Se Qld Case Swap Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd better update;

Jamesons Scotch Ale Loved it! Easy drinking with a nice malt flavour that lingered. The aftertaste was the best bit.

Florians Wheat Florian so far, for me, this has been the best. Great Banana fantastic body! Flavour was awesome.

Winkles Bier De Noel Nice and spicy. A great sipper on a cold night. The spice was just right for me Perry.

NickB AIPA I loved it! Hopped just right with a malt backbone that was there when needed. Great Beer Nick! Florian just beat you to best so far.

I have just received my swap bottles from the July swap (Thanks Bribie :icon_cheers: ) & must say that this will be without a doubt my last swap "experience".
Out of 21 swap bottles sent I have a grand total of 16 returned plus 5 of my original Wee Heavy's & so have missed out on 4 swap beers from other brewers (As they have of mine).

Never, I repeat never, has a swap been so slopply conducted during my involvement in these things over the past 7, 8, 9 years whatever.
You pissheads had better have enjoyed yourselves because your actual running of the swap was utterly deplorable. GGRRRR!
No more swap involvement for this little white duck thank you very much & I'm girding myself for all the negative comments about my worldbeating PeaceandPlenty Wee Heavy. <_<

PS --- & no, I'm NOT a grumpy old *******. I'm a 4 swap beer deprived grumpy old *******. ;)

I have just received my swap bottles from the July swap (Thanks Bribie :icon_cheers: ) & must say that this will be without a doubt my last swap "experience".
Out of 21 swap bottles sent I have a grand total of 16 returned plus 5 of my original Wee Heavy's & so have missed out on 4 swap beers from other brewers (As they have of mine).

Never, I repeat never, has a swap been so slopply conducted during my involvement in these things over the past 7, 8, 9 years whatever.
You pissheads had better have enjoyed yourselves because your actual running of the swap was utterly deplorable. GGRRRR!
No more swap involvement for this little white duck thank you very much & I'm girding myself for all the negative comments about my worldbeating PeaceandPlenty Wee Heavy. <_<

PS --- & no, I'm NOT a grumpy old *******. I'm a 4 swap beer deprived grumpy old *******. ;)

Pete - don't be cranky. There were another 4 swappers pull out and never made it.

You do have all the swap beers that ended up being swapped.

Now Now Pete....

Get into it.... :chug:

(Well, the ones you haven't started drinking yet :D)

Stop insulting me, Pete.

you Call this utterly deplorable?

DSC_0650.JPG

i think you were just looking for an excuse to yet again Show off your collection of war emoticons.
take this One instead:

:icon_chickcheers:

There does need to be a punishment for people dropping out late :angry:

+1

And of course, with Florian at the helm, the swap was done with German Efficiency to the MAX :beer bang:

caning.gif

I think the next one I will have to make en effort and come along (with a case of course!!) still only doing K&Ks but after having a work mate try my stout and go "it certainly doesn't taste like home brew!" it must have some credit :lol:

Geez Pete if thats the performance you give by having your beers returned I am a bit worried about drinking it if it's that bad.

:p Please note i added this emoticon and used my best gramma.

Cheers

Had Snow's Rauch just now.

One word mate - WOW! :beerbang:

Rauchbier is one of my all time favourite styles, and your bottle made me think back to my all-time favourite beer that I ever brewed.... So good.

A deep red with ruby highlights, head that sticks around, smooth smokiness balanced extremely well with the crystal/cara malts in there.... Absolutely delicious mate!

Hoping you've got a few bottles going into the upcoming comps... Think you'll do well!

Cheers

Next up, Rowy's Black IPA.

Huge hit of citrussy hop goodness on first sniff. Black; almost as black as my black heart, but with ruby highlights... ;)

Initial flavour is roasty, coffee, some hop flavour.... but.... lacking bitterness for me. Kinda like a porter in terms of bitterness, but just ignore me, as I've ruined my palate with stupid amounts of hops.... :)

Nice work mate, really enjoying putting this one away :)

Cheers

(Probably) the final for tonight, LiverShank's Spiced Porter....

Dark, brooding, like an evil July Santa (with claws).

Initial aroma is spicy (cinnamon, cloves?) and slightly malty.

Flavour: vanilla, chocolate, lots of spices... Bitterness is there but well balanced. Slightly roasty/chocolatey.

A damn nice beer Joey!

Going down well! Would love the recipe if it hasn't been posted already!

Cheers

(Probably) the final for tonight, LiverShank's Spiced Porter....

Dark, brooding, like an evil July Santa (with claws).

Initial aroma is spicy (cinnamon, cloves?) and slightly malty.

Flavour: vanilla, chocolate, lots of spices... Bitterness is there but well balanced. Slightly roasty/chocolatey.

A damn nice beer Joey!

Going down well! Would love the recipe if it hasn't been posted already!

Cheers

+1
I had mine too cold (and I should know better) :rolleyes:

Thanks Snow, glad you liked it!

Am glad now that I made the effort and didn't serve up one of my dregs kegs ;)

Now I just have to decide what class to put it into for BABBs, Hefeweizen or Roggenbier.
Definately roggenbier. Can't have you competing against my weak as piss heffe... :ph34r:

Cheers - Snow

Well i didn't get a reply in the swap thread. has anyone else got missing beers??? im missing beers fr
om DOS and BribieG...... :(
I'm missing a few - BribieG's and Tidal Pete's

Had Snow's Rauch just now.

One word mate - WOW! :beerbang:

Rauchbier is one of my all time favourite styles, and your bottle made me think back to my all-time favourite beer that I ever brewed.... So good.

A deep red with ruby highlights, head that sticks around, smooth smokiness balanced extremely well with the crystal/cara malts in there.... Absolutely delicious mate!

Hoping you've got a few bottles going into the upcoming comps... Think you'll do well!

Cheers
Thanks mate - kind words coming from a brewer of your calibre. Yes I did keep a few aside for comps. See how we go....

Cheers - Snow.

I'm missing a few - BribieG's and Tidal Pete's
There's an extra BribieG beer at home Snow, I'll check the other left overs to see if there's another TP one.

There's an extra BribieG beer at home Snow, I'll check the other left overs to see if there's another TP one.
LOL - going by the reviews above, you can keep Bribie's :)

I'll be up the street from your place on Saturday morning - will drop by if you have a TP left

LOL - going by the reviews above, you can keep Bribie's :)

I'll be up the street from your place on Saturday morning - will drop by if you have a TP left
I'll be at Craftbrewer's early-ish but should be back around 11.30am.

Back