2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't get out of my commitments so I will be a no show unfortunately, bitterly dissapointed but what can you do!

I will likely bottle my beer tonight but you'll need to give it a couple of weeks to carb up. There's about 21-22L there so there should be a couple of spare bottles to go into the extra case or whatever it is.

I have probably 3/4 keg of an APA-ish beer or a full keg of a bitter that is yet to be carbed up. Unless I get my CO2 bottle filled beforehand it will probably be the former that makes an appearance. I've got a charger to push beer out but not enough to force carb anything.

Baklava is likely to be back on the menu this time around, and Helena will probably hang around for a while.

Pizza later in the evening sounds good since it can be hard work getting through all the beers on an empty stomach. What time are we kicking off again?

Can't get out of my commitments so I will be a no show unfortunately, bitterly dissapointed but what can you do!

So you'll drop yr keg off Friday?

I will likely bottle my beer tonight but you'll need to give it a couple of weeks to carb up. There's about 21-22L there so there should be a couple of spare bottles to go into the extra case or whatever it is.

I have probably 3/4 keg of an APA-ish beer or a full keg of a bitter that is yet to be carbed up. Unless I get my CO2 bottle filled beforehand it will probably be the former that makes an appearance. I've got a charger to push beer out but not enough to force carb anything.

Baklava is likely to be back on the menu this time around, and Helena will probably hang around for a while.

Pizza later in the evening sounds good since it can be hard work getting through all the beers on an empty stomach. What time are we kicking off again?

I reckon around 12 is a civil time to kick off. If you'd prefer to bring the bitter we'll have gas & can force carb it.

I assume everyone is ok to bring a glass & a chair. If yr happy to stand up & drink straight from the tap then you don't have to.

Just sorting out my randall right now. Should be having some of the 16 story drop pale going through some riwaka. Will bring my keg fridge around tomorrow night along with two kegs - even though it would look better if the hop randall was sitting outside, I think it would be better if it stays inside a fridge.

Cheers
Phil

Nope, I am not letting you bastards drink it all without me.

I wasn't suggesting we'd drink it all, I was just thinking that we could test it for you to make sure it's OK

Just sorting out my randall right now. Should be having some of the 16 story drop pale going through some riwaka. Will bring my keg fridge around tomorrow night along with two kegs - even though it would look better if the hop randall was sitting outside, I think it would be better if it stays inside a fridge.

Cheers
Phil

Do you need a hand getting the fridge in the van? I can easily swing past yr place if required.

Wish I could make it, but my Girlfriend has her graduation that night!! (Hence why I took myself off the list after whinging about not being on the list!! :p)

Just bottled my swap beer and am drinking the leftovers. Seems reasonable to me so I guess you're stuck with it. :icon_cheers:

Does anyone have a beer better suited to a handpump than mine (rye 'golden' ale with homegrown cascade)?

If so, I am happy to carb mine up and let someone else have their beer served through a handpump (sparkler optional).

Tasted both my swap beer and the beer to be kegged last night prior to the polyclar addition. Identical grist and yeast, only difference is the hops. I think i prefer the chinook but i cant put my finger on what the cascade reminds me of. Possibly amarillo with a touch of nelson sauvin..... like grapefruit and passionfruit mixed with a slight sav blanc type aroma. Looking forward to the feedback as its the first time i have used the cascade.

Does anyone have a beer better suited to a handpump than mine (rye 'golden' ale with homegrown cascade)?

If so, I am happy to carb mine up and let someone else have their beer served through a handpump (sparkler optional).
:icon_drool2: Mmmm handpump.

I have a keg of a copy of my swap beer (Ruddles County English Pale Ale) that might go a treat. I was planning to bring my Planet of the Grapes in my port-a-keg. I like a well-pulled hoppy beer through, so my vote goes for the 'golden'. Failing that, I can bring another keg. I suppose we could always swap the PoTG and 'golden' over sometime during the night.

I'll need to be up early Saturday to start making these pretzels, but otherwise all looks to be on track. Just need to get my labels printed.

Have a TTLL ish beer(no Styrians :( all late hops are fuggles)
Is carbed reasonably low so might go alright, best go and do a taste test on it.
Is it too early to do it now :icon_drunk: 12.25pm, should be OK to sink a couple unless SWMBO gets home early . :ph34r:
Cheers
Nige

Its easy enough to switch over beers on the handpump although with the setup i leave the relief valve open as i am yet to setup the check valve/manifold thingamy.

Happy to play it by ear, its not that hard to carb up a beer, a lot more fun to degas it although someone managed to knock the carb out of one of my beers at a swap in the barossa last year in no time and without me knowing.......... <_< :lol:

If anyone wants several dozen crown seal bottles then feel free to bring something with you to put them in. I've just started looking at the tidy up effort required to get this place presentable for Saturday & there's a lot of bottles here that will be recycled if no one claims them.

If anyone wants several dozen crown seal bottles [...]
Longnecks or stubbies? Possibly interested in longnecks - seems I've been giving away too many and I almost ran short for the swap as it is. Probably a good idea to keep more than 1 swap worth on hand.

Longnecks or stubbies? Possibly interested in longnecks - seems I've been giving away too many and I almost ran short for the swap as it is. Probably a good idea to keep more than 1 swap worth on hand.

In theory yes, but the good Mr Hatch will have 4 cartons worth of full beers assuming he is swapping as well as being the host.

Plus I understand he drinks the occasional beer from a bottle... :icon_cheers:

I've got an abundance of longnecks & stubbies. Whatever doesn't go tomorrow will probably get recycled.

I took today off work so I could tidy this place up, I'm milling grain as I type this, I'll tidy later.

So my plan is to bring along kegs of Corona Mk II, a Dark Mild & a Schwartzbier (although this could be near empty), plus some bottled brews.

Remember to bring a chair and a glass folks!

Chairs & glasses are a top idea.

My amber ale hasn't blown yet but can't be far away. I kegged the 1st batch brewed on my current system last night, it was tasting pretty good 12 hours ago but I probably should pour a glass to make sure it's still ok.

Back