Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters
And some more....

IMG_3387.jpg
Incider doing what he does best - acting like a complete tool :rolleyes:

IMG_3389.jpg
Nice shot of the taps - most pouring Mrs Sqyre's lovely beers!

IMG_3390.jpg
NickB looking very pleased with himself

IMG_3397.jpg
Me and Pocketbeers having a "man cuddle"

IMG_3398.jpg
Baabara and Frogman discoverd kindred souls with eachother

IMG_3399.jpg
For some, it was just all a bit too much....

Last ones....

IMG_3400.jpg
Winkle in the serving position

IMG_3404.jpg
Mothballs looking laid-back

IMG_3406.jpg
FNQ Bunyip couldn't keep the smile off his dial all night! Must have been the great beer..... or the great... ahem...nevermind B)

IMG_3407.jpg
Sqyre and Mrs Sqyre almost done for the night

Cheers - Snow

Another fantastic night at the Big Green Shed. Huge thanks to Renae and Bruce for putting on such a great event. Thanks to everyone who helped and attended. The beer, the food and the company all top class. Can't wait for the next one.

Cheers
Anthony

....all been said in the previous posts....but thanks again to Bruce & Renae for putting on another brilliant swap.
As usual, fantastic mateship from brewers new & old; we really do have something special up here in Qld that I've not seen anywhere else. Bring on the Summer Swap :party:

cheers Ross

Firstly, a big thank you Mr & Mrs Sqyre for organising and hosting such a top event. The food was fantastic and the beers even better. Also thankyou to Ned for the great Prawns.

Also a big thankyou to all you Blokes (and you too InCider) for making a nOOb feel welcome. It was a great honour and pleasure to be in such great company, wealth of information and comradeship. This definately tops the most memorable nights that I DON"T remember much :p . Thankfully I left with my ass intact and escaped the white hoods with mash paddle initiation.

Cheers and thanks again.

Sully

All I can do is echo the sentiments expressed by all the previous posters. My first time at the big green shed. Many thanks to Bruce & Renae.

Great company, great beers (especially enjoyed your IPA Browndog).

Now able to put faces to names.

Looking forward to many more.

Cheers

What a top day/night. :party:

Thanks to all for an awesome event. :beerbang:

Very big thanks to Bruce and Renae for once again opening their house and lives to all of us.....(and doing most of the work) Your just legends.

PB :beer:

Edit spelling - It was a big night

....all been said in the previous posts....but thanks again to Bruce & Renae for putting on another brilliant swap.
As usual, fantastic mateship from brewers new & old; we really do have something special up here in Qld that I've not seen anywhere else. Bring on the Summer Swap :party:

cheers Ross

How was work today? :p
errr, wasn't what just happened the summer swap :unsure:

Hey guys, I have a confession about last night. It's something I'm not proud of. :ph34r:

Once again thanks to Renae and Bruce for the top notch hosting and organising. Great beer, food and company. Nice to put faces to names. The flight to Rockvegas this afternoon wasnt so enjoyable though.
Cheers to Sully for the lift. Does anyone have any photos of Ross' new walking billboard(aka Jay).

Brad

May as well start it off - is this the right place?

16 Screwtop - Screwys Red Ale, bottled from keg and ready to drink.

May as well start it off - is this the right place?
The wiki might be a good place too, but i'll continue it in here:

18 Bonj - American Pale Ale, bottled from keg and ready to drink. Ignore the label if any :ph34r:

Wiki

edit: I'll get that stinkin' wiki link right eventually

18 Bonj - American Pale Ale, bottled from keg and ready to drink. Ignore the label if any :ph34r:
22 jayandcath - Raspberry Ale, bottle conditioned (4 weeks) and should be good to go

13 NickB - Nelson Lager - Let me sit for a week or three...consume at Xmas or after
18 Bonj - American Pale Ale, bottled from keg and ready to drink
22 jayandcath - Raspberry Ale, bottle conditioned (4 weeks) and should be good to go

Cheers

13 NickB - Nelson Lager - Let me sit for a week or three...consume at Xmas or after
09 kram - Dark Lager, drinkable now but probably should be lagered longer. Also bottle from the keg so hope the carb holds up

Hi Everyone

Hope you all have pulled up ok this evening

I can't believe I'm still awake, after just 2 hours sleep last night!

I too have a few people that I would like to thank

first of all I would like to thank Ned, he was a fantastic help on the day. Getting up at the crack of dawn to help sqyre get the pig on! THANKS NED

I would also like to thank Browndog for the awesome mash paddle.. And screwy for your kind words! Im sorry Im not much of a public speaker, and I wasn't really expecting to be called up. So I apologise for my aweful speech. Sqyre is the funny one in the family.. :lol:

I would also like to thank Stu for bringing the lettuce and carrots and grabbing the oysters, I am spewing I am not aloud to eat them otherise I would have been into them.. YUMM Also a big thanks to everyone who brought nibbles/supplies along.

Also I want to apologise for not getting my swap beers done, I did try to get around to as many of you as I could to explain what had happened. And I know alot of you did try it on tap. And I really appreciate the feedback. I will get a case in the july swap for sure, we just get so busy organising everything its hard to fit everything in.

well thats pretty much it for me, Im sure sqyre will post tomorrow sometime. He and Ned have had a big day today, they spent the day on the banana lounges upstairs trying to polish of the kegs.. :lol:

till next year!
Renae

14 or Smiley face Pocket Beers Aussie Dark Ale (Baa Bra helped brew it) and it was 3 weeks aged on swap day.
09 kram - Dark Lager, drinkable now but probably should be lagered longer. Also bottle from the keg so hope the carb holds up

05 Batz-Pender Creek Ale,Ready to drink now but may need to settle it's bottle conditioned
14 or Smiley face Pocket Beers Aussie Dark Ale (Baa Bra helped brew it) and it was 3 weeks aged on swap day.

BTW, thanks for the addition to the car Batz! :p

Latest posts

Back