Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters
Well I have decided to bring my beer in a bucket, and then everyone can bring there own container, (glass/plastic/steel/ceramic) and I will use a ladel to fill the vessel.

The bucket will be enamaled steel so as not to offend either party. :)

How ya gonna get the bucket all the way up here without spillin it, you'll have to walk. Be knucking fackered by the time you get to Beauy mate.

I'm bringing mine in my back pocket or maybe shoved down the front...
funny_634.jpg

This is not serious stuff,or is it? We make beer WE/I/ME like, end of story [or it just me?
Keep the posts coming here, can't stop laughing.........No,Stop it I am getting a cramp :lol: .

Jay, you in the Sunny Coast "glass swap"? :party: P$ssing myself laughing.

You have to admit it's been a hoot,and we have had some good bites !

cartoon.gif

So glass it is then? :lol: :lol:

Batz

This is not serious stuff,or is it? We make beer WE/I/ME like, end of story [or it just me? <_< ].
Keep the posts coming here, can't stop laughing.........No,Stop it I am getting a cramp :lol: .

:icon_offtopic:

Jay, you in the Sunny Coast "glass swap"? :party: P$ssing myself laughing.

Yes mate I'll be keen for a session, maybe we need to start a new thread.
I need to get the brew rig running, quick smart.

Jay

What the CaseSwap world needs is Glass bottle externally coated in a durable plastic coating so that in the event of a dropage or a detonation all the glass is contained within....
and maybe we could end this tragic war once and for all... :(

The early egyptians had the same idea and made this similar device but wrapped it in steel...
View attachment 21382
But they all decided it was much more fun to make big triangles out of stones....
so the idea was lost forever...

Untill i found it again on Ebay.... :unsure:

Sqyre... :huh:

let me tell you its no fun at after a massive night taking someone to a hospital because they tried to fit 5 whipped cream bulbs in one of those exact things and the glass shatters into a billion fragments in the poor guys legs. They only ever take 4 max ;)

I reckon we piss off the swap all together and everyone has to bring a keg...
You try the beers at the swap, if you like them have some empty bottles on standby with you to take some home to taste again later..

if you dont have kegs bring bottles...
if you dont have bottles bring the fermenter...
who cares... its a meeting of brewing enthusiasts who like to party :icon_chickcheers:

I believe alot of the old hand brewers who know their brewing dont participate in swaps because (and i dont mean to offend) most beers are from inexperianced brewers and 90% of the beers are "ordinary". Most of mine are "ordinary" (check the bottom of the QABC list )

BUT, the inexperianced brewers are keen as mustard to get their hands on good brews to find out how things should taste...
So why not make it easy and let those who want to take samples home from the swap can fill up and take them...

And the more experianced brewers still get to try all the experianced and inexperianced brewers beers on the night and take home the "special" ones that capture their fancies...

It saves the older brewers from trying 24 different beers to find 1 maybe 2 "really good ones"
And it also saves the newbies from trying 24 different beers and thinking "sh*t.. which ones are the "to style" ones and which are the... whatever's...

Maybe like a buyers market.... you have samples to try and if you like it, you grab a bottle off the brewer who has a case of take home bottles ready?
if people are worried about loosing bottles, everyone brings empties to trade in exchange..

Its just a thought... but it kinda makes sence...well it does to me.. i think.. what was this thread about again? :unsure:

Sqyre...

EDIT: and if you go to the trouble to bring a case of beers to give as samplers.. its pretty much guaranteed its gunna be your Best beer you believe you have ever brewed.
cause lets face it.. most of us that hate bottling for the swap... well i do...

(sh*t this looks like a PistolPat Post..)

I know what you're saying Sqyre, and this was the case a few years ago, which is why I didn't participate last year. But...... I have to admit the quality of the July swap really surprised me. There was really only 2 beers in the swap that I would not have been happy with if I had brewed (no, I won't say who's they were...). So I am happy to be in the swap for the x-mas case this year, whether it be in glass, plastic or footwear.

:ph34r: flame suit on...... maybe we should just do a whole keg swap....? Beats bottling...doesn't break.....same materials (if they're all ball lock cornies)...takes up less space.

Cheers - Snow

<edit> just noticed this discussion has been resolved.... that'll teach me for not checking what page of posts I am responding to! :lol:

How ya gonna get the bucket all the way up here without spillin it, you'll have to walk. Be knucking fackered by the time you get to Beauy mate.

Just going to cover the top in glad wrap and a lacky band :icon_cheers:

No need to go to the expense of glad wrap - use an old t-shirt. :icon_cheers:

I reacon you blokes are just showin off with ya flash plastic tableware, just bring it in the fermenter.
It's plastic and fairly breakage resistant
It has a lid and spillages will be kept to a minumum
It has a tap for easy dispencing
Incider and Bulp can show us how its done :D

Jay

Nah i don't drink out of fermenters anymore i have progressed to boil kettles cut out the middleman i say let my guts do all the fermenting . :icon_cheers:

I reacon you blokes are just showin off with ya flash plastic tableware, just bring it in the fermenter.
It's plastic and fairly breakage resistant
It has a lid and spillages will be kept to a minumum
It has a tap for easy dispencing
Incider and Bulp can show us how its done :D

Jay

No chill
No carb
No temp control
No glass

guys, quick, we've dropped out of the latest 15 threads... somebody do something... umm... arr... NO PIG ON A SPIT!!! ITS OFFENSIVE TO JEWS AND HELEN CLARKE!

Phew, that was a close one...

Lobby

I hope the spit isn't made out of that Alzheimer's-causing Aluminium.

I hope the spit isn't made out of that Alzheimer's-causing Aluminium.

mate, i think that if Alzheimers is all the brain damage that results from one of the QLD case swaps then that will be a good thing...

of course, some of us have a headstart in that regard...

:p

Luv ya Incider

Lobby

Latest posts

Back