2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the missus needs to drop me off then pick me up... and I wont be there till after cricket, around 7pm I suspect. Will ask the question...

Do you know where yr playing that day? Yr the captain right? Find someone gullible in yr team & tell him that if he doesn't drop you & Mrs Raven off he'll be dropped for the next game. Assuming that she wants to come.

Edit: I just pitched the starter into the APA I'm hoping will be my swap beer. I'm undecided as to whether I top crop from this one to make the starter for the backup beer or whether to start a new starter. Wort & yeast both smelt fine going into the fermenter but it's my 1st swap so I want a reserve batch or 2 just in case this one isn't up to scratch.

Not with a Captains knock! :p

Looks like I will be down south at Flinders Uni, buts its the second week of a 2 day match = a good chance we will finish earlier. Captains can call the game off anytime after tea when theres no chance of an outright - we dont have second innings points in our grade either.

In regards to your yeast, you may as well give top cropping a go, or just grab some trub after racking the beer off the yeast cake.

Being Ale yeast, top cropping should give you a nicer yeast in good condition though.

It is with deep regret that I have removed myself from the list of swappers, due to a few likely 'non brewing' life changes I will not get any beer into bottles between now and the swap.
All being well I hope to still attend the event with some kegged sample in tow.
I have removed my name from the wiki. Will leave it to Holty as the next reserve to add his name to the list if he wishes.
Cheers
Nige

PS and OT... see some of you guys at The Wheaty on Wednesday 6/10 for Locals night.

At least you can still make it mate!

Just chilled down the 70 Shilling and its in the fridge with 1968 Yeasties pitched :D

At least you can still make it mate!

Just chilled down the 70 Shilling and its in the fridge with 1968 Yeasties pitched :D
I'll be there, on condition I haven't moved to Canbeera by then. (The move may or may not happen at all, but currently is my #1 option.)
I hear they have good beer there! :icon_cheers:
Cheers
Nige

Has anyone put any thought into what tucker we're likely to want? We've got 2 BBQs & a webber here so have means to burn things.

Phil has suggested he could bring his keg fridge round, I have a keg fridge & can make sure I'm not fermenting so can use my ferment fridge for kegs as well. Is 9 keg spots in fridges enough or should I look into more fridges?

Has anyone put any thought into what tucker we're likely to want? We've got 2 BBQs & a webber here so have means to burn things.

Phil has suggested he could bring his keg fridge round, I have a keg fridge & can make sure I'm not fermenting so can use my ferment fridge for kegs as well. Is 9 keg spots in fridges enough or should I look into more fridges?

Hi Hatchy

I'm planning on bringing a keg along. Would make it easier for me if there was a spare spot in a fridge.

Cheers

MOM

Batch #1 of the Rye Golden Ale with homegrown chinook hops was a huge success with the non brewing mates at a recent camping trip. Made 2 kegs of it and the 2nd is on tap at the moment and rocking my world.

Just to make sure that none of you are now worried I'll be submitting a golden ale, I have been advised to change it's name since other than 1 malt and a whirlfloc tablet it bares no resemblance to that golden ale! :p

Anyway, better pull my finger out and brew another for the case swap. Thankfully the Pacman yeast flocs out super quick so it should be clear by the time it's ready to drink.

I just managed to get my swap beer into a fermenter before jetting off to hot, wet Cairns for a week-long conference. I've got a Ruddles Ale (English) that's cleaning up ferment now (gorgeous flavour at this stage) and plenty of time to keg, gas, and CPBF it before the swap.

Bloody QLDers - I think I now understand why there's so much crap beer up there... it's too frickin' hot to give a damn about flavour.

beer is fermented and in the bottle ready to roll. A smoky dark sort of thing done up with Kolsch II yeast loosely based on Ross's smoked schwartz that is somewhere on AHB (no Rye - Munich instead). tastes great to me. Looking forward to getting into the left overs once they are carbed up.

Checked the SG of my case swap beer last night and am quite happy with the flavour. Still needs top drop a few more points but 100g of fresh chinook flowers in 25L is very VERY nice :icon_drool2:

I ended up upping the rye to 23% so its got a nice earthy spiciness behind the hops.

Have an english bitter in a keg that i will save for the case swap and bring along. :beer:

Have to bottle my efforts tomorrow. 10 min Amarillo IPA - not as big of an aroma as I am used to - but still tastes like a 10 min IPA of mine. Will be bringing along the '16 story drop' Pale Ale (used a mix of galaxy and pacific gem)

Cheers
Phil

Was that why you invited me around? A bottling assistant?

Was that why you invited me around? A bottling assistant?

I wasn't going to bottle until monday or tuesday - but I need the fermenter for the stammtisch brew. May not end up bottleing until tuesday if I can try and find a way how to...

Cheers
Phil

100g of home-grown chinook flowers after the boil

caseswaphoptrub.jpg

And no, i didn't take them out and reuse them to bitter another beer :rolleyes:

Back