Queensland Xmas Swap 2010 @ the BatCave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope youse all had a top day/night guys and gals....

As per usual work and family commitments got in the way of this awesome event........

Finally having a beer now to celebrate..

:icon_cheers: CB

not one post from the event , ?? no body hacked batz's account ???

good morning brewers ... trust you all had a ball ..

come on time to load a few pics ...

cheers

Hows your heads Fella's? :p

Hope there is not too much of :icon_vomit: going on..

Sqyre.. ;)

Did Florian get there on my electric bike? Tell him his BMW is still in my garage. :huh:

not one post from the event , ?? no body hacked batz's account ???

cheers

Must have been the most lame event in Xmas swap history. Probably all sat around the fire singing Kum-By-Yah and drinking hot cocoa before going to bed

Well since I need to HTFU and not pull out of the Qld Xmax Swap next time; I though would try the xmas present I was going to take.

14112010050.jpg

and how does it taste?

14112010053.jpg

Sorry to Batz, AndrewQld who I was supposed to be taking, and everyone for pulling out like a little girl. I will be there next time!

QldKev

What a great night !

Thanks to all for making it such a cracker of a swap, fantastic company, fantastic beers, and a shit load of fun.
We have a few lost and founds here, ladies (or Seans) shoes, a chair, cooler bag, cap, several stubbies coolers, Fosters glass.

I hope I can get the place cleaned up before next Xmas swap :lol:

Batz

What a great night !

Thanks to all for making it such a cracker of a swap, fantastic company, fantastic beers, and a shit load of fun.
We have a few lost and founds here, ladies (or Seans) shoes, a chair, cooler bag, cap, several stubbies coolers, Fosters glass.

I hope I can get the place cleaned up before next Xmas swap :lol:

Batz

What a night! Thanks Batz & Julie again. You Kin Kin folks know how to party! :super:

Thanks Shed for dropping me home too - smuggling horse manure out of Kin Kin at the same time!

Great to see all the brewers again, what a top bunch you all are!

And Batz...can I get my shoes posted? :p

Thanks to Batz and Julie for hosting a fantastic event. FNQ Bunyip will be pleased to hear that Batz's rooster picked up where he left off and started crowing at 02:20 in the morning.

Great to meet the new guys, Scot, Shed101 and a few others whose names elude me... I have a memory like a sieve, and beer doesn't help. Great beers were had. Highlights were Batz's Bitter from the hand pump, Screwy's Alt (and not just because it gave good head) and InCider shocked everyone by bringing a keg!

Thanks for a great night guys and girls!

Thanks Shed for dropping me home too - smuggling horse manure out of Kin Kin at the same time!
That reminds me of the funniest sign I saw between Pomona and Kin Kin:
"Please Drive
-----> In ----->
Horse Manure"

Why they wanted people to drive in horse manure, I'll never know! :lol:

Thanks to everyone for a great night especially Batz and Julie for their exellent hospitality.off to have a little lie down for a while

Yep, Batz and Julie did it in top style again, thanks to you both. Loved Batz new toy, hand pumped beer was great. Great beers and fellowship. And those locals, told one lady that the wife has lots of rellies living around there................. yep, it was her cousin :rolleyes:

Merc's goat and red wine ragu went down well. Beer of the night for me was Nicks Dark Mild. Wish I had bought more of the Chilli Coconut Porter along.

Screwy

Thanks to Batz and Julie for putting on a great party, thanks to everybody else for making me feel welcome and having some excellent beers and grub lined up.

Batz Bitter was fantastic but my favourite was Sav's APA, very nice!

Scott

Great turnout! I really enjoyed myself. Plenty of laughs and the food, beer and company were all tops. Some good brewing tips and info was shared too.
Thank you to Batz and Julie for your hospitality in such a beautiful place.
Daz

Oh! and , Thanks to Stillscotish for the pipes. :super:

Big thanks to Batz and Julie for hosting another fine event. Great to catch up with all the old hands, the newbies, and those I haven't met before.

Awesome food, awesome beers, and an awesome night all around.

Cheers

PS: Now, please no nut-punching next time...........:ph34r:

Thanks Batz and Julie for a blast (and the rest of Kin Kin).
Got home intact after wisely avoiding SCB (next time Greg).
Currently rather knackered......

Edit: I've got your beers Scruffy B)

Well it really is against my nature to say nice things about people unless they really deserve it.

So I won't.

... but seriously, what a lovely bunch of people. Particularly to Batz and Julie for graciously letting us misbehave and then refusing help to clean up.

Not the bunch of reprobates I was expecting after spending too much time on here :lol:

I honestly can't remember a great deal about last night, I was still recovering from spending all that time in the car with InCider on the way to Gin-Kin-Gin-Kin.

Brilliant handpump action Batz - made my year.

Love the crazy Poirot Belgian and the Gueuze, and the APA, and the DM and the Oktoberfest and the Bitter and the ... and the ... and the... and the...

Can't wait to tuck into some of the swapped beers.

I was barely able to operate my camera last night so the photos are a bit average, but anyway.

5173916250_218a4dcd3b.jpg

5173916620_f45c50c99a.jpg

5173313323_b1dbe58910.jpg

5173918488_21ebb0406c.jpg

Things were looking better in the morning ... the view from my 'bedroom' window:

5173314791_d8dccf6975.jpg

Then I went for a little wander to stretch the legs - George was lurking around!

5173315925_40d56b84f4.jpg

Och!!! I nearly forgot this one.

5173917198_afc3cdbb06.jpg

What a great night, thanks so much Batz and Julie for putting this on!

Also thanks to everyone who's beers I drank, am going home with a few inspirations for upcoming brews. Loved Batz' Oktoberfest, which was gone way too early. I also really enjoyed Screwy's goat and all the lovely pizzas.
Good catching up with everyone who I hadn't seen since the last swap, and also the ones I hadn't met yet, like Screwy, Andrew and Shed.
It's good to know such a great bunch of people who are able to pull off these events. Looking forward to the next one already!

Off for a little snoozie now, and then looking forward to get stuck into the swap beers.

Bribie, will take your bottles to the next BABBs in exchange for Bertie...

Thanks for a great night Batz and Julie, it was great to see some of the old familiar faces and to meet some new ones as well and the food was awesome.

Andrew

Florian wins the last man up award (lying prone on the concrete floor doesn't count Campbell).
That beer pump was wonderful Batz, as was the Alt(s) and Octoberfest.
Inciders' snakey moment was bloody funny :D .
Onya for organising the swap Pete.
Well done all round :beer:

Latest posts

Back