Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the phone call attempt guys , Didn't even hear it ring ..:( was well passed out by 23:30 haha ...

Maybe the next one ...

cheers

Hmm, finally out of bed. I suppose I should head back over and gather my spoils... (and car)

And hang my head in shame for committing the n00b sin of bottling in glass.. (well, I didn't get a chance to brew specifically for the swap so had to put in what I had anyway...) Sorry :p

Back home

Many thanks for a top night Perry, I hope Anna is soon on the road to recovery. Must have been hard having a house full of drunks and looking after a wife who was obviously very ill.

OK what did I leave behind? One urn, one curry tree seedling and seeds, I do have my one AHB sticker but :lol:

I'll be in Brissy perhaps next week Perry, I'll see if I can collect the gear then.

Great to meet up with all you guys again, it's nice to spend a night with friends

Thanks again Batz

Hope someone takes some photos to incriminate any who couldn't keep up (and to see if a photo can be taken without InCider in it), NickB I'll know not to answer the phone if there are mysterious calls with funny accents :)

Nevermore has ALL the evidence on HD video....OMG....!

560 Posts on a Xmas in July thread - top effort guys!...

Well, I just rang the bastards and none are answering - must be 6:50am there right?

6 hours ago, they were in fine form though Batz got lost for a period. Eventually they found him and whilst his presence was rectified, his speech lagged a long way behind :D

What a pleasure to talk to you guys last night! Sean, Brucey, winkle, Bonj, chappo & Batz (I think it was him), you made my day - thanks a heap for thinking of me! Loved the call though could hardly hear what anyone said :D .

BTW, I haven't slept with Mrs Sqyre for ages so child support on the latest goes to you sorry Sean (InCider).

Happy days,
Pat

I was resting my eyes in the carpark trying not to have Pete run me over...otherwise I would have answered hahaha...

Thanks for the phone call attempt guys , Didn't even hear it ring .. :( was well passed out by 23:30 haha ...

Maybe the next one ...

cheers

I am sorry If I called for sex Ned. My bad!

Many thanks to Winkle for hosting again. Diamond Class event again! :party: :super:

Apologies for Anna for Scoundrel and I murdering Ministy's Jesus Built My Hotrod, The Pogues and.... the Sex Pistols... sorry!

Great to see Baa Bra, The Lukes (troublemakers, who truly have been handed the chalice) Goldy, Batz, stl, Paxx, Daz, Campbell, Nevermore, NickB, TidalPete (thanks for the lift mate), Florian, Dave - good to see the late night Toyboy Brewery CEO!, Sqyre (thanks for the hugs this morning), Bonj, and everyone I have forgotten to mention...sorry but Nick's Mead removed a small portion of the evening! :icon_drunk:
Pat - great to catch up... not sure what we talked about but I love ya! Ned, I'll call earlier next time.

funny-pictures-cat-would-love-another-beer-if-you-are-getting-up.jpg

swap_008.JPG

Very early in the arvo, people next door wondering , praying it not one of THOSE nights at Perry's again

swap_012.JPG

It's looking like it is one of THOSE nights about this time.

swap_014.JPG

Idle chit chat of gibberish, nice to see the Chap again, and his loverly other half

swap_017.JPG

Nice to see Pockets later in the night, going well everyones happy

swap_015.JPG

What could possibly go wrong ?

swap_009.JPG

Oh yes.......... thanks for that you two, only good could come from that hey?

Many thanks Perry and Anna. Once again a great time had with good people good beers and good laughs. :icon_cheers:
Daz

S leigheas na pite l ars

It is the cure of a hangover to drink again!

I'm having a cider now and I can tell you it has corners on it :lol: Will be better once I've finished the 'cure'...

Having a couple myself....oh and found those things I lost.
Thanks to all who supported the Kin Kin Community raffle as well, sold 14 tickets. Top work guys :beerbang:

Awesome night, thanks Perry for hosting & all, hope Anna's not too pissed at us..

Great to see all & meet everyone again beers were bewdiful, have added a few pics from my phone, I think the lens was as bent as I was :lol:

Good to hear you found them Batz & thanks for adding some value to my car with the sticker :p Now we just have to answer the fruit question :ph34r:

006__Large_.JPG

007__Large_.JPG

008__Large_.JPG

009__Large_.JPG

010__Large_.JPG

011__Large_.JPG

012__Large_.JPG

013__Large_.JPG

014__Large_.JPG

Batz, thanks for adding some value to my car with the sticker :p

Pleased to help goldy, I would have liked to stick a few more cars but I'm out of Batz Brewery stickers now :eek:
Just emailed Ward for another run, he my even find a few AHB ones for me. 30 stickers a year goes no where at all

Thanks Perry and everyone else for an absolutely great night as usual, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great bunch of guys you lot are.

After a few swaps I can now see a clear pattern of peoples bed times, I might put some money on a few next time. Glad the cat kept us company 'til the end. Thanks Perry for hosting once again and providing a bed, greatly appreciated. Hope Anna is feeling well again real soon.

Will have a real early one tonight and then hopefully get stuck into the swap beers soon, judging on the beers on tap last night there should be some crackers in there. Sorry to the ones whose taste buds I offended with my Berliner Weisse last night.

Echoing what everyone else has been saying - Brilliant night as always, Perry!

Some awesome beers, great company, and epic wedgies.....

Will try to remember to bring some more mead next time, so things really go off the rails again ;)

Cheers!

Echoing what everyone else has been saying - Brilliant night as always, Perry!

Some awesome beers, great company, and epic wedgies.....

Will try to remember to bring some more mead next time, so things really go off the rails again ;)

Cheers!
+1

That mead was awesome, Nick. I can't remember which yeast you said you used for the first one, but with that much age on it, it was a killer! The K-97 had a nice flavour too, but the first one was dangerously easy to drink!

Also loved Florian's Berliner Wei! 18 hour mash, with no boil.... a lazy man's brew if there ever was one!

Cuve champagne yeast Bonj. It really has smoothed out since I tried it about 2 years ago...... Not sure if I have many bottles left, but I'll definitely save one for the Xmas swap :) Hey, let's face it, how much trouble can a 16% mead really be??? (please tell me, because I can't actually remember!!!)

Cheers!

The mead was ace Nick. Thanks a lot for the chilli and your bargining with Dominos was first class. GG, S/R and myself sat down and drank all the left over beers yesterday instead of cleaning up. Looks like it'll be a long afternoon today :blink: .
Thanks also to Sqyre with his cooking skills and McChainsaw Campbell.

I'd better add scoundrel_rouge to the thanks list for his supply of oysters, good work mate :icon_cheers:
Edit: + Batz with his urn etc, and everyone else who contributed.

+1

That mead was awesome, Nick. I can't remember which yeast you said you used for the first one, but with that much age on it, it was a killer! The K-97 had a nice flavour too, but the first one was dangerously easy to drink!

Also loved Florian's Berliner Wei! 18 hour mash, with no boil.... a lazy man's brew if there ever was one!

That beer will be really interesting in another month.
And thanks for all the fish Bonj (I wonder who else I've forgotten <_< )

Latest posts

Back