2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nov 6th is the date, very ealry but it does avoid all the xmas madness that starts shortly after that if it hasn't already started.

I'm in the same boat, my beer has only been in primary for 10 days so unless i decide to keg and then CPBF my beer will have a best after date on it. I'd rather give it some cold conditioning time to ensure it peaks when you all open the bottle rather than try and rush it so that you can drink it the day after the swap.

Is anyone interested in some saaz, goldings or mt.hood bine cuttings for propagation?
Probably more for planning ahead for next season I guess.

I'm interested. Have wanted to plant some hops for a while now... will need some advice on what to do with them though!

Got mine into bottles - with dramas though - good thing jasmin is at work because she would have died if she saw the kitchen. During bottling the little widget on the end of the bottling wand fell off into a bottle - beer was gushing down all over the floor :lol:

Still got 26 longnecks and 2 stubbies - one lucky person will get the widget in theirs! :p

Still not too happy with this beer though - but that is always how it is when swapping. I don't think I will get into one of these swaps again unless I have (or borrow) a CPBF (did you hear that santa?)

Oh and raven, how keen are you on picking up my fridge to take over there a day before and picking up a day after?

Cheers
Phil

I got a PM this morning from a bloke who can't attend on the day but has already bottled his swap beer. Does anyone have a problem with non attendees swapping?

I got a PM this morning from a bloke who can't attend on the day but has already bottled his swap beer. Does anyone have a problem with non attendees swapping?

that is more than fine - happens quite often.

Has a start time for this event been posted? - Cheers

Oh and raven, how keen are you on picking up my fridge to take over there a day before and picking up a day after?

Not very to be honest! Surely we can make do with party taps and ice in eskys?

That fridge was farking heavy!

Are you telling me an engineer can't work out how to get a fridge on and off a ute?

What good are you? :eek: :lol:

The answer is generally on a sliding scale, depending on whom to speak to...

The manager in me says no worries, just need someone else to do the lifting!

I may be able to borrow a ute or a trailer to move the fridge (as long as someone else does the lifting).

The answer is generally on a sliding scale, depending on whom to speak to...

The manager in me says no worries, just need someone else to do the lifting!

Different fridge about half the size...is ok though.

Picnic taps are fine - thought I could offer a free tap for someone interstate etc.

Cheers
Phil

I'll have fridge space for 7 kegs. Will a corny stay cold enough sitting in an esky?

I'll have fridge space for 7 kegs. Will a corny stay cold enough sitting in an esky?

with ice in there absolutely. I often take my kegs to parties and have the keg only 1/3rd in ice and she keeps and cool as a cucumber for the day without any trouble. If its hot a wet towel around the top can give you greater comfort it will stay cool.

And with 20+ people possibly attending, most kegs wont have a chance to get warm. We be a thirsty bunch.

with ice in there absolutely. I often take my kegs to parties and have the keg only 1/3rd in ice and she keeps and cool as a cucumber for the day without any trouble. If its hot a wet towel around the top can give you greater comfort it will stay cool.

I take kegs camping and put them in these sexy containers. I'll be bringing 1 along to the case swap.

portablekegsetup2.jpg

portablekegsetup.jpg

1 bag of ice and the beer is cold for the whole day. As RK mentions, if it's a hot day simply throw a wet towel or sheet over it.

All,
As my kegging is still incomplete, what is the desired amount of longnecks to bring and share.

Regards Tony

Back