Vic 2013 Xmas in July Swap - Recipe thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest:

Grain:

35kg Maris (Charst/10kg)(/Whiteferret/10kg)(meathead/15kg)
4kg Naked Oats (Whiteferret/2kg)(manticle/2kg)
700g aromatic (breakbeer/700g)
1050g biscuit (Techno/500g / breakbeer/550)
1050g Mixed crystal (light, med and dark) 90L (Techno/350g M)(manticle/350g L +350g D)
1750g TF pale chocolate (breakbeer/1750g)
700g Simpsons black patent (breakbeer/700g)
1400g Roasted barley (manticle/1400g)

Adjuncts?
Hops:
175g Kent Goldings (4.5% AA) (Techno/80g / )
175g Challenger (6.5% AA) (Yob - 175)
70g Kent Goldings (aroma) (Yob - 70)
70g Challenger (aroma) (Yob - 70)
Cal Chloride. (Charst) How much?

So, if it's correct to assume Yob is bringing the balance of EKG (? the 100g on top of his listed 70g ?) then it all done! :D
Woohoo!! :super:

Edit - apologies breakbeer for basically just re-writing your post. I was just putting my crystal in there & double-checking the EKG, though I think Yob's already put his hand up originally for all remaining hops.

I'm intrigued - exactly how many litres is this brew going to make????

41kg of grain - WOW.

I am so dissapopinted I cant get there. :angry:

GrumpyPaul said:
I'm intrigued - exactly how many litres is this brew going to make????

41kg of grain - WOW.

I am so dissapopinted I cant get there. :angry:
bring the missus, tell her it's a day out with a surprise..

surprise is she's driving home :lol:

Still going with the 5 step mash? Just asking coz I'd like to program my controller on Friday

Put my hand up for the Cal Chloride but not sure how much is required?

I have 20g at the moment but can get more if need be.

breakbeer said:
Still going with the 5 step mash? Just asking coz I'd like to program my controller on Friday
For this kind of volume with an amalgamation of varied equipment I reckon single infusion is the way.

I think we might have trouble sorting out an effective wort return, will check if the one from my old MT fits, as Manticle says, with a system made up of bits and pieces from all over the state, infusion will probably be easiest, one less thing to go wrong.

Grain and gtape are out of naked oats so I'll have to get rolled or somesuch.

I can do all the oats if you want manticle. Does 3kg sound good? What temp and time do you recommend in the oven?

OK, so there's potentially a large problem. I just went to pick up my grain order from the Post Office & it's not ******* there. Grain & Grape stuffed up & forgot to send it ;)

Is anyone going to G&G today by any chance?

Or is anyone a bit closer to them than I am & I can maybe organise for it to be couriered to you?

Tell them to courier it... at their expence, the only way they will learn.. when was the order placed?

turns out they didn't forget my order, he just couldn't remember at the time.

Australia Post are holding it at a distribution centre & apparently I'm not allowed to pick it up :unsure:

Waiting on another call from G&G to tell me the code number or something & then I've gotta have it out with Aus' Post

1050g biscuit (/ breakbeer/550)

I can cover the biscuit and quite possibly a good portion of the roast too. Will have a look tonight. Otherwise someone might be able to go past greensborough on the way?

We can always adjust the recipe and thete is also a good chance vitalstatistix will have what I don't including aromatic. Don't sweat

i have a kilo of chocolate and roast barley as well as 20 odd of traditional if you need it

Bollox, been compiling a list all week of what I need to bring and bloody left it at work... <_<

Now, to start packing the car with what I can remember :icon_chickcheers:

Yob no need to pick up my beers. You can cross that of your list...that you left at work.

Turns out micbrew is not far from my place. I have dropped mine of with him to take.

breakbeer said:
1050g biscuit (/ breakbeer/550)
All good. Me and vitalstatistix have got it covered.

Back