2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure you've got me confused for someone else, or at least I don't remember falling asleep... :icon_drunk:
I think that would be Brett - went hard, then went to sleep, but got a second wind! At least he didn't end up written on like the Mayor did.

Cheers to the Hatchys for a great night. Glad to see some familiar faces and some new ones. So many good beers it's no wonder the Mildura boys ended up returning several times during the night. As labelled, my swap beer is ready to drink (CPBF) but don't drink it too cold. First one to crack open a swap beer should start the tasting thread. Oh, and Awesome Guy - we found your extra swap beer in the freezer... I think the comment around midnight was "we should have one of these - it's two days old, and warm, but f**k it - let's drink it!".

Special thanks to all those who provided food and/or drinks. The jerky was fantastic and the late-night yiros really hit the spot. Phil's randall was exceptional.

I don't envy anyone who ate the chicken and some hops - you're in for a strange day today. :eek:

To all those who couldn't make it - no excuses for the mid-year swap!

Guys / Gals

My apologies for not making the Adelaide & Mildura Case Swap. As with most swaps the more that are there the less you notice about those that don't show. By the looks of it it turned out tops. It was always going to be a battle to get away for another Saturday night especially after the big three nights the Barossa lads and I had the previous week in Melbourne. Was almost on my way though until some mates turned up and as we do here in country Barossa, the wine, cheese and small goods appeared. Will be looking out for the next swap with interest.

Cheers & good brewing to all, now back to the red :beer:

Back Yard Brewer

BYB,
You were talked about, not as much as the Pink Appendage though. :ph34r:

Yep, I left that home last week, airport security do give funny looks especially when it falls into the wrong luggage. It is tucked away though for another day ;)

BYB

I think that would be Brett - went hard, then went to sleep, but got a second wind! At least he didn't end up written on like the Mayor did.

Cheers to the Hatchys for a great night. Glad to see some familiar faces and some new ones. So many good beers it's no wonder the Mildura boys ended up returning several times during the night. As labelled, my swap beer is ready to drink (CPBF) but don't drink it too cold. First one to crack open a swap beer should start the tasting thread. Oh, and Awesome Guy - we found your extra swap beer in the freezer... I think the comment around midnight was "we should have one of these - it's two days old, and warm, but f**k it - let's drink it!".

Special thanks to all those who provided food and/or drinks. The jerky was fantastic and the late-night yiros really hit the spot. Phil's randall was exceptional.

I don't envy anyone who ate the chicken and some hops - you're in for a strange day today. :eek:

To all those who couldn't make it - no excuses for the mid-year swap!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I totally forgot about putting that bottle in the freezer.. we just got home and i realised we were short one bottle. I was confused as hell! hahahaha

Was a great night. good to meet all you boys and have a good drink. Thanks Hatchy, n mrs hatchy, you put on one hell of a party!!

Definately know exactly were hatchy lives now.. hahahaha

all good fun. hopefully next swap i'll have heaps more beers to bring..

oh and i just started getting sober as we drove in to mildura... fixed now.. back on the beers!

some photos.

dont know how to post the properly..lol

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

as you can tell the first few are fine.. few beers later.. and it's just a blurr!

great night guys!

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

BTW, i guess i should explain my beers a little.

i just bottled it 3 days ago.. so give it a few weeks.

it's an amber ale with cascade hops.. and about 5 ground chilli's went into the boil..
i couldnt taste any chilli, but i've brewed this be for and you kinda get some pot luck, some glasses are chilli as, some not so much.

I'll let you know when I think it's ready..

cheers,
Awesome

Hi, My case swap beer is ready to drink, carbonation may be a little high(Simarillo Ale) :icon_cheers:

Cheers to Hatchy and Hatchy's first wife and ex girlfriend for a great night.

My top 3 beers for the night was Hatchy/Kieren's American Amber, Nige's Black IPA and Phil's 16 floor drop.

Luckly I did not go to crazy with Smurto's Ring Burner Chicken, so not too much pain today. Looking forward to the next gathering.

Also good to see Dan's 2 girls with 'We're here for Beer' tattoos, from Wyeast at ANHC.

Also a special thanks to the Mayor of Mildura and Awesome Fury for their trip down from Mildura. Just a tip for next time guys, you can't just order a cab and say 'I'm in Adelaide, and I need a lift back to my room', they need more detail. I hope you managed a few hours sleep before the trip home.

Thanks also to Kieren for traveling 4 hours from the opposite direction.

Hatchy, just remembered I left my esky behind that the food was in. It's a newish Blue Willow, if you open it it will probably smell like Yiros meat. It should be empty, so will grab it one day soon.

That was a great night.

Thanks to the Hatch's for their hospitality!

I presume there are no more rope/Denton jokes... :lol:

Highlights for me included the great beers on tap, meeting some great new brewers and catching up with familiar faces also, the ring burner chicken (wow hot as!), and seeing brewers trying to smoke hops... :eek: :excl:

My beer (janet's brown ale) needs 4 weeks to bottle condition prior to consumption.

We don't have enough rope here since you left mate.

I'm not sure about "trying" to smoke hops, I thought they smoked up pretty well.

We should get together for beers more often, maybe a group brewday even. I'm glad I didn't end up brewing last night, that was never going to be a good idea after smoking all those hops.

I'm glad I didn't end up brewing last night, that was never going to be a good idea after smoking all those hops.

WTF!??

Please explain :blink:

Good times had by all by the looks of it! Spewing I missed it, reading thru the thread is telling me there may be a mid year swap?? Correct??

WTF!??

Please explain :blink:

Good times had by all by the looks of it! Spewing I missed it, reading thru the thread is telling me there may be a mid year swap?? Correct??
I'd say that is a definite yes.
From the talk last night there will also be a good few get togethers in the meantime.
Cheers
Nige

I'd say that is a definite yes.
From the talk last night there will also be a good few get togethers in the meantime.
Cheers
Nige

Excellent. Hope I get more organised, get the time off and of course, catch the swap thread, before it fills up!

Cheers

Tyler

16 Story Drop

95% Vienna
5% Medium Crystal

Mash at 66 (but 67 wouldn't hurt)

1.67 g/l each of Galaxy and Pacific Gem added throughout boil (60 mins onwards) - so for a 23 litre batch you would mix about 38 grams of both galaxy and pacific gem and make a small addition every minute. These ones are pretty high in alpha acid, so I would restrain yourself from going heavy handed in the beginning of the boil, 25 mins until flameout and onwards on the other hand...
2 g/l each of Galaxy and Pacific Gem at flameout.

Pacman. However, 1187 would be another great one.

Latest posts

Back