SE QLD Xmas-in-July 2015 (Tasting Thread)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks

wort jockey
Reaction score
  1. (01/09) Winkle - Biere de Noel Ale 8.5% (dark/sour) ready to drink 1 Sep 2015 (probably)
  2. (READY) Ciderman - Red Rye IPA 6.5% 66IBU - Should be ready to drink by swap date.
  3. HBHB - Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 10.5% - going light this time
  4. (05/08) madpierre06 - Coffee Imperial Stout 4 is cold steeped coffee addition, 4 as is means straight bean addition, 18 hour soak. Bottled 2/7, give minimum month to drink. Bottle with an underlined 4 , then you have cold steeped addition prior to bottling, no underline means yours is whole bean for 18 hours prior to bottling.
  5. (READY) liam_snorkel - robust porter
  6. (READY) Parks - Coffee Stout - DRINK IT YESTERDAY
  7. (01/08) luggy- Irish Ale, 6.2%, Be at its best from early august.
  8. (READY) hwall95 - Mocha Stout, 7%, Should be ready
  9. (11/07) Meno - Kiwi Bright Ale Give it one week
  10. (READY) Seehuusen - American Wheat IPA
  11. (18/07) Angus - raisin porter
  12. (18/07) Natdene - Black IPA 6.2%, bottled 29/06 so give it a few weeks
  13. (18/07) Lukiferj - Dark Rye Saison - bottled 27 June so will need a few weeks at least
  14. (02/08) rokaxe - IRA 6.8%, 97 IBU (ready to drink Aug 2nd, soz)
  15. (25/07) Ballantyne - Yee Ipa 6.9% - bottled 1/7/15 - needs at least 3 weeks
  16. (11/07) Benken25 - rice lager with lemongrass and black pepper
  17. (READY) Brewkid - (IPA - LATE SCRATCHING) OATMEAL STOUT 4.7% now replacing it, ready to drink now.
  18. (??/??) Beersuit - Gladfields Belgian blonde.
  19. (26/12) Fattox - imperial dark lager
  20. (08/07) Adr_0 - English IPA
  21. (READY) Radshoes - Vanilla Mocha Porter RED 21 IS PORTER GREEN 21 IS AN APA Both ready for consumption now.
  22. (??/??) Aydos - Dark rye IPA
  23. (READY) Earle - Hoppy Hefe DRINK NOW
  24. (READY) Screamadelica - (18 of them are belgian IPA, 6 are choc-raspberry saison) DRINK NOW
Just Beersuit and Aydos without RTD dates. I made up a number where the date was fuzzy :chug:

Why didn't I bring your coffee stout to work this morning. I could do with a coffee right now - and a beer would also be nice!

Parks said:
If you give me a "ready to drink" date I will edit the first post instead of everyone copy/pasting the whole list over and over.
23. Earle - Hoppy Hefe - Been in a fermenting fridge at about 20C since I bottled it 2 or 3 weeks ago. Bottles feel hard so should be carbed for drinking now. Will be best drunk young

Mine are good to drink straight away. And if you got a choc-raspberry saison drink it now cos the counter pressure filler went nuts for them and foamed a bit so they might be slightly under carbed sorry

9. Meno - Kiwi Bright Ale ...technically ready to drink now but another week in the bottle would do it some good methinks.

Parks said:
1. Winkle - Biere de Noel Ale 8.5% (dark/sour) ready to drink 1 Sep 2015 (probably)
2. Ciderman - Red Rye IPA 6.5% 66IBU - Should be ready to drink by swap date.
3. HBHB - Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 10.5% - going light this time
4. madpierre06 - Coffee Imperial Stout 4 is cold steeped coffee addition, 4 as is means straight bean addition, 18 hour soak. Bottled 2/7, give minimum month to drink. Bottle with an underlined 4 , then you have cold steeped addition prior to bottling, no underline means yours is whole bean for 18 hours prior to bottling.
5. liam_snorkel - robust porter
6. Parks - Coffee Stout - DRINK IT YESTERDAY
7. luggy- Irish Ale, 6.2%, Be at its best from early august.
8. hwall95 - Mocha Stout, 7%, Should be ready
9. Meno - Kiwi Bright Ale Give it one week
10. Seehuusen - American Wheat IPA
11. Angus - raisin porter
12.Natdene - Black IPA 6.2%, bottled 29/06 so give it a few weeks
13. Lukiferj - Dark Rye Saison - bottled 27 June so will need a few weeks at least
14. rokaxe - IRA 6.8%, 97 IBU (ready to drink Aug 2nd, soz)
15. Ballantyne - Yee Ipa 6.9% - bottled 1/7/15 - needs at least 3 weeks
16. Benken25 - rice lager with lemongrass and black pepper. Give mine a week or so
17. Brewkid - (IPA - LATE SCRATCHING) OATMEAL STOUT 4.7% now replacing it, ready to drink now.
18. Beersuit - Gladfields Belgian blonde.
19. Fattox - imperial dark lager
20. Adr_0 - English IPA
21. Radshoes - Vanilla Mocha Porter RED 21 IS PORTER GREEN 21 IS AN APA Both ready for consumption now.
22. Aydos - Dark rye IPA
23. Earle - Hoppy Hefe DRINK NOW
24. Screamadelica - (18 of them are belgian IPA, 6 are choc-raspberry saison) DRINK NOW

If you give me a "ready to drink" date I will edit the first post instead of everyone copy/pasting the whole list over and over.

21. radshoes APA

Nice malt character. Good, smooth bitterness. Great stonefruit and citrus hop aroma and flavour.

Very refreshing recovery beer!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1436066971.486128.jpg

Made it home safely, thanks to Martin! Perry and Anna, many thanks for being such generous and gracious hosts! awesome to meet everybody. hope nobody ended up pregnant (again...)

20 - mayne give it a couple of days just to settle. there are some (hop) chunks that you dont want to get in the glass, or maybe decant into pitcher? clear and carbed enough though.

10. Seehuusen - American Wheat IPA - Get that beer in the fridge in a day or two and then get it flowing over your taste buds :D (e.g. as with any wheat beer, drink it soonish)

19 - Fattox - Imperial Dark Lager - bottle carbing, only bottled Thursday and it finished at 9% so probably wait until after Christmas time. Time will only do it favours.

Also the yeast used is the Yeast Bay Franconian Dark Lager, if anyone wants to culture that one up its a good solid strain with a reasonable attenuation and flavour profile suiting darker lagers.

8 - Mocha Stout. Mine may need a bit longer. Opened a bottle tonight and it wasn't carb very much unlike the previous bottle I tried. You might need to turn it over to get the yeast suspended again and let it sit somewhere warm. It's still nice uncarbed for anyone's that likes flat/real low carbed stouts

20 - go 7/8th July and decant rather than putting chunks in glass. Should have secondaried.

06 Parks - Coffee Stout

I had this one yesterday, great beer mate :)

Roasted malt on the nose and for obvious reasons very little in terms of hops aroma.
Flavour was almost Ice-Coffee, with a hint of bitterness to combat the sweetness. Very well balanced.
My only critique, the lack of carbonation/ head, I would personally have liked a little more.

Can I ask, how did you achieve that beautiful level of coffee flavour?

Cheers,
Martin

10. Seehuusen - American Wheat IPA

Drinking this now - quite slowly. Still a 1mm head even though I cracked it 20 minutes ago and have nearly finished the glass.
Now that I think about it I should have put it in a wheat beer glass - I was just lamenting the fact that I didn't have an american wheat beer glass to drink it out of..
Quite a mellow beer - not much in the way of flavour or aroma for some one with dulled senses like myself.
As it has warmed up I have gotten a little bit of sweetness out of it. Wondering what the alcohol percentage would be?
Quite enjoyable would drink a couple more if I had the chance.

23. Earles hoppy hefe. love this beer mate. Great aroma of citrus and mango. Nice and Smooth. Very drinkable

seehuusen said:
06 Parks - Coffee Stout

I had this one yesterday, great beer mate :)

Roasted malt on the nose and for obvious reasons very little in terms of hops aroma.
Flavour was almost Ice-Coffee, with a hint of bitterness to combat the sweetness. Very well balanced.
My only critique, the lack of carbonation/ head, I would personally have liked a little more.

Can I ask, how did you achieve that beautiful level of coffee flavour?

Cheers,
Martin
Glad you enjoyed it. I think the carb suffered with the extra head space I left to ensure I got 24 bottles :unsure:

The coffee I cold steeped 100gm of Aromas Chicago Dark, coarsely ground in 600ML of cold water for 24 hours. I simply did it in a coffee plunger so after that time I plunged it straight into my beer near the end of fermentation to hopefully allow the remaining active yeast to soak up any introduced oxygen.

Works pretty well :drinks:

Back