CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arghonaut said:
Swappers that i know of:

Me
Shaun
Stu
Sp0rk
eungai
linc
skelly

Ive kept a box of 15 tallies to swap.

Be good to bring a few bottles extra for the non swapping punters to sample :)
Updated swap list

Argonaut
Shaun
Stu
Sp0rk
eungai
linc
skelly
Brew Matt

I was going to offer to bring my keg cooler for anyone bringing a keg, but with how cool it's been the last week or 2, I really don't think we'll need it...
I'm going to try and drop into Mother's Milk this afternoon after work (provided I don't ruin myself at the gym in my lunch break) and have a chat about the brew day
Might make that our next meeting :)

Yeah that'd be cool, did you chat to him?

You have work tomorrow? what time is a good time to pick up the smoker? Ill base the rest of my day around that. My number was in the directions i pm'ed you, give me a call or shoot me an sms.

Doing the final shop in Coffs tomorrow, ill grab the plastic plates, bowls and cutlery, and a bunch of ally baking trays. Going to just do a giant apple crumble for dessert with ice cream and fresh custard. Gravy will be made from some/all of the roasting we are doing.

From the list earlier, people still need to bring camping chairs, drinks, and any additional snacks & condiments if wanted.

I'm at work all tomorrow, but I live exactly 3km from work so I can zip out any time to come help load it up :)
I'll flick you an SMS during my lunch break with address and whatnot

Yeah, I dropped into Mother's Milk for a chat yesterday afternoon
They have a basement type thing under the shop that leads out into their beer garden (that the council were rude enough to say no to being used) that we can brew in, and then ferment in the stainless conical in the shop
Courtney's HLT is a little small, but I guess if I bring mine we should be able to knock out 50L batches
Courtney was saying he'd be up for friday or saturday night brew nights, maybe once a month or so, then have that beer either in bottles or on tap for the next meeting
So I guess maybe fridays for the locals and then every few months we could do a saturday for the out of towners
We were talking about it serving as pilot brews for a possible bigger brew through one of the local micros, we'll see how it pans out :)

sp0rk said:
I'm at work all tomorrow, but I live exactly 3km from work so I can zip out any time to come help load it up :)
I'll flick you an SMS during my lunch break with address and whatnot

Yeah, I dropped into Mother's Milk for a chat yesterday afternoon
They have a basement type thing under the shop that leads out into their beer garden (that the council were rude enough to say no to being used) that we can brew in, and then ferment in the stainless conical in the shop
Courtney's HLT is a little small, but I guess if I bring mine we should be able to knock out 50L batches
Courtney was saying he'd be up for friday or saturday night brew nights, maybe once a month or so, then have that beer either in bottles or on tap for the next meeting
So I guess maybe fridays for the locals and then every few months we could do a saturday for the out of towners
We were talking about it serving as pilot brews for a possible bigger brew through one of the local micros, we'll see how it pans out :)
Nice, that'd be fun. I now have a 150L stainless pot with tap + lid that i could bring too.

Just had a thought, anyone wanting to trade/buy/steal grain in saturday, make sure you bring a container for it.

Does anyone have about 50gm of Saaz I could borrow. I want it for a 15min addition in a Coopers Pale Ale kit. That will get me by untill I get my new tun,kettle & mill stand build.

I don't have any, but if no one has any to offer, I can grab some from Country Brewer and bring it out on saturday if you want

Ducatiboy stu said:
Does anyone have about 50gm of Saaz I could borrow. I want it for a 15min addition in a Coopers Pale Ale kit. That will get me by untill I get my new tun,kettle & mill stand build.
I have Hallertau and Tettnang if you want a sub. Plus PoR, Willamette, Northern Brewer & Cluster. All in excess amounts.

Bought a bunch of plastic plates + cutlery, ally baking trays and 1kg of bello bacon today.

Doing the final grocery shop tomorrow in Coffs.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Really want Saaz.
I will get sp0rk to grab me some.
As in Czech Saaz?

I got some Stu, it's about 3 year old, but always frozen.

EDIT: Sounds like sp0rk got u some.

1. Just to be totally up front and honest, Kyogle bacon is actually tofu that has been processed, shaped, painted and flavoured so it's almost indistinguishable from the real thing. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

1.1 I'll try and organise some local salami and cheese for nibblies, although it sounds as though there will be enough food to sink a battleship.

2. My milk stout is only 8 days old and I'm not 100% happy with the carbonation but I'm bringing it to swap anyways, albeit with a 2 week embargo suggestion. Surely we can drink slightly flat, christmas pudding/sherry flavoured black beer at approx 8-9% abv? Sack up and scull or mix for a great black & tan.

3. What's the overnight temperature doing around Bello? I plan on sleeping outdoors in the swag. Will I need my thermal jammies?

4. We're leaving God's country and heading south at approx 1130 hrs with an ETA of 1600-1700 hrs. We're heading through Grafton-corruption, down the highway, through Coughs, then up Waterfall Way. If anyone needs a lift or carriage of gear, let me know. Space is a bit ltd; probably 1 adult & gear or equivalent in supplies.

4.1 Is there a back way from Grafton down through the bush?

5. A few more members are keen so we've organised a minibus and there'll be about 15 of us rocking up. Party on dudes!!

6. Two of the above points are fiction.

Lincoln2 said:
3. What's the overnight temperature doing around Bello? I plan on sleeping outdoors in the swag. Will I need my thermal jammies?
Been getting down to 4-5 degrees. We had one frost last week.

Room for swags on the floor inside if its too chilly. Got some big fat logs to burn so the fire outside should keep going through the night too.

Im swagging also, and i've stole one off my brother that I will fit in, my 15yr old saddle back swag is getting the flick, no more fetal postions all night long.

Regarding our transport Stu, we are heading to Bello in the Patrol :D Still havnt put it all back together yet, but the tricky bits and rare parts i had to ship in are all here and installed, which leaves me broke as a chip for Grafton July Race Week :(
I have an Engel Fridge and a big esky, i'll sort through my meats and bring a heap, and if its to much, i'll eat it through the week.

I have a carton of Coopers Dr Tims tinnies to bring, should make up for most of us having green beers to swap :)

I'll put my final list of what I am bringing up this arvo, when I start to pack and we'll see where we are at.

And the smoker is picked up :)
Well, we'll be eating now, thanks again Arghonaut for picking it up
Do I still need to grab a carton, or is everyone bringing a couple of things to drink?
I'm a little skint this week, so if I do grab a carton, it's gonna be like hammer & tongs or Tun :p

sp0rk said:
And the smoker is picked up :)
Well, we'll be eating now, thanks again Arghonaut for picking it up
Do I still need to grab a carton, or is everyone bringing a couple of things to drink?
I'm a little skint this week, so if I do grab a carton, it's gonna be like hammer & tongs or Tun :p
I think we should all bring a couple of bottles to share, and skip the hammer & tong :)

I may have a keg of something good to bring, depending on whether the facilities exist to tap it (not sure what type of a keg it is yet).

Latest posts

Back