Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pocket Beers: Did you end up using vanilla at all? I have hazelnut here that I'm tempted to try instead if that's the case. Will be taking a quick sample from the fermenter once it's complete and testing it with both, whatever I like the best ends up as the final product :)
Yep - 2 of the biggest, plumpest Vanilla Beans I've seen.

I have more if required for secondary, but probably won't bother as the beer will stand up on it's own (literally).

PB

Pulled out of the swap sorry to say. Work is just controlling my life lately leaving little time to brew so rather than offering up a half assed effort I would rather pull out and bat another day. I will still be attending with a keg of some beery substance :) .

(Does anyone out there contract brew? :ph34r: )

Pulled out of the swap sorry to say. Work is just controlling my life lately leaving little time to brew so rather than offering up a half assed effort I would rather pull out and bat another day. I will still be attending with a keg of some beery substance :) .

Mate we were expecting a half arsed effort anyway :D

Outback Brewery should be able to help you out ;).

Gee no time for drinking with your 'mates' or brewing - hope your getting plenty of nooky :p .

He's spending too much time with a certain folks-vahgen

Shhhhhhh! Bonj! Don't want everyone thinking I've gone all weird :rolleyes:

your_weird.jpg

I concur!

OT: Did you enjoy your phone messages Chappo.... It was all Troydo, I swear..... :ph34r:

Finally brewing my contribution, its taken a while. <_<
A dark saison @ ~7% ABV, hovering at the top end of the range for everything according to the style sheet. Of a mind to use the slurry on a strong stout :icon_cheers: .
I'd better get a few more batches down for the swap as well.

Mine's done fermenting....i'll taste it later tonight and see if i need to add more vanilla or not.

PB :icon_cheers:

Is this still set for the 17th?
I raise it because as Good Beer Lunch email subscribers will know there's a planned big event on the 16th for International Brewers Day at Grand Central, and possibly that won't be the only event on that weekend...

I did try and find the date but it's a QLD case swap thread so finding actual information can be difficult ;)

Update: Mild vanilla taste...definitely not the dominant flavour.

It's gonna be a great beer for winter as is, it currently tastes more like a chocolate oatmeal stout though....with a hint of vanilla :eek:

Happy to soak a couple more vanilla beans in some bourbon, rum or vodka for 24hrs then add in for a couple of days before bottling on the weekend.

What would people prefer? After all it's gonna be your beer.

PB

Edit: Sorry Ben, yes it's the 17th.

Is this still set for the 17th?
I raise it because as Good Beer Lunch email subscribers will know there's a planned big event on the 16th for International Brewers Day at Grand Central, and possibly that won't be the only event on that weekend...

Fly_in_the_Ointment__29834.jpg

Batz

F*ck them, we got in first ages ago (and there's too much on in the month to swap {sic} it), just do the Friday nite like me (SWMBO permitting).

The Saison is resting in a cube-of-death, smelt glorious going in. Volume was a bit down and OG high due to me playing with my new toy "Rambo" - will adjust that by a flys doodle tomorrow before pitching the yeast, should be a good one.

Well you might want to consider a change of date...

There's a big event planned at the Platform on Friday 16th with a lot of beers from around the country not normally seen in Brisbane and maybe some international as well.
This will be limited ticket event, so subscribe to goodbeers.com.au updates for a change to get yourself in.

There's also be an event on the Sunday at Archive. No confirmation on a Saturday event as yet but you really don't want to miss out on these!

I am kind of indirectly affiliated but not directly involved but there'll be more information and perhaps a dedicated thread coming soon...

F*ck them, we got in first ages ago (and there's too much on in the month to swap {sic} it), just do the Friday nite like me (SWMBO permitting).
Well I'll be doing Friday for sure, then I have a mate's bucks on the 17th so I wouldn't have been case swapping anyway, but as long as everyone's up for multiple events it's all good.
I just wanted to make sure you guys were up to speed on these events...

Better beers at the Swap than at any Commercial Event... Well mostly..

There was that one......

Swap 4 me 4 sure.

Lilo

Well I'll be doing Friday for sure, then I have a mate's bucks on the 17th so I wouldn't have been case swapping anyway, but as long as everyone's up for multiple events it's all good.
I just wanted to make sure you guys were up to speed on these events...

Sorry that came out a bit harsh which wasn't my intent.
I was just saying the date can't be moved, since people have moved work rosters etc and the rest of the weekends in the month are full.

Sorry that came out a bit harsh which wasn't my intent.
I was just saying the date can't be moved, since people have moved work rosters etc and the rest of the weekends in the month are full.

It's all good. I understand the work issues etc. I just suggested it because I know that more than one beer event on a weekend can test the patience of other halves...
I also have an interest in wanting to ensure the success of the brewers day thing because a) these events have become fairly rare in Brisbane and I like to support them as much as I can and B) my wife is helping with it.
As I said a prior commitment on that day sees me not attending the swap anyway...

Ok cancel this... I am back in! :icon_drunk:
Golden Belgian

Latest posts

Back