Vic 2013 Xmas in July Swap - Recipe thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one manticle!

I'm gutted right now. The beer I kegged yesterday tastes farken dreadful, some kind of infection

Hosting the swap with no beer

Have good weekend Vics,But you know the rules. What happens at the swap is posted on AHB + PICS.

Cheers & Beers
Have a good one

Dave :beer: :super: :party:

Edak said:
What can we do re beer for general consumption?
Everybody brings as much beer as they can drink x 3.
Kegs, bottles, whatever.

Unfortunately I have no hb ready so I will be bringing commercial.

Sorry to hear your bad news bb. How much do we owe you for spits, etc?

We'll all bring bottles to share of course!
Did we have any luck with the A-type coupler?

breakbeer said:
Nice one manticle!

I'm gutted right now. The beer I kegged yesterday tastes farken dreadful, some kind of infection

Well I suppose seeing your the host,you have to cook while you drink other swappers beer. :ph34r:

An A type coupler would be awesome but I had no response when i asked, anyone?

Might have to put the spit on early coz there's a shitload more pork than there is sausages. I thought I was buying the same portion I bought last Christmas, but I went to pick it up & it's roughly twice the size, but thinner & longer

Picking up freshly baked rolls at 8am

breakbeer said:

Ah LOL - you're truly having a bad run, bb!! :unsure: No grains. No beer... maybe you'd better check the water, gas & electricity!

No stress, dude. You're about to host 22 mad brewers. I'm sure the beer will sort itself out. :beerbang:

Luckily you've got the food covered. We're probably not so good on non-liquid food -_-
& you can never have too much pork...

Teflon tape, stuffed if I can find it.. Can someone supply? Only need a little bit.. Had it the other day...

I have Gas tape packed already if thats what you mean yeah?

EDIT: normally a stretchy white tape on a blue ring but the bunnings bloke told me the yellow ring was better. can you tell i work in an office? ahha

I've got both kinds of Teflon tape & also a tube of keg lube if that's what you're into

I'm goin to bed

Don't forget to bring clean, sanitised and labelled cubes all those who are taking wort.

Ok, got my wyeast 1098. A few questions.

I've got my 25l cube, I'm going to tip into my 32l fermenter. Haven't done a stout before.

1. Wasn't planning on splitting my yeast. Do I need to make a starter with my yeast?
  2. I plan to ferment at 19o I trust this is a suitable temp?
  3. My fermenter is volume is adequate?
I'm just going to ferment for 3weeks at this temp and bottle it. leave it in the bottles at same temp for another 2 weeks then cellar it for 6weeks before testing.

Back