2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dr,
i knew the 22 for swapping, i was more curious about the drinking, with all you guys bringing kegs.

Reagrds Tony

That is sexy Doc, I'd consider leaving my wife for it.

Tony, how incomplete is incomplete? If you've got a full corny I reckon we can find a way to get the beer out.

1 bag of ice and the beer is cold for the whole day.
portakeg.jpg

Has wheels at the back. This will serve as my walking/stumbling frame this swap.

I found ice inside it three days after the last pour, once.

Hatchy,
I am awaiting taps and a regulator, which some one is giving me, so I wont nag him, he has already given me a three tap font. Its cool, i bring extra bottles.I dont think I drink that much, although my wife differs.

Regards Tony

Fair enough, i've got a spare picnic tap & can hook up co2 for you if you bring a corny.

What was I thinking? I'll have a van in the next few days that will be big enough to move my fridge...

Only a possible infection I am thinking now, starting to think this can't have kicked in so quickly in an almost finished brew.

Case swap beer: Kegged, carbed, and tasted. Mighty fine IIDSSM. Will be CPBFed in the week before the swap for maximum clarity.

Based on the taste from the fermenter alone I made a second batch, which has now been pitched onto the yeastcake of the first. There's technically enough time for this to add to the first batch if I do run short of full bottles, otherwise it's mine to drink :chug: Lucky too - I just gave my last fresh keg of beer to my brother for his birthday bash.

Are we still doing an unofficial label comp? Bragging rights only.

Also - what's happening for food this time around? I'm happy to make up a batch of my german pretzels again, but that's hardly lunch/dinner.

Fasty would drink it.

Bets on that he would ask for days first, if he should infact chuck it or drink it, ignore everyones advice about chucking it and starting again, then drink it anyways

Ahh, gold!

Hi guys,
Turns out I've had something else come up on the 6th. Probably should've guessed as it's my missus's bday a few days earlier.

Anyway, is there a start time for this event? Ive seen the question asked, but no response.

I may have to pull out, but will see what time its likely to start. I could do a swap and go (bring my empty keg and swap with a full one).

Cheers,
Al

I reckon I saw midday suggested as a start time. If anyone can't make it on the day but wants to swap I've got the Friday off that week so you can drop yr beers off on the Friday.

Awesome,
Im still be in then.
I should be able to make it after midday. If not, ill drop my beers off the day before.

Cheers,
Al

"If I do say so myself".

Just trying to fit in with all the TLAs - three-letter-acronyms.

Are you happy to make 3 times the amount you made last time? They were yummy!
Short answer: no.

These take a while to mix up, roll out, shape, boil, and bake. I'll try to make a larger batch, but first-come-first-served.

"If I do say so myself".

Just trying to fit in with all the TLAs - three-letter-acronyms.

Short answer: no.

These take a while to mix up, roll out, shape, boil, and bake. I'll try to make a larger batch, but first-come-first-served.

you could always make them 3 times as big and cut them up ;)

they do take far too long to make but gee they are good.

you could always make them 3 times as big and cut them up ;)
That would change the way they cook - surface-to-volume ratio and all.

I'll aim for at least one each. Don't blame me though if you arrive late to find I've eaten yours too.

Aside from DrSmurto's patented (or is that painted?) chicken, who else has some food to bring?

Back