Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters
(watch that bloke at the border with the shotgun)

Traded in the shottie last month for this little beauty --- Too many wetbacks slipping past whilst I reloaded.
big-missiles.gif

TP :beer:

Traded in the shottie last month for this little beauty --- Too many wetbacks slipping past whilst I reloaded.
big-missiles.gif

rapid fire!

You southerners, may want to slip in via NT. That rocket launcher looks like it means business!

I will be driving Inciders car straight past him....he wont catch me... :D

jalopy_pedal_car_pink.jpg

The 2008 SE Queensland Christmas Case is organised by all of us. It is a Brewerhood sponsored event and is organised by consensus. You make the rules. We do this each year because we like to defile new members, enjoy the good food and mateship while tasting what other brewers are making. It is a competition. We even have prizes for the best label! The idea is that you brew the best beer you can with your current skills and equipment and share them with your fellow brewers. Your fellow brewers will make an effort to give you some feedback unless they are hindered by Jyes double hopback and wont be able to give feedback until their taste buds return. And that could be at the Xmas in July Swap. :party:

The rules are:

1. Let n be the number of participants. Let B be the number of longnecks of beer you contribute.
2. let n = Nurofen and B = Berocca who wants algebra at a swap?
3. Bring as many tallies as there are swap participants then add one. Thats how many you bring.
4. Bring them in legally acquired milk crate type storage.
5. Beers must be swapped early in the afternoon before any initiations. Why? Its just easier.
6. Plastic is the currency of the swap bottles. I know its not right to have beer in plastic, but neither is getting 10 stitches when your mates are still having beers.
7. Last man or woman standing has Baa Bra for the night.
8. All beers must be labeled. Use your number! mine is the one with without a number is too hard.
9. Bring charcoal tablets. If you need to ask why? Google it.
10. We make beer and long discussion threads. We all want to know what were eating, and whom the new Brewerhood members are like. Feel free to post like its your last day on earth. Hell, post about beer if you want to!
11. If you are going to be a welching, no-good scoundrel and pull out of the swap, do it with as much notice as possible. We all have commitments that stop us getting it all together, so we know it happens.
12. No, you cant offend any of us. HTFU!

6. Plastic is the currency of the swap bottles. I know its not right to have beer in plastic, but neither is getting 10 stitches when your mates are still having beers.

Real brewers don't have to\need to use plastic bottles. <_<
If you feel that you can't trust a brewer's glass bottled beers then don't accept them (they are numbered after all).
Do any of the other swaps down south refuse to accept glass?? Just interested.
Stirring the pudding as usual. :)

Not this again. :angry: Alright.... anyone in the swap that intends on using glass speak up now. If anyone decides to break the already agreed convention of using plastic, not only will I not accept glass, I will not be contributing to that person's box. Simple as that. We have covered this already and for me it is not negotiable.

Not this again. :angry: Alright.... anyone in the swap that intends on using glass speak up now. If anyone decides to break the already agreed convention of using plastic, not only will I not accept glass, I will not be contributing to that person's box. Simple as that. We have covered this already and for me it is not negotiable.

That is your right as it is for every individual in the swap to decide Bonj. I am only uttering my thoughts here. I suppose as I am not in the swap I should not be commenting on this & I apologise.
A lot of good brewers do not participate in swaps any more. :( Ever wonder why?

DONT make him ANGRY, You wont like him when he's Angry... :(
INCREDIBLE_BONJ.jpg

Sqyre... :p

They only reason I am providing plastic is because I provided glass at the first 2 swaps and got bloody plastic in return, never to see my beautiful pick-axe XXXX vintage bottles again :( . So now I provide plastic for the swaps. If someone wants to give me their case swap beer in glass bottles, then as long as they're at least 700ml in size, I don't give a rat's arse. I'll just wear gloves and safety glasses when carry or I open them, and I won't store them in my living room :lol:

Oh, and point number 8 is really important. The logistics of the swap are hard enough on the day without two blokes turning up with un-numbered labels.

Cheers - Snow

ps - you won't get a charcoal tablet within cooee of me for the swap meet - my missus makes me eat enough of them at home without being forced to withold my (in)natural gaseous emissions by you deviants! B)

"....Mild mannered Bonj Banner, affected by already agreed conventions in a brewing experiment gone wrong, is angered by banjo-picking border patrollers who don't know better.....and the result is not pretty..."

"....Mild mannered Bonj Banner, affected by already agreed conventions in a brewing experiment gone wrong, is angered by banjo-picking border patrollers who don't know better.....and the result is not pretty..."

Grrrrr! I'm ready right now. :p

superman-239.gif

VERSUS

super-hero.gif

:huh: Houston, we have a problem........

Sorry mate. I don't put my beer in plastic for anyone .

:huh: Houston, we have a problem........
Sorry mate. I don't put my beer in plastic for anyone .
I was planning on donating a couple of Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale, for a taste on the day, via Waynes Private Jet.
But they are already packaged in glass. These were to be consumed on the day. Please let me know if you would prefer these 750ml Coopers glass bottles to stay in SA. (where the bottles are now worth 10 cents on the open market). :D

We're not talking about the samples here, just the actual swap bottles.

I was planning on donating a couple of Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale, for a taste on the day, via Waynes Private Jet.
But they are already packaged in glass. These were to be consumed on the day. Please let me know if you would prefer these 750ml Coopers glass bottles to stay in SA. (where the bottles are now worth 10 cents on the open market). :D

All tastings in glass are normally held in Sqyre's old thunderbox 200 metres or so down the back with all participants\spectators wearing kelvar vests & headgear. :ph34r:

Maybe we'll have to tie Bonj down and make him drink everything in glass on the day?

Latest posts

Back