Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters
That is your right as it is for every individual in the swap to decide Bonj. I am only uttering my thoughts here. I suppose as I am not in the swap I should not be commenting on this & I apologise.
A lot of good brewers do not participate in swaps any more. :( Ever wonder why?

TP :beer:

It was your idea to go plastic in the first place :huh:

Batz

I hope you're hungry TP, that's a damn big humble pie :)

I don't give a shit, let me know what the democratic decision dictates, plastic or glass, so far it's plastic. Beer drinking life's too short for such crap.

I have no problems with glass bottles if it's bottled from a keg. I don't mind putting mine in plastic.

hrmm well i think ill be bringing a collection of plastic and glass. but not in the swap so it's all good? cool hrmm need to find some tallies though only got stubbies >>

hrmm well i think ill be bringing a collection of plastic and glass. but not in the swap so it's all good? cool hrmm need to find some tallies though only got tubbies >>

Don't think it'll matter what size your bottles are if you're not in the swap mate, won't matter to me anyway :lol:

true enough. ill be whorring my brew of course :p

So... how many sheep am I required to bring? Should they be fed sedatives before arrival? Do they need to be healthy?

We've got the sheep covered mate..... some of us now have a hankering for the 'chicks'.....ahem...... Only 50 pages from last XMAS to browse fellas..... Who will be this year's swap BITCH...Tiara up for grabs ladies....... .......... .......... :p

Some of you swap VIRGINS certainly should be worried. At least bring a drop sheet fellas....can't be messing up the floor of the shed FFS..... At least get InCider to lay under you to catch the Man Dregs...

Muhahahahahahahaha....

:p

Not this again. :angry: Alright.... anyone in the swap that intends on using glass speak up now. If anyone decides to break the already agreed convention of using plastic, not only will I not accept glass, I will not be contributing to that person's box. Simple as that. We have covered this already and for me it is not negotiable.

Perhaps only in those stainless/aluminum bottles mentioned it another thread Bonj

Hides under the desk :lol:

Batz

Well I am a Glass man, and so far I have NEVER had a bottle bomb. I can understand the concern with virgin brewers, but what about those that have brewed for years without issue....

I dont see why I should have to go and buy a box of plastic when I have more than enough Coopers crown seals... :angry:

Looks like I will have a spare bottle, and one less to take home...

The only issue we had last year was sending a case to Ned, and that was purely understandable, but having said that I had sent cases of glass bottles in the post/courier without any problems...

Well I am a Glass man, and so far I have NEVER had a bottle bomb. I can understand the concern with virgin brewers, but what about those that have brewed for years without issue....

I dont see why I should have to go and buy a box of plastic when I have more than enough Coopers crown seals... :angry:

Looks like I will have a spare bottle, and one less to take home...

The only issue we had last year was sending a case to Ned, and that was purely understandable, but having said that I had sent cases of glass bottles in the post/courier without any problems...

Jeez, I don't know why this has suddenly become an issue. It was agreed way back when that because some people were using glass and some were using plastic and the blokes using glass were getting pissed at loosing their glass bottles and getting plastic in return that we would ALL go plastic. What is the issue? HTFU you glass only men. Remember when Pat cut his hand open doing the swap at Sqyres place !! I don't want to see that happen again.

cheers

Browndog

I am not worried about getting a plastic in return, and I do remember some having a whinge about getting plastic...

There is a point to be made that when the bottle's are being sorted that it is easy to drop a bottle, especially due to a few beers and lots of excitement...

I suppose WE are going to have to get this sorted as I can see that there will be some unhappy campers, which is definatly not in the spirit of the swap....

I am happy to go plastic, if we all go plastic, but I dont want to see a situation that people pull out because glass wont be accepted.

Although I am a glass man...I might sit on this and see what the discussion brings, then decide which way to go...

It has been decided that all swap beers will be in plastic.

Baabra doesnt like glass, the smallest prick will make her pop.

Seriously, has anyone heard from Lobsta??

He's been very quiet.

Sheepish?

Incarcerated?

"The pincers you have used to type on this keyboard, are too fat."

Seriously, has anyone heard from Lobsta??

He's been very quiet.

Sheepish?

Incarcerated?
Should be catching up with him at BABBs tomorrow night.

- Snow

Lobby could be busy with uni ATM.

Now I've got a bunch of plastic bottles I'm going to use them. :angry:

Latest posts

Back