Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters

InCider

Swap Whore
Reaction score
Xmas Case Swap. :beer:

December as we all know, is a mad month of in-laws, outlaws, gift swapping and other associated rewards for good deeds done throughout the year.

And as none of us want to miss any time with the outlaws, for this Xmas swap, so I propose a November Swap.
Here are some benefits for us :

It will give us all more dates free of Xmas parties, holidays and regular social life clutter so we can be the Brewerhood again.
Its easy for Xmas in July; lets make it Xmas in November. Live on the edge.
And it gives Pat time to save for the airfare.
And HTFU. :lol:

So here is a poll of dates Saturdays in November that we can commit to well in advance.

Take a date. I know you all do. And dont tell me you dont love it.

PS. Sqyre, its at your house mate. :ph34r:

Starting this early should really allow us to get that post count right up there.

2000+ posts?

FROGMAN....

Hangon, you started this thread. dosen't that mean its at YOUR house... :p

I think setting the swap for around mid November is a good way to minimise clashes with other commitments...
I think about a dozen guys couldnt make it due to work parties, family xmas commitments, and not having the spare cash to travel because of the money hungry xmas.

Setting a date 11 months prior? now thats commitment... and probably not a bad idea...
Instead of guys saying "oh, i cant make it to the swap i have my in-laws flying in from woop-woop..."
it will be " Tell your your damn mother to come the week after, thats Swap Night!" etc. etc.

We will see how the vote goes, probably should have wacked in a "leave it in december" option sean..

Sqyre...

EDIT: P.S. probably should check and see that there isn't any major sporting events on any of those dates.. Grand Final Lawn Bowls could be on and no-one will turn up...
Otherwise everyone could chip in an extra $50 and i could wack a 50" Plazma upstairs.. ;) :lol: (only Joking)

you need a "I dont give a sh!t I'm comin anyway" option

I've voted the 30th as on the 1st November as I'll be hosting a big bash here for my 50th (31st Oct). :party:
All the Qld Brewerhood are invited & i reckon you'll need a good month to recover. :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Ross

I might might finally meet the Ten Taps of Nectar that are oft spoke of... :D

I might might finally meet the Ten Taps of Nectar that are oft spoke of... :D

Will you be able to make it incider, being your birthday as well? I think there are 4 qld brewers sharing the same day - could be a huge night if we all get together... :party:

cheers Ross

I am in for what ever is happening :huh:
Batz

I've voted the 30th as on the 1st November as I'll be hosting a big bash here for my 50th (31st Oct). :party:
All the Qld Brewerhood are invited & i reckon you'll need a good month to recover. :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Ross

Any room for foreigners ??

Cheers Ross

How true, it'll take me at least that long to recover from the Rostoberfest!
Lets just make it the 29th in that case :)
Planning a RIS Ross?

Is that old man going to be sitting on his milk crate near the border...... ??? :huh:

I vote Inciders place, Xmas eve....30 brewers crammed into a tight space watching Incider putting on a goat costume on is going to be worth it...... :lol:

Is that old man going to be sitting on his milk crate near the border...... ??? :huh:

I vote Inciders place, Xmas eve....30 brewers crammed into a tight space watching Incider putting on a goat costume on is going to be worth it...... :lol:

I'll be wearing the goat outfit for days beforehand... stalking...sniffing...planning...

:p

:p
Ill be in this one for F*****G sure definitely.
Cheers Altstart

Oh Ross , shit I don't know how I'm going to get away for a month ....

Will work on attending at least one of these events ...

Cheers

*BUMP*

Thought i might wake this thread up as i stumbled across it while having a look through the site today..
Everyone who submitted thier view on the poll show a trend back towards December.
The last 2 years the swap as been pretty close to the start of the month, 2006 it was the 9th and 2007 it was the 1st.. so i'm thinking we make it easy to remember and plan for by making it traditionally the first week in December...
This year it will be the 6th of December...

any objections? if so you have plenty of time to pospone the wedding... :p

Sqyre.. ;)

OK, just scribbled it down on the girly calendar :)

Latest posts

Back