Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic:

Scoundrel,
I have PM'd you with no result. :(
If you still want that brewing prog we talked about at BribieG's then send me a PM with a WEB email addy in it.

TP

1. Chappo - Trappist
3. BribieG - SuperLandlord
4. Bradsbrew. - Imperial Stout
5. PocketBeers - Vanilla Stout
6. Browndog - American Browndog Ale
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
8. kram - I've got 6 months to relearn how to make a beer, so beer it is
9. Stillscottish - Treacle Juice - AKA Strong Stout with Coles specialty addition, matured on Bourbon Oak with a side salad of 250ml Bourbon.
10. Winkle - Dark Regal Saison ~8%
12. scoundrel_rogue - Beligian dark ale
13. NickB - Beer (maybe)
14. DKS - Budvar
15. geoff_tewierik - Dopplebock.
16. Daemon - Vanilla Porter.
17. Thomas J. - Trapist triple (Chimay White clone)
21.Clean Brewer - Beer(Barleywine?????)
24. Ross - ????

Attending but not swapping

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
7. Ras (depends on what time my meeting ends but might be able to call around saterday afternoon to say Hi and have a beer or 2)

Just updated my entry.......

1. Chappo - Trappist
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
9. Stillscottish - Treacle Juice - AKA Strong Stout with Coles specialty addition, matured on Bourbon Oak with a side salad of 250ml Bourbon.
13. NickB - Old Rifle Range Dark Mild
14. DKS - Budvar
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
7. Ras (depends on what time my meeting ends but might be able to call around saterday afternoon to say Hi and have a beer or 2)

Finally decided on what to brew!

Cheers

1. Chappo - Trappist
14. DKS - Budvar
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully

Beers for the day/nite

Winkle - probably a Best Bitter, Acerola Saison and Dark Mild on tap (maybe a Gose as well)

Might start the brew tomorrow.

I've got:

8kg Otter

Simcoe
Amarillo
Cascade

and some yeast. Some bread yeast. Some 1882, some 1968, some 1214, and a random few cheese cultures...

Maybe I just throw all three hops in the boil and start 1882, and finish with the cheese cultures if it stalls.

Then dry chilli with Dorset Naga.

I can has Blue Cheese dressing.

Might start the brew tomorrow.

I've got:

8kg Otter

Simcoe
Amarillo
Cascade

and some yeast. Some bread yeast. Some 1882, some 1968, some 1214, and a random few cheese cultures...

Maybe I just throw all three hops in the boil and start 1882, and finish with the cheese cultures if it stalls.

Then dry chilli with Dorset Naga.

I can has Blue Cheese dressing.

Sounds delightful.

1. Chappo - Trappist
14. DKS - Budvar
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully

Sorry have to pull out, Hospital has contacted me today re kidney stone test results and I am now bumped up to category 2 in Anna Bligh's death watch list - my GP has advised not to sleep out away from home until further Xrays etc - the main issue is that if I were to get renal colic (apparently worse than childbirth) etc away from home, as a carer I have plan A and B to look after SWMBO if I had to go into hospital from here (Bribie Island -> Caboolture) as we have family on the island but if I were to get an attack at Everton Park and had to go into RBH or PC then we'd all be well fcked especially with the car at Winkles. <_<

have a few coldies for me.

:beerbang:

(snip)

Sorry have to pull out, Hospital has contacted me today re kidney stone test results and I am now bumped up to category 2 in Anna Bligh's death watch list - my GP has advised not to sleep out away from home until further Xrays etc - the main issue is that if I were to get renal colic (apparently worse than childbirth) etc away from home, as a carer I have plan A and B to look after SWMBO if I had to go into hospital from here (Bribie Island -> Caboolture) as we have family on the island but if I were to get an attack at Everton Park and had to go into RBH or PC then we'd all be well fcked especially with the car at Winkles. <_<

have a few coldies for me.

:beerbang:

Eeek, sounds nasty, hope you get on top of it soon.
Do you want to stay in the case swap Bribie, I could always bring your case to BABBs or get one of the guys heading North to drop it off?

Been over two weeks of cold 12 degree ferment and the yeast has been chugging away and the Doppelbock is down to 1030 from 1079.

Can't decide whether to;

leave it as long as possible, filter, keg and tap off bottles off the keg on the day before so I can drop them off on the Saturday morning before I catch my flight.

or

leave it until this weekend (by which it should be down to about 1025 or below), rack off into a keg, run off 20 bottles and add a carbonation drop, cap them and recommend you lot hold off until at least two weeks have passed.

2cents,
With time restraints etc, whatever is easiest for you Geoff but I would try to let it go as long as possible if it were mine.
Ive been wanting to try a Dopplebock. Looking foward to it. :icon_cheers:
Daz

1. Chappo - Trappist
14. DKS - Budvar
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
8.Clean Brewer

Just updated my Status, unfortunately since im away at work for 3 weeks and only get home 1 day before this event, I wont be able to have any beer Gassed and ready to go for the day...... :ph34r:

Can I bring something else along to compensate? Maybe some Prawns? :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

1. Chappo - Trappist
2. BribieG - swapping but not attending - UK Best Bitter - was going to be a Landlord but I Burtonised the liquor instead and why the hell not.
14. DKS - Budvar
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
8.Clean Brewer

---------------------------------------
Yup we'll do the BABBs thing, I'll be there for the dark minicomp = the same mild as in the BABBs Annual so that will be interesting feedback. :icon_cheers:

(SNIP)

Just updated my Status, unfortunately since im away at work for 3 weeks and only get home 1 day before this event, I wont be able to have any beer Gassed and ready to go for the day...... :ph34r:

Can I bring something else along to compensate? Maybe some Prawns? :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

Sounds good to me :icon_cheers:

1. Chappo - Trappist
2. BribieG - swapping but not attending - UK Best Bitter - was going to be a Landlord but I Burtonised the liquor instead and why the hell not.
4. Bradsbrew. - ASB yep American Special Bitter
14. DKS - Budvar
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
8.Clean Brewer

Just updated my beer
Getting bottled tmorrow, how many we looking at for swaps?

1. Chappo - Trappist
4. Bradsbrew. - ASB yep American Special Bitter
14. DKS - Budvar
18. Florian - Rye Weizen
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
8.Clean Brewer

I'm in.

Florian

Latest posts

Back