2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped off my keg fridge last night. Will have two beers on tap - a pale ale that treads lightly on ipa territory that will have a quick bath in some riwaka before heading to the tap as well as a easy drinking Anzac pale weighing in around the 4% mark, with maybe a little too generous helping of riwaka and galaxy - I'm sure any of ewes who went to anhc are galaxy-d out.

Cheers
Phil

I'll put my hand up for a crate or 2 of longnecks. Seems i too have been giving them away faster than i have been stockpiling. I hope i have enough for tomorrow or people might end up with stubbies.....

Bring a jacket as well, forecast is for a late change with a possible drop or 2 of rain.

I am forcing my keg now ready for bottling soon. I am at Mt P today if you need some bottles now. Otherwise I can drop past early afternoon for some QC on your taps. Give me a buzz on the number of bottles you might want.

I'll put my hand up for a crate or 2 of longnecks. Seems i too have been giving them away faster than i have been stockpiling. I hope i have enough for tomorrow or people might end up with stubbies.....

Bring a jacket as well, forecast is for a late change with a possible drop or 2 of rain.

Bottling today? I need a counter pressure filler!

Jackets are a great idea as well as chairs & glasses. I have several chairs, jackets & glasses but not enough to accommodate a couple of dozen people.

Dropped off my keg fridge last night. Will have two beers on tap - a pale ale that treads lightly on ipa territory that will have a quick bath in some riwaka before heading to the tap as well as a easy drinking Anzac pale weighing in around the 4% mark, with maybe a little too generous helping of riwaka and galaxy - I'm sure any of ewes who went to anhc are galaxy-d out.

Cheers
Phil

Did those kegs have beer in them when they got here?

In theory yes, but the good Mr Hatch will have 4 cartons worth of full beers assuming he is swapping as well as being the host.
Ah, my phrasing was ambiguous - I meant that *I* should keep a few more bottles handy.

@Hatchy - I'll take a crate of longnecks if they're still plentiful.

Looks like there's a decent quantity of bonus kegs making the party, so I'll stick to just the one extra in the newly-upgraded port-a-keg... it now has a decent handle, and in about an hour or so will sport a nice wooden bar on top.

This is all reading well. I am getting excited!

Not looking forward to cleaning those bottles in a few short hours... part and parcel of being a swapper though.

Ok, all bottled now. I have chosen Hallertau for the Randall, so will see how it turns out.

So 20 longnecks should be plenty for the swap, one for each brewer (18 other swappers), +1 for the host, +1 spare.

Hatchy,
Is this the total number for swapping, and do you need anything else bought along. I have a family commitment in the evening so i will be bailing early

Regards Tony

Have a great day tomorrow, guys... Looks to be shaping up nicely! Somebody take a camera...

I'm sorry I can't be with you, however the wife's taking me out tomorrow for my birthday, then a weekend of well overdue family time.

Cheers! Steve.

Procrastinating.....

Fark i hate bottling.

So far i have kegged and gassed the beer but decided the vegies needed a water, then the fruit trees.

Better check AHB while i am at it...... <_<

Had planned on watching the cricket whilst bottling but given the score i think I'll pass and watch neighbours instead :eek:

Procrastinating.....

This clip works both for procrastinating, and the ridiculousness of doing one's taxes [double that for doing someone else's].

I have 20 bottles left after... Quality Control. Yup - damn fine drop that is. See you all tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
no just sanitiser.....

It was quite tasty sanitiser while it lasted.

Procrastinating.....

Fark i hate bottling.

So far i have kegged and gassed the beer but decided the vegies needed a water, then the fruit trees.

Better check AHB while i am at it...... <_<

Had planned on watching the cricket whilst bottling but given the score i think I'll pass and watch neighbours instead :eek:

Procrastinate faster!

I have to bottle what didn't fit in the keg last night so my ferment fridge can be an auxiliary keg fridge tomorrow but I'm not procrastinating nearly as fast as I'd like.

I feel like a kid on christmas day at the moment. Where are my presents?

Looks like it's time to start packing the beer into the car. Should be there around 12ish.

Back