2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't even last 72 mate. Tapped at about 9:30 Thursday night, gone soon after midday yesterday. Looks like calling a beer "ya mothers panties" is a good way to get dudes to drink it. Makes me wonder about my mates.

It didn't even last 72 mate. Tapped at about 9:30 Thursday night, gone soon after midday yesterday. Looks like calling a beer "ya mothers panties" is a good way to get dudes to drink it. Makes me wonder about my mates.

You're a sharing fella to give out your mother panties to everyone

Everyone did enjoy my mothers panties, it's a pity that given the circumstances of that brewday(night) there will never be another batch of mothers panties.

I regretfully withdraw from the swap. Work has been getting in the way of my brewing schedule, so my beer won't be ready in time.

I won't add my name to the list but I'll swap a beer, you'll need to supply a glass.

My brown ale is bubbling away nicely in the nuked fridge.

Put me down for 3 of Jayse's beers at a minimum.

I regretfully withdraw from the swap. Work has been getting in the way of my brewing schedule, so my beer won't be ready in time.

Will it be bottled in time? Put a best after date on it if it's bottled by then.

Are you talking about the IPA we brewed here Jayse? I'll be interested to see what that tastes like a bit older. I realised tonight that I'll probably have 3 beers on tap by then assuming I don't have thirsty mates round for a brewday between now & then.

Well guys my case swap beer is now bottled. It was a bit of an effort. I'm a glass bottle virgin. I hope I haven't stuffed it up too much.

Any how the beer tasted ok out of the fermenter so fingers crossed.

Bring on swap day!

MOM out.

Phew - 22 bottles. Just. The keg blew just as I started #23.

Label's coming along nicely too.

Not sure if I'll have anything ready to bring along in the port-a-keg (with soon-to-be disclosed personalised tap-handle), but if it's done in time (fingers crossed) then I'll bring a keg of IIPA. I might have enough Planet of the Grapes left over, but it's not up to the quality of previous years.

Are we sorted for lunch/dinner plans? Are we pitching in a few bucks for someone to organise things to BBQ or are we bringing our own?

Looking forward to the day even though I am no longer involved in the swap itself.
May bring a keg of Black IPA (still not comfortable calling something that colour a Pale Ale)
Not a quaffer at 7.2%ABV but a nice beer all the same, am sure Butters would of got stuck in on Sunday if he didn't have to drive.
Only other full keg, atm, is a Landlord type and it may be gone by then :icon_drool2:
Cheers
Nige

Are we sorted for lunch/dinner plans? Are we pitching in a few bucks for someone to organise things to BBQ or are we bringing our own?
I'd be happy to be a party to the pitching in idea ... or bring my own
... or get all my caloric intake from beer.

While I'm here, does anyone have hops other than Cascade, POR, Chinook,
Goldings, Mt. Hood, Saaz or Victoria growing well at the moment for me to
invite myself to drop by for a photo call?

T.

Hi, Due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't be able to attend the case swap. I will attempt to remove my name off the swappers list - Cheers

Hi, Due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't be able to attend the case swap. I will attempt to remove my name off the swappers list - Cheers

You can still swap beers without attending mate. I can drop your beers off if you can get them to my place during the week (if that helps)?

I'm going to bring a long my thermometer - hopefully a few of you can bring along one for calibration purposes - Smurto, could you bring one of the ones you trust? Or is a case swap gathering the worst time to calibrate them?

Does everyone who's bringing kegs have picnic taps? Can a couple of blokes also bring a co2 bottle? Mine is full but on current form it may not be by Saturday.

I'd be happy to look at thermometer calibration. In the interest of accurate science it may be best to do that early.

Fine, mostly sunny & 25 for Saturday looks good.

Confirming I will be bringing Gopha's beers so he is still swapping. :)

I dont foresee an issue with me bring my gas bottle with the kegs and taps. If peoples kegs are gassed up and ready to go we wont use much gas to push out the amber goodness.

So 19 Brewers on the list at the moment.

We have mentioned in previous swaps the host should be given an additional bottle from each swapper - which I am most happy to continue to recommend, after all the host is providing the venue!

Pretty sure Hatchy wont this. (apart from getting all his bottles back again! :lol: )

So 20 longnecks should be plenty for the swap, one for each brewer (18 other swappers), +1 for the host, +1 spare.

Does everyone who's bringing kegs have picnic taps? Can a couple of blokes also bring a co2 bottle? Mine is full but on current form it may not be by Saturday.
Mine will be in the port-a-keg, which has a micromatic tap (and with any luck by then, shiny new tap handle) + keg-charger. The charger can be passed around if flows are slow.

So 20 longnecks should be plenty for the swap, one for each brewer (18 other swappers), +1 for the host, +1 spare.
Done and done. Now I get to taste the bottled goodness before the swap and see how the CPBF did in terms of clarity.

Back