CRABs XMAS in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone be interested in watching/participating in a force carb demonstration?

I have 'mastered' the technique, but feel the result is not satisfactory, and perhaps there may be someone in attendance able to offer some advise.

Ive given it a go using the Ross method a few times, but my regulator is shit and you can't tell what pressure its at once it goes above ~200kpa thanks to a wonky dial. So i usually tend to do a few bursts till it seems about right carb wise. Be keen to see someone else give it a go.

Nowadays i just stick at at around 200kpa for about 24 hours then back to serving pressure and its good to go after a day or two.

In terms of pouring facilities, i have a picnic tap + soda stream with pin lock disconnects, that can be shared with the keg i will have on tap. I have two chest freezers that will be at fridge temps for bottles and/or kegs.

Confirmed numbers are 22 adults 9 kids. There are a couple of other people i have mentioned it to at some point that may or may not turn up :p

Today i picked up a 3.5kg corned beef, a whole chook, and some cheese and biccies, and some basil, ham pepperoni and stuff for pizzas.

So food wise:

sp0rk: spuds, smoker, hickory, charcoal, pork
Stu: 6 doz Bread rolls, 2x ducks, ironbark
Shaun: Sweet potatoes + some venison or other meat from freezer, plastic beer cups
Skelly: Coleslaw, lasagne, fish if possible
Argho + family: Plastic plates + cutlery, Pizzas, corned beef, pork leg, 3x pumpkins, 1kg superior bacon+ eggs (brekky) 6x smallish fish fillets, 1/2 a wheel of brie, blue cheese, aged cheddar, apple crumble, fresh custard, ice-cream, gravy, garlic, (i have half a tonne of russian garlic in my shed, please no-one bring garlic :p)
Linc: Inferior bacon(Brekky) + maybe some local cheese/meats
BrewMatt: Fresh lime pie + potato salad.

I reckon for the numbers we have plenty of food, if bringing anything not mentioned above, make it liquid!

sp0rk i reckon skip the pork you were gonna get and just grab a carton if you can spare the $$.

Sure we've got enough meat?
If we're certain we've got enough grub, I'll grab a carton of Fat Yak or CPA from Dan's then
I'll bring my beer gun and sodastream/regulator setup as well, we can chuck that into one of the chestys
I've done Ross' force carbing method plenty of times, I can give a hand with that :)
I'll bring a couple of bags of chips and some salsa out too (got heaps left from my b'day party the other week)

2 ducks, a chook, corned beef and a leg of pork, probably 10kg there.... plus fish, lasagne and whatever shaunous brings, yeah i reckon we'll be good :D

Mmm....never tried Dr Tims.

Lincoln...if you go up the mountain to Dorrigo, then head down thru Tyringham/Dundarabin/Nymboida you come back thru Grafton. Its a pretty good drive, but there is about 30km of seriously twisty stuff that does not mix well with hangovers

Brew Matt said:
Would anyone be interested in watching/participating in a force carb demonstration?

I have 'mastered' the technique, but feel the result is not satisfactory, and perhaps there may be someone in attendance able to offer some advise.
Im gathering that is not the same as shot gunning a tinnie......

shaunous said:
As in Czech Saaz?

I got some Stu, it's about 3 year old, but always frozen.

EDIT: Sounds like sp0rk got u some.
Ill take some. Its going to only be for a kit..

I will use sporks for a real beer

You can never have to much Saaz

I have managed to pull together enough dining chairs, but still need chairs for outside around the fire. If anyone can bring some that would be excellent, otherwise we will get creative with a chainsaw and some slabs of timber once some of you are here to lend a hand.

How many chainsaw's do we need, I have 4, and whirl em all around like chop sticks :)

But seriously I have a few camp chairs I'll bring, me and Stu should be leaving Grafton at 11am.

Well, just cracked a case swap beer and she's a gusher :( i may have an infection
I'll bring a couple of bottles of my kegged pale ale as well to make up for it

shaunous said:
How many chainsaw's do we need, I have 4, and whirl em all around like chop sticks :)
Excellent, our late night entertainment is sorted :p My trusty magnum and farm boss will keep us out of trouble....assuming i get around to sharpening them.....

ooohhh...A Magnum...

Can we annoy the folk in the next valley at about 11pm....then again at about 6am...

There real loud if the exhuast " accidently" comes off..

Ducatiboy stu said:
ooohhh...A Magnum...

Can we annoy the folk in the next valley at about 11pm....then again at about 6am...

There real loud if the exhuast " accidently" comes off..
If you can do it without my missus coming out and flaying you, sure :p

sp0rk said:
Well, just cracked a case swap beer and she's a gusher :( i may have an infection
sp0rk said:
I am still to bottle mine due to carbonation issues, so plan to have counter pressure filler to bottle some there if you want to bring some empty bottles and do the same.

Well here is my current meat situation, not as much venison as I thought, but let me know before 11am tomorrow if we need more.

500g Venison
1x Frozen Aldi Chook
10x Home Grown Beef Snags
2kg bone in Pork Leg

Approx 8 sweet potatoes

Meat All up;

--Dinner--
2x Ducks
2x Chooks
2kg Pork Leg, Bone in,
Pork Leg (Argho)
1x Pork Roast (sp0rk)
Pizza's
3.5kg Corned Beef
Lasagne
Fish Fillets
??Fish (Shane)

shaunous said:
Well here is my current meat situation, not as much venison as I thought, but let me know before 11am tomorrow if we need more.

500g Venison
1x Frozen Aldi Chook
10x Home Grown Beef Snags
2kg bone in Pork Leg

Approx 8 sweet potatoes
Those will round out the meats nicely , esp the pork leg. Probably don't need the chook but bring it along to cook if you want.

There will probably be enough room for the meat in sp0rks, but we have quite a bit of veg too, wouldn't hurt to bring yours.

Latest posts

Back