2016 QLD Xmas Case Swap (Tasting Thread)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#13 - APA: Mashed at 66C, and used US-05. Next one I do I'll try 64 - 65C, and compare it. Thanks for the comments. :icon_cheers:

Peege said:
1. evoo4u - Julebryg

Gingerbread on the nose. The carbonation really helps with the spice flavour. Looking forward to seeing how it develops as it warms.
I'm still drinking it. Morphs into a big, boozy beer. Spices fades away as it warms. Excellent beer.

6. Earle - Choc Wheat IPA

Felt there were a lot of hops on the nose but not a whole heap while drinking. Head retention out the wahzoo, malt and roast were very well balanced. Great beer, man, really well done.

Wrong thread i know... but seemed apt for my fellow metal headbangers. See you at opeth?!

1482548892462.jpg

10. Benken25 - American farmhouse with mulberry and chilli (Drink NOW)

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1482556543.729343.jpg

Does this **** know American? Doubt it.
Does this **** know Farmhouse? Not really.
Does this **** know Chilli? Doesn't seem to.
Does this **** know Mulberries? Seems to a bit.

Does this **** know how to make a delicious and balanced beer that wants me to go back for a second pint? **** yeah he does.

I say this quite often but if this beer doesn't deserve a specialty category win I don't know what does.

Love it.

I've sampled maybe 6 now and all I want to say is suck shit to the cunce that pulled out.

10. Benken25 - American farmhouse with mulberry and chilli (Drink NOW)

Pours with high carbonation. Good colour from the mulberry. Dry finish from the saison yeast with the chilli being the predominant element for me, not too hot but definitely there, touch of mulberry in the background. Very refreshing beer. As Parks said you could have a session on this. Good stuff.

med_gallery_7015_1311_42551.jpg

Gottfried Martius Llwdwyn MacDaibhidhs swap beer nice balanced ipa the hops take a back seat to the brett but it works very well

17. pcqypcqy - Robust Porter.

Pours very dark with a dark tan head. Dark fruit aroma, dark fruit and roast flavour, also a bit boozy but not in a hot alcohol way. Great beer. Went well with my plum pudding just now.

We drank 16. giatuprs - Brett APA earlier. It as like drinking ripe fruit juice. Fuk I enjoy brett C

13. evoo4u - APA

Gets back from Dalby, unpacks car, puts a batch of beans in roaster then opens this pondering the increased percentage of deadset morons on the roads these days. Lovely drop, as Earle said, malty and bitterness wrapped up in a beautifully balanced package. Leaves cares behind, would gladly throw a few shekels aross Phil's counter for a sixer of these then sit down and drink the lot. Really enjoying this one Roger.

IMG_0660.JPG

Parks said:
I've sampled maybe 6 now and all I want to say is suck shit to the cunce that pulled out.
Me is one. Yep I know. I is shamed. But had to go.

Love this thread lads

2. Aydos galaxy pale ale f#$king tasty mate. Pasionfruit juice in a glass, balanced well with minimal bitterness and a dry finish.

24. tazman1967 "Scorched Earth" Smoked Saison

Pours with good carbonation and what I would call an orange colour. Dry finish with pronounced spicy saison flavour. I don't get much smoke but I think perception of smoke is very subjective depending on what smoked beers you've had before. I do get a slight chilli flavour, not chilli heat, just the flavour so that could be how the smoke is presenting alongside the saison spice. I was interested to taste this one after my smoked rye farmhouse from the last swap. A good beer and very enjoyable. Good one.

18. Nickxb - Coconut Rum Porter (Drink NOW)

Rumball in a beer. Coconut, rum and some choc flavour. Great Christmas beer.

17. Pcp's State champion porter.
Good rich chocolate flavor and a nice amount of supporting roast. Good beer Dave

4. Ballantyne funk town pale
Loads of funk on the nose. Low carbonation which I think thins the mouthfeel. It's all funk and no hops. I do like the funk.

10 benken25's mulberry chilli abomination.
This beer is what it says.
Mulberrys check
Chilli check
Farmhouse check
Well played Ben it could only be better if it was served in a maroon tin minus every point above.

Latest posts

Back