CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunous

I Drink VB
Reaction score
So lads, as we spoke about at Mothers Milk, whadda ya's reckon about a brew day, or even just a case swap. Something to get us all together again that involves that wonderful nectar of the gods, beer, and maybe some smoked meat and Jerkey :)

Just thought I'd start this so we can organise dates and what we're doing nice and early.

Lets do both! I'd be keen for a Xmas in July case swap, and a brew day in the next month or two.

Need to figure out how the brew day would work. I can brew pretty much anywhere, but do others need electricity etc? Take over a park/house/Country Brewer?

Happy for people to come to my place for a case swap or brew day, but its a long way, especially for you Grafton peeps. Plenty of space to pitch tents and crashing room inside for a few too though.

Same here, I'm cool to host it here, but it's the other end of the scale, probably to far for u southern peeps. So really, sp0rk, hurry up and buy a farm in coffs :) I do have a big shed, that's powered with concrete floor and tank water. I still haven't even mastered my own brew rig yet though :p

Case swap, brew session with a little smoked meat on the side would make a great Saturday adventure, and really, I've travelled a lot further for a lot less, so I don't really mind where it is.

For dates though, I'm pretty well sweet all month, July racing carnival is always a big one but South Cup is Sunday and Maclean Cup the next Saturday isn't a must, the big days are mid week anyway.

That sounds good specially if its a while away and I can pencil it in the calendar. Couldn't make it to the Sawty meet-young family, Mrs already had a plan. Got a couple of mates who aren't on this site who could be into it too.

Awesome,
Everyone post what dates are good for you during July and we'll narrow it down
I'm Good for the 5th-6th and the 12th-13th
The weekends after that the Mrs is working 3 weeks straight as a carer and will need the car, so if the meet goes up north, I'll need to get a lift with someone
Feel free to start tossing around ideas for what y'all are going to brew for the swap, that way we can avoid people making the same thing
I'm thinking I might make my choc porter, which I spose I should brew soon as it needs a couple of months to age

Ok so we have 5/6th & 12/13th.

I'll be blind drunk that whole week gambling my pay away and pissing the rest of it up the wall :) Although last year I come out well infront after having the week long bender thanx to 2 long shot trifecta's.

So either date is good for me, but probably the 5/6th would be better.

So at the last meeting we talked about doing an Xmas in July case swap, where basically you bring along one slab of your beers (24 bottles) and swap them with others to get a mix of 24 other beers
I'm really keen to get this happening, if you guys want we can do an epic brew day beforehand if you want, or we can just wait until some time in July to meet up and swap beers
Thoughts?
There was also the idea of a beer camp thrown around...

I'll get on to Matt from Country Brewer and Courtney from Mother's Milk to see if they'd be up for participating too

Yeah this would be lots of fun. If someone wants to organise a brew day id be keen, otherwise lets just focus on the Xmas in July.

My place is always an option if people don't mind the extra drive to bello, there is space to crash inside or pitch a tent. Im on 150 acres backing onto national park, so don't have to worry about noise :p

But if the Grafton peeps want to have it up there that is fine, i can make the drive aslong as there is somewhere to sleep.

Im easy, i'd drive to Bello and throw out the swag, or can hold it at my farm 15mins south of Grafton.

Keen for the case swap.

Keen for the Brew Day.

I'm more then happy to come out to Bello :D
I could even bring the smoker along

Mmmmm Hells Yeh.

Dates first I suppose, then go from there.

P.s. Got mods to merge the 2 Xmas in July threads so we are not cluttering our club forum.

How bout we leave 5/6th and 12/13th both open until some of the others make their minds up.

Both are big weekends either way for me, but I'm still young enough to back up ;)

I've just been into Mother's Milk for a few drinks and Courtney said he's up for joining the case swap
Likewise Matt from Country Brewer is in too
So I'm think beer camp would be best reserved for the actual swap
We can order a giant slab of meat and throw it in my smoker
So it would be awesome if we could get a big turnout
If you've got any mates that brew, get them involved
Let me know what you think, gents

I have meat :)

How much freezer burnt venison do you want :p But I seriously have a fair bit of meat. & Freezer burnt venison. I'll bring my Aldi smoker to.

I'll make Stu come, he wont have a choice, i'll even provide the space for his case swap brews :super:

So is this case swap open to all ? Sorry noob here don't want to crash a private party you guys all seem to know each other...

The other thing is WTF is Bello all I can guess is that it is south of Grafton, but shit a lot of things are south of Grafton

Latest posts

Back