Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters
Shoot me if required for asking this question, but what IS the problem with plastic bottles? You ferment in plastic right?

Shoot me if required for asking this question, but what IS the problem with plastic bottles? You ferment in plastic right?

Suppose its a bit like BIAB and No-Chill.....it just dont seem right... :ph34r:

What do you ferment in?

I've got no problems putting beer from my plastic fermenter into a plastic bottle.

Ummm Plastic... :ph34r:

Please dont start another issue....we already have enough.... :rolleyes:

Afterall it is a swap meet, not a wrestling match

Yeah I know, i'm not trying to start an issue. I am curious as to the thought process behind it.

I'm just keen to drink some beer at the swap!

it can affect the taste slightly, that about all i heard. how many new people are going to be at their first swap here?

it can affect the taste slightly
That's and old wives tale, and total bollocks. Maybe if you drink directly out of them, but surely no-one does that.

Going to be a few new ones..

Lucky Sqyre bought a 25lt drum of keg lube and a big box of those vets preg testing gloves... :icon_cheers:

Long_Veterinary_Glove.jpg

That's and old wives tale, and total bollocks. Maybe if you drink directly out of them, but surely no-one does that.

I have only ever drank out of a plastic fermenter on regular occasions....for testing purposes only :lol:

ah ok my bad its all i had heard. haven't been at it too long

6. Plastic is the currency of the swap bottles. I know its not right to have beer in plastic, but neither is getting 10 stitches when your mates are still having beers.

My swap beers will be in plastic, but all the others that I bring will be glass...

You do realise though, that one of the newbies will be the Swap BitchTM too. :lol: :icon_chickcheers:

YAY!!! ITS NOT ME THIS TIME!!!

im still lurking boys. uni has just been doing worse things to me this semester than incider did after i passed out at the swap. i havent brewed since before the swap :eek: :eek: , but with a weeks holiday coming up, im thinking that my swap beer will have to be done...

I say we ditch both glass and plastic and submit our beers in shoes this year. whos with me!!!

Lobby OUT!

*crawls back under a rock*

Most of my beers are fermented in glass after no chill in plastic, just to confuse things. :huh:
Don't like beer in plastic bottles, anyway I can't make the swap as the date is very wrong for me, as was the July one so it's not an issue, if I was coming to the swap it would be in glass.
Love it or leave it.

:icon_offtopic:

Any of the Sunny coast locals want a mini swap in glass about that time?

I reckon we piss off the swap all together and everyone has to bring a keg...
You try the beers at the swap, if you like them have some empty bottles on standby with you to take some home to taste again later..

if you dont have kegs bring bottles...
if you dont have bottles bring the fermenter...
who cares... its a meeting of brewing enthusiasts who like to party :icon_chickcheers:

I believe alot of the old hand brewers who know their brewing dont participate in swaps because (and i dont mean to offend) most beers are from inexperianced brewers and 90% of the beers are "ordinary". Most of mine are "ordinary" (check the bottom of the QABC list :lol: )

BUT, the inexperianced brewers are keen as mustard to get their hands on good brews to find out how things should taste...
So why not make it easy and let those who want to take samples home from the swap can fill up and take them...

And the more experianced brewers still get to try all the experianced and inexperianced brewers beers on the night and take home the "special" ones that capture their fancies...

It saves the older brewers from trying 24 different beers to find 1 maybe 2 "really good ones"
And it also saves the newbies from trying 24 different beers and thinking "sh*t.. which ones are the "to style" ones and which are the... whatever's...

Maybe like a buyers market.... you have samples to try and if you like it, you grab a bottle off the brewer who has a case of take home bottles ready?
if people are worried about loosing bottles, everyone brings empties to trade in exchange..

Its just a thought... but it kinda makes sence...well it does to me.. i think.. <_< what was this thread about again? :unsure:

Sqyre...

EDIT: and if you go to the trouble to bring a case of beers to give as samplers.. its pretty much guaranteed its gunna be your Best beer you believe you have ever brewed.
cause lets face it.. most of us that hate bottling for the swap... well i do...

(sh*t this looks like a PistolPat Post..)

What a great idea Sqyre ;) .

Could strap a keg on the back of the motorbike and not find someone to bring my case down [if was going that is] :lol:
Now that would draw the boys in blue, Hog with keg. :D

What a great idea Sqyre

Could strap a keg on the back of the motorbike and not find someone to bring my case down [if was going that is] :lol:
Now that would draw the boys in blue, Hog with keg. :D

I can't believe you started such a petty argument Pete!

If we go this way TP will have a gripe about the chromium content of the stainless used in the kegs :ph34r:

InCider :lol:

What a great idea Sqyre .

Now that would draw the boys in blue, Hog with keg.

a hog with a keg? you'll be cruising ( :D )

spare a thought for me trying to strap one to my GPX250...

Lobby

P.S. i think i might have been a bit generic with my shoe suggestion before; some brewers might be a bit peeved to give away a high heel and get back a 25 year old jogger. and imagine if a steel cap was over primed!! :blink: so i say we put our beer into dunlop volleys. their cheap, plentiful in supply and that way incider has a choice of shoes to wear to his next formal outing. :D

Lobby

if I was coming to the swap it would be in glass.
Love it or leave it.

Any of the Sunny coast locals want a mini swap in glass about that time?

Love it!
And we would not care a tinkers cuss if someone rejected one either ! :party:

And yes I'll be in a Sunny Glass Swap Bob. (Good things come in glass)

Man this get them going :super:

Batz

Love it!
And we would not care a tinkers cuss if someone rejected one either ! :party:

And yes I'll be in a Sunny Glass Swap Bob. (Good things come in glass)

Man this get them going :super:

Batz

I'm in too. But no cordial from me.

InCider.

Well ok then Kegs it is, but let's decide now what type of keg, cos I don't want any more arguments over the type of container. I for one will only swap kegs with brewers who have Cornies, no Firestone's or Spartanbergs thanks, oh and none of those lids with the lever type relief valve :angry:

Latest posts

Back