(SE?) QLD Xmas in July Case Swap 15 July 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motabika said:
I'm sorry I hijacked this thread.

I'll Remove myself from this forum. Don't want to be here anymore
I don't know the details of what happened and can see that you haven't got satisfaction that you want on this forum from those who seem to be involved but it appears that there have been others here who have tried to be supportive. It's your call but seems a shame to miss out on the good bits of this forum due to a few members. Hope to see you still around the forum and if make it to the swap be sure to say hello to me. Pretty sure there will be plenty of guys there who you will find nothing other than friendly and happy to yarn.

earle said:
I don't know the details of what happened and can see that you haven't got satisfaction that you want on this forum from those who seem to be involved but it appears that there have been others here who have tried to be supportive. It's your call but seems a shame to miss out on the good bits of this forum due to a few members. Hope to see you still around the forum and if make it to the swap be sure to say hello to me. Pretty sure there will be plenty of guys there who you will find nothing other than friendly and happy to yarn.
Word

earle said:
Very supportive in fact. I appreciate it.

I wish I could go back to last night and not post anything. Was just in a dark place and felt I needed to speak out. Obviously time and place comes into play here and trying to force my ethics down others throats is stupid.We all have different ways we see the world and mostly I am guilty of caring to much, including caring to much about how other people see me.

**** ethics, religion, politics, feelings on swap day. It's a time when everyone/anyone can come together regardless of beliefs in anything and talk/drink beer. Nothing else matters. Save anything else for another time/later in the night ha ha.

lukiferj said:
**** ethics, religion, politics, feelings on swap day. It's a time when everyone/anyone can come together regardless of beliefs in anything and talk/drink beer. Nothing else matters. Save anything else for another time/later in the night ha ha.
. Amen to that!

madpierre06 said:
Speaking of own experience, there is so much in this statement that's enough to write a thesis.

Starting with, really keen on getting to this swap, the beers just keep getting better and better every time. Good blokes to have a yarn with, chew the fat and gamey slow cooked meat, renew conversationms that didn't get finished last time, and some private swaps that yielded really top notch beery surprises. I'm looking at you, Ben Kendall's big arsed quad. Putting a couple beers together now for such privateering.
There will be a few more bottles kicking around swap night again

BenKen25 said:
There will be a few more bottles kicking around swap night again
Likewise. We're there dude. Got a couple little ones there for ya as well, mate.

Just racked my Lambic from my barrel. Got about 90 odd litres. Seems only fair I that I give up 20 litres for the swap. Will be 18 months old by July

Siderman said:
Just racked my Lambic from my barrel. Got about 90 odd litres. Seems only fair I that I give up 20 litres for the swap. Will be 18 months old by July
:icon_drool2: Reminds me to hold a couple bottles of sumfink for you and your mate, mate.

lukiferj said:
Cause let's be honest - pantsless spooning isn't everyone's cup of tea at 4pm in the arvo.

Couldn't tell if this was the latest list. Updating for my beer.

1) Winkle - maybe a historic IPA
2) Liam - maybe a porter
3) Peege - smoked porter
4) Nickxb - TBA
5) pcqypcqy - tba
6) rokaxe - maybe a beer
7) benken25 - something foolish
8) crowmanz - beer?
9) madpierre06 - not a historic Black Rye IPA
10) Meddo - deffo a beer
11) Fitzlp:- Red Rye IPA
12) Fattox - cherrywood foreign extra now with more yeast character (Wyeast Thames Valley II)
13) Earle
14) Aydos
15) Bradsbrew
16)
17) Time01
18) giatuprs - dunno but I shall call it Dickbutt and it will have Dickbutt on the label
19) evoo4u - Irish Red Ale
20) Parks
21) Adr0
22) HBHB - Either a traditional Rauchbier or a RIS
23) Zorco - 12 month aged American Barleywine
24) Ciderman
25) Lukifer
26) Cummy

Reserves:

1) Kombi74
2) Robv
3) landyjg
4) Bribie G - Toucan headbanger stout
5) Angus
6) Seehuusen
7) Matplat - Brown Porter

Brad - any chance of adding the 15th of July to the thread title?

I had to scroll back 3 pages of rubbish :wacko: to find it.

1) Winkle - maybe a historic IPA
2) Liam - maybe a porter
3) Peege - smoked porter
4) Nickxb - TBA
5) pcqypcqy - tba
6) rokaxe - maybe a beer
7) benken25 - something foolish
8) crowmanz - beer?
9) madpierre06 - not a historic Black Rye IPA
10) Meddo - deffo a beer
11) Fitzlp:- Red Rye IPA
12) Fattox - cherrywood foreign extra now with more yeast character (Wyeast Thames Valley II)
13) Earle
14) Aydos
15) Bradsbrew
16)
17) Time01
18) giatuprs - dunno but I shall call it Dickbutt and it will have Dickbutt on the label
19) evoo4u - Irish Red Ale
20) Parks - Imperial Manuka Smoked Porter (secretly adding Peat to **** with BenKen)
21) Adr0
22) HBHB - Either a traditional Rauchbier or a RIS
23) Zorco - 12 month aged American Barleywine
24) Ciderman
25) Lukifer
26) Cummy

Reserves:

1) Kombi74
2) Robv
3) landyjg
4) Bribie G - Toucan headbanger stout
5) Angus
6) Seehuusen
7) Matplat - Brown Porter

Parks said:
Brad - any chance of adding the 15th of July to the thread title?

I had to scroll back 3 pages of rubbish :wacko: to find it.
No, get Stuffed!

Is there a reason Kombi hasn't been moved to spot 16?

I keep checking this thread hoping for casualties.... sorry.

it's up to kombi to claim it, maybe send a PM to ask if they're still in the race

Latest posts

Back