SE QLD Xmas-in-July 2015 (Tasting Thread)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
angus_grant said:
I might do a re-brew of my first swap beer, a dunkel weizen, for summer swap. Am going to brew it a few times over the next few months to sort out the recipe.

I'm thinking a tripel for next winter swap. I used a pet bottle in my last batch just bottled 1 week ago so will see how it ages in the plastic.
Why don't you mix it up a little and try a Scottish ale?

7. Luggy's Irish Ale

Loved it. This is a perfect winter drop, enjoyed the lovely bold flavours and a beautiful smooth warmth spreading through my belly. Not a style I've been familiar with, one to add to the list.

Liam_snorkel said:
Not sure what I'll knock out for the xmas swap, need to get my brewing skates back on. Maybe something bretty
I might do a bretty Acerola Tarwe.

Liam_snorkel said:
Why don't you mix it up a little and try a Scottish ale?
You're not my real brewing dad!!

Although brewing a Scottish ale would fit in with all my previous swap beers. In that I haven't brewed one before.

angus_grant said:
You're not my real brewing dad!!

Although brewing a Scottish ale would fit in with all my previous swap beers. In that I haven't brewed one before.
This pretty much fits in with everything tbh. In that you haven't brewed anything but tripels.

Now I've pencilled in the Acerola Tarwe for the Xmas swap, I'll be rebrewing a Gose in the next week or two - so its possible you might get a version of that. Hmmm, salty sourness,,,,

I think my summer swap might be a cheeky Bo Pilsner. I've got a vial of the yeast bay hessian pils to try out soon and will run batch no. 2 as my swap beer

winkle said:
Now I've pencilled in the Acerola Tarwe for the Xmas swap, I'll be rebrewing a Gose in the next week or two - so its possible you might get a version of that. Hmmm, salty sourness,,,,
So where and when is the chrissy swap?

No. 14 - rokaxe's IRA - not a bad drop. Good bitterness, maybe a touch over the top but it's a solid beer overall.

I recently had Red Hill's new Red IPA which reminded me heaps of my beer. Very similar so therefore Red Hill owe me for ripping off my recipe da cunce.

angus_grant said:
#1 Perry's biére De Noel.

Fan ******* tastic!!!!

Featuring my sisters partner in the background who is not a beer nerd. He says very well done.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440852374.876385.jpg

I second this entirely!!!!! My experience zigackly ('cepting the brother in law bit), I'd had a cleanser after mowing the yard this arvo, this was perfect to just sit and enjoy while listening to some music under the hiouse. The first glass was the best, after opening the amount poured into the glas was repalced by increased carbonation which seemed to stir up what was still in the bottle.

Perry , I love what you do with your sours, awesome beer mate. Do you need extra equipmwnt, does beer need to sit in fermenter for longer, etc etc.....I'm keen to try my own sours if yours are any indication.

madpierre06 said:
I second this entirely!!!!! My experience zigackly ('cepting the brother in law bit), I'd had a cleanser after mowing the yard this arvo, this was perfect to just sit and enjoy while listening to some music under the hiouse. The first glass was the best, after opening the amount poured into the glas was repalced by increased carbonation which seemed to stir up what was still in the bottle.

Perry , I love what you do with your sours, awesome beer mate. Do you need extra equipmwnt, does beer need to sit in fermenter for longer, etc etc.....I'm keen to try my own sours if yours are any indication.
I'll give you a yell when I put down a gose on Thurs/Fri next week if you want to see that. I'd advise burping the bottle first, then dispensing it into a jug - (its just the way this yeast seems to work in concert with 3711). No extra equipment needed, just have to work with the yeast(s) and (hopefully) know what they are going to do.

#5 Big Ol Brown Porter.
I'm a sucker for a Brown, and this didn't dissapoint. Ticked all the boxes for me Liam.
#16 Lemongrass/Pepper/Rice Lager.
I picked up a trace of the lemongrass and a decent whack of pepper in this lager. Quite thin bodied (as you expect) and quite clean, except for a slight vegetative note in the finish, probably caused by the lemongrass, that I suspect wouldn't have been there had I drunk this a bit earlier. Was great being the first beer after work.

Latest posts

Back