :icon_drool2:

I hope you lucky b#$^&s enjoy it.

I was very happy with the original flavour of the stout itself, but I wanted just a bit more Vanilla aroma and flavour.

So I added 2 more vanilla beans that had been soaked in Wild Turkey for a day.

They sat in there with the bourbon for 4 days before I bottled.

PB

Daemon,

I'm looking forward to both of them. Bottled my contribution tonight...didn't taste any :eek: , but the aroma during bottling and coming from the trub in the fermentor during clean up was to die for. :icon_drool2:

I hope you lucky b#$^&s enjoy it.

I was very happy with the original flavour of the stout itself, but I wanted just a bit more Vanilla aroma and flavour.

So I added 2 more vanilla beans that had been soaked in Wild Turkey for a day.

They sat in there with the bourbon for 4 days before I bottled.

PB

:eek:
Both of them sound excellent.

My effort has motored down to 1.008 from 1.068 with no evidence of slowing yet :blink:
With bottle conditioning it'll be over 8%- dark, spicy and dry. (Scratch the Regal Saison, insert Imperial?)

Looks like I'm out, but the beer is brewing and will soon be to ready to bottle, so if someone can pick it up and drop of the mixed case of later then I'm happy to still swap.

There's going to be a huge family reunion that weekend (which I was only told about last night), held at my place too, so I have to figure a way to get some more taps up and running......

Edit: gramna

Looks like I'm out, but the beer is brewing and will soon be to ready to bottle, so if someone can pick it up and drop of the mixed case of later then I'm happy to still swap.

There's going to be a huge family reunion that weekend (which I was only told about last night), held at my place too, so I have to figure a way to get some more taps up and running......

Edit: gramna

I can transport from Nicks brew day to Winkles case swap for pick by a Sunny coaster if that helps.
Daz

I can transport from Nicks brew day to Winkles case swap for pick by a Sunny coaster if that helps.
Daz

Thanks Daz, but TP got in first with an offer to help out, so barring the unexpected looks like transport is now sorted. Besides the beer may still be in secondary come Nick's brew day (primary just about done) as I want the yeast to have plenty of time to clean up any undesirables before I bottle. Being a Trappist kinda brew it's going to be funky enough without my taking short cuts! :lol:

Bottled up and numbered, 8.4% ABV - treat this with caution. ;)

My Doppelbock was brewed yesterday and the smack pack is puffing up nicely. Time to fire up the ferment fridge.

Guys,

due to circumstances beyond my control, unfotunately I won't be able to contribute a beer to the swap. Really sorry about this - I hate it when this is done to me! Believe me, I'm spewing.

I will still be attending the swap. I think the following is the latest swap list:

1. Chappo - Trappist
3. BribieG - SuperLandlord
4. Bradsbrew. - Imperial Stout
5. PocketBeers - Vanilla Stout methinks
6. Browndog - American Browndog Ale
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
8. kram - I've got 6 months to relearn how to make a beer, so beer it is
9. Stillscottish - Innis and Gunn Knockoff?
10. Winkle - Tootin' Saison (a dark 'regal' saison ~7%)
12. scoundrel_rogue - either a chimay blue knock off or a bavarian wheat. needs tweaking
13. NickB - Beer (maybe)
14. DKS - Budvar
15. geoff_tewierik - Dopplebock.
16. Daemon - Vanilla Porter.
17. Thomas J. - Something wheat or rye?
21.Clean Brewer - Beer(Barleywine?????)
24. Ross - ????

Attending but not swapping

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
7. Ras (depends on what time my meeting ends but might be able to call around saterday afternoon to say Hi and have a beer or 2)

Oh bugger, I was looking forward to your contribution too :( .
Brew a beer Bonj!, (and where is Incider on the list <_< )

1. Chappo - Trappist
3. BribieG - SuperLandlord
4. Bradsbrew. - Imperial Stout
5. PocketBeers - Vanilla Stout methinks
6. Browndog - American Browndog Ale
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
8. kram - I've got 6 months to relearn how to make a beer, so beer it is
9. Stillscottish - Innis and Gunn Knockoff?
10. Winkle - Dark Regal Saison ~8%
12. scoundrel_rogue - either a chimay blue knock off or a bavarian wheat. needs tweaking
13. NickB - Beer (maybe)
14. DKS - Budvar
15. geoff_tewierik - Dopplebock.
16. Daemon - Vanilla Porter.
17. Thomas J. - Something wheat or rye?
21.Clean Brewer - Beer(Barleywine?????)
24. Ross - ????

Attending but not swapping

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
7. Ras (depends on what time my meeting ends but might be able to call around saterday afternoon to say Hi and have a beer or 2)

I will hopefully be bringing the party keg for consumption on the night, but won't be swapping.

The correct question that should be asked Winkle old son is simply ---- "Where is Incider"?

TP

Indeed.
I hope he's not taking this healthly living thing too seriously.

Back