Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:p

The Acerola Saison should be on tap as well :icon_cheers: .

and here I was telling myself that i wont be getting too pissed and will be healthy on sunday morning..........Acerola :icon_drunk:

+3 for Florian who brings the total swap case to 17 if my maths are correct?
Total attendance to Winkles = 25 all told (And that's if Rossco gets his act together???)
:icon_offtopic:
Am collecting my new computer from Indooroopilly in the AM tomorrow & with a few hours to spare whilst they do their thing, am considering a train ride to Ippy to inflict my superior brewing knowledge on you Tony you poor *******. :lol:
Not really done & dusted yet so you might get lucky????????????????? :lol:

TP

Hi Pete,
If you turned up today and nobody was home, that is because we were at the emegency animal hospital spending obscene amounts of money on our dog.

Hi Pete,
If you turned up today and nobody was home, that is because we were at the emegency animal hospital spending obscene amounts of money on our dog.

Tony,

Sorry you missed out on the stratospheric brewing education I could have given you mate ( :lol: ) but sad to say I couldn't make it given my allotted waiting time at Indooroopilly.
Hope the doggy is ok & that your bank balance is as well as can be expected after funding a vet's early retirement plan? :p

TP

Tony,

Sorry you missed out on the stratospheric brewing education I could have given you mate ( :lol: ) but sad to say I couldn't make it given my allotted waiting time at Indooroopilly.
Hope the doggy is ok & that your bank balance is as well as can be expected after funding a vet's early retirement plan? :p

TP

$1000 later and I am happy to say eyeballs are not going to burst due to glaucoma, it is an infection some antibiotics will fix.

-BD :(

$1000 later and I am happy to say eyeballs are not going to burst due to glaucoma, it is an infection some antibiotics will fix.

-BD :(

Glad that turned out ok, but how's the dog doing?

Additional info:

Official start time 2pm-ish

We'll try and get the swap part over earlish, before our collective razor-sharp wits are dulled by prolonged sampling. Bottles - PET with numbers on the lid (one for everyone in the swap, including yourself).

Fodder:

chips & nuts
casava crackers & dips
mini spring rolls
BBQ chicken wings

Curry & rice
Pork Adobo
Pancit Canton (stir-fried noodles)

Breakfast

Probably some other stuff as well, you should be well fed. Dinner about 6pm.
Cost will be around $20 per head.

If anyone can bring some fire wood, that would be useful - judging but the last few days.
Don't forget your glass :icon_cheers: .

I'll fire off a PM with the address etc before Friday. If you went to the one at the Rangas' place (last year?) - it's just down the hill.
Sh*t I've got a bit to do before then :blink: .
Get here early and you'll probably be roped into making spring rolls :rolleyes: .

Edit: can't spelle

Updated the swap list.

1. Chappo - Trappist
2. BribieG - swapping but not attending - UK Best Bitter - was going to be a Landlord but I Burtonised the liquor instead and why the hell not.
4. Bradsbrew. - ASB yep American Special Bitter
5. PocketBeers - Vanilla Stout
6. Browndog - Andromeda IPA
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
8. kram - I've got 6 months to relearn how to make a beer, so beer it is
9. Stillscottish - Treacle Juice - AKA Strong Stout with Coles specialty addition, matured on Bourbon Oak with a side salad of 250ml Bourbon.
10. Winkle - Dark Regal Saison ~8% (OK to drink now - better after June 30)
12. scoundrel_rogue - Beligian dark ale
13. NickB - Old Rifle Range Dark Mild
14. DKS - Budvar
15. geoff_tewierik - Dopplebock.
16. Daemon - Vanilla Porter.
17. Thomas J. - Trapist triple (Chimay White clone)
18. Florian - Rye Weizen
24. Ross - ????

Attending but not swapping

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
7. Ras (depends on what time my meeting ends but might be able to call around saterday afternoon to say Hi and have a beer or 2)
8.Clean Brewer
9.Paulwolf350?

Just a side note;
Does anyone attending Winkles have a beer made with a shed load of Vienna they would care to swap or share on the day for something I have. Just one bottle.
I'd like to try one with a big Vienna grain percentage as I've only used it in small amounts and am suspicious of unpalatable flavour for my tastes. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Hopefully there may be some of this left for tasting on the day...........If its all gone i am sure I will tell everyone how good it was. :D

P1040389.JPG

1. Chappo - Trappist
2. BribieG - swapping but not attending - UK Best Bitter - was going to be a Landlord but I Burtonised the liquor instead and why the hell not.
7. Scruffy - Something with chilli perhaps? Or perhaps just a good strong pale... on the sweet side...
9. Stillscottish - Treacle Juice - AKA Strong Stout with Coles specialty addition, matured on Bourbon Oak with a side salad of 250ml Bourbon.
14. DKS - Budvar
18. Florian - Rye Weizen
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
7. Ras (depends on what time my meeting ends but might be able to call around saterday afternoon to say Hi and have a beer or 2)
8.Clean Brewer
9.Paulwolf350?
10. Batz...looks like I'll be there !

Batz

1. Chappo - Trappist
14. DKS - Budvar
18. Florian - Rye Weizen
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
8.Clean Brewer
9.Paulwolf350?

Batz

Excellent :kooi:

Better bring a couple of bottles of those along Brad. :)

Excellent :kooi:

Better bring a couple of bottles of those along Brad. :)

Bottles?............ I was planning on bringing the keg B) . Just have to be controlled during the week but its an "extra dry session stout"
very roasty and very drinkable.

1. Chappo - Trappist
4. Bradsbrew. - English Bitter
14. DKS - Budvar
18. Florian - Rye Weizen
24. Ross - ????

1. Snow
2. TidalPete
3. Bonj
4. mossyrocks
5. Lilo
6. Sully
8.Clean Brewer
9.Paulwolf350?

Just RE,Re updated my swap beer

Finally pitched the yeast into the Mild this morning. Will check on activity when finish work, but it should be fermented out by the weekend, then kegged and into bottles on Friday week... May want to give it a week or two in the bottle, but should be Ok to drink straight away if you wish. Bringing a keg of Lite Rice Lager as something different to the dangerous Belgians and IIPAs the everyone else will :p

May be there early too, Perry. Happy to help out in any way :)

Finally pitched the yeast into the Mild this morning. Will check on activity when finish work, but it should be fermented out by the weekend, then kegged and into bottles on Friday week... May want to give it a week or two in the bottle, but should be Ok to drink straight away if you wish. Bringing a keg of Lite Rice Lager as something different to the dangerous Belgians and IIPAs the everyone else will :p

Ta, Nick may need some assistance early in the day.
I should have the Acerola Saison, Flying Pig Bitter #2 and a Dark Mild #3 on tap (will check the line-up this weekend - but the Bitter looks/smells great)

Now that SOO has come & gone
good-news-175.gif
happy-131.gif

I hope you won't forget our yeast swap Nicolson Nick old son? :icon_cheers:
Just another gentle reminder mate.

Also hope to arrive before two to be a bit of a help IICR

TP

No worries Pete, haven't forgotten :)

On a side note, I'll be driving down that morning from Nanango if anyone needs a lift - heading through Kilcoy, then to Caboolture and down the Bruce, then through the Northside. PM me if you need a lift.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back