CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some Hickory smoking chips left, and shitloads of dead Red Gum tree's about, never used it yet, but apparently its the goods. according to this below.

AustralianNativeTimberMatrixforSmokingR26_zps0f1e3b67.jpg

Arghonaut said:
I'll talk to his boss tomorrow and see if they are coming, we work together.

I reckon charcoal roasted is probably the way to go, then we can do it all on Saturday. I'll be pretty busy getting everything else ready, not sure ill have the time/patience to learn how to use a smoker :p I could still pick it up on Friday after dropping my brother in law at the airport if that makes it easier.

Ive got 120 acres of trees and several chainsaws if thats any help for smoking chips, or I can pick up some more in Coffs from TCB if you reckon we will need them.
That'd be awesome if you could grab it Friday, then I'll trek out early saturday and get her on, then come back to Sawtell to check out the chilli fest before we start in the afternoon
I'll flick you my mobile/address and organise the time :)

I get plastic beer cups from the local Wholesaler, and have a heap in the shed already, 50+, i'll bring them with me.

Actually...I have a bag of Ironbark shavings from a saw mill up at Dundarabin.

Ironbark is an awsome smoking wood..

Ok it looks like a lot of different foods have been covered:
I will bring along some fish provided I can catch some (I better not rely on it!)
- a large bowl of coleslaw ( goes well with smoked pork shoulder with BBQ sauce on bread!)
- a tray of lasagne. Will cook it here and it can be eaten cold or warmed in oven

arghonaut- is there a list of things you need people to get to share to love? If so let us know and I will put my name down for some

Shane

I have ordered 6doz flat bread rolls, pick up sat morning. That should give about 2 each

Was talking to Matt from Country Brewer today and he's not sure if He'll still make it out after being broken into on friday
He may or may not come out for a little bit in the evening

Heres what i am aware of, let me know if I've missed anything or got it wrong:

Bringing:
sp0rk: spuds, smoker, hickory, charcoal, pork
Stu: 6 doz Bread rolls, 2x ducks, ironbark
Shaun: Sweet potatoes + some venison or other meat from freezer, plastic beer cups
Skelly: Coleslaw, lasagne, fish if possible
Argho + family: Pizzas, pork leg, 3x pumpkins, potato salad, 1kg superior bacon+ eggs (brekky), 2-3kg sausages, 6x smallish fish fillets, 1/2 a wheel of brie, garlic, (i have half a tonne of russian garlic in my shed, please no-one bring garlic :p)
Linc: Inferior bacon(Brekky)

Things needed:
a chook or two would be good.
Plastic plates + cutlery
If you like soft drinks/juice some of that, not stuff i normally drink :p
Camp chairs: I have rounded up enough chairs for around the dining tables, but need chairs for around the fire.
If you have chooks an extra dozen eggs wouldn't go astray.
Baking Trays. I don't got enough for everything, ill get some of the disposable ally ones if necessary.
Arvo Snacks, I'll be doing half a wheel of garlic brie + pizza, some grapes and carrot sticks, the fish fillets from the smoker + bikkies. Any other snacky goodnesses are welcome.
DESSERT. I can arrange something, or if anyone wants to volunteer let me know.
Condiments... What do we want to go with everything? Does the smoking leave you with drippings for making gravy?

Sleeping Arrangements:

We'll figure this out once all are here, but the options are:

I have a loft space, its a low ceiling (190cm or so at the peak, 45 degree walls), 9m x 5m with a dividing wall about 1/3 of the way down. Its a steep stair/ladder up into it. Theres a queen bed at one end that Brew Matt and his Mrs have claimed. There is a double foam mattress and single airbed in the other end that are unclaimed.

Theres plenty of places for swags in the loft (if the ladder aint an issue) and in the lounge room.

There is one 3 seater and a 2 seater couch in the lounge also. There is a wood heater in a lounge that keeps that area and the loft warm.

Im going to stick my kids in my room, so their rooms are also available, but they are pretty small, 3x3 metres, one with a toddler bed, one with a single bed, and no doors (we are still building :p).

Plus can always pitch a tent.

I will grab some fruit,watermelon,carrots and other stuff for the kids on the way in.

Sleeping... Will bring a matress and sleeping bags for the kids

I will prob be last man standing so will bring something.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I will prob be last man standing so will bring something.
Is that a dare Stu, your on!

Well, just come inside from the freezing cold and have the Nissan mostly back together, well the hard parts like crank sprocket, timing belt etc. waiting on a few more parts, but we're on. Also drank another non primed beer, Yay!

Have we figured out swap numbers yet? Or at least what we should safely be bringing +/- a couple.

Swappers that i know of:

Me
Shaun
Stu
Sp0rk
eungai
linc
skelly

Ive kept a box of 15 tallies to swap.

Be good to bring a few bottles extra for the non swapping punters to sample :)

Arghonaut said:
Swappers that i know of:

Me
Shaun
Stu
Sp0rk
eungai
linc
skelly

Ive kept a box of 15 tallies to swap.

Be good to bring a few bottles extra for the non swapping punters to sample :)
No swap beer.

Have just got my brew mojo back...have yet to brew.

Need grainz...neeeeeed graainz

But..I am going to order some yeast...

Share and share alike my friends..

Ducatiboy stu said:
No swap beer.

Have just got my brew mojo back...have yet to brew.

Need grainz...neeeeeed graainz
Look forward to the 3am brew session where we decide a 100% black malt hallertau IPA is a good idea.

Latest posts

Back