2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, havn't had time to brew so I'm out. I've removed myself from the swap list but still hoping to attend.

Gday,

Is anyone interested in some saaz, goldings or mt.hood bine cuttings for propagation?
Probably more for planning ahead for next season I guess. As I'm expecting to move
house soon, I'm restricting the height of my plants at the moment so I can save some
of the cuttings and bring along to Hatchy's case swap rather than throwing them out.

Case swap wise I bottled an extract Belgian strong dark ale brew a couple of weeks ago
and bottles are slowly carbonating away at the moment.

T.

I reckon I've run out of reasons to procrastinate so I'm going to have to bottle my APA now.

I hate bottling.

Well the decision has to be made...I'm going to have to pull on this. Unfortunately brewing funds and time are very very short at the moment and it just wont happen. Thank god there is one good thing coming out of this...Uni is nearly over FOREVER!! 6 yrs...all done ...thank god...then some serious drinking time!!!

Pok

My 70 Shilling Scottish Ale tastes like its on the money for the Style Guidelines, ramping from 18 to 20 degrees for a day or so then crash chill this week prior to bottling. I hate bottling too!

Keg options to bring... hmmm... Schwartzbier, Corona II, Dark Mild, IPA... decisions decisions...

Are you still attending Pok?

We write our number from the list on the bottletops right?

My Simarillo Ale is already bottled and taste tested, thanks Raven. Looking forward to catching up - Cheers

Well that's that done. I got 16 stubbies as well as the 24 longnecks so I'll be having a couple to test between now & the swap. I chucked an amber ale on the yeast cake so if the APA isn't up to scratch I'll swap the amber ale with a best after date. That would mean having to bottle again so seems unlikely, more likely that the amber ale will be on tap.

I'll be bottling my efforts today :( I hate bottling.

Even if we get 20 swappers - that is a good turnout. Only 17 more sleeps until this one!

I'll be bottling my efforts today :( I hate bottling.
CPBF FTW!!!

Actually, mine's still in the fermenter, hopefully chilling down to 0 soon. I liked the taste from the fermenter so much that I made it again to pitch onto the same yeastcake.

I've had to clear out old stock to gather up enough long-necks - where are they all??? I think I've given too many away.

Even if we get 20 swappers - that is a good turnout.
I'm still amazed that there's so many left on the list. While I'm sorry to see people drop out, a few less means I might actually have enough beer... should have scaled my recipe better.

As far as labelling goes i have a roll of masking tape and an texta. That's as creative as i get :p

Hopefully the beer inside the bottle makes up for the substandard label compared to those works of art some of you will know doubt create.

As far as labelling goes i have a roll of masking tape and an texta. That's as creative as i get :p

Hopefully the beer inside the bottle makes up for the substandard label compared to those works of art some of you will know doubt create.

Mine will have RK on the lid...I can't be stuffed taking off labels from prior swaps or using sticky tape, my time is better spent elsewhere

Have added myself as a non-swapper (I'll be bringing a keg of something though!), playing cricket during the day but looking good for making it sometime around 7:00pm.

What's the address?

Is the swap really on the 6th? For some reason I thought it was later than that.

My swap beer is in the fermenter and will make it into bottles in time but will likely need a bit longer to carb up.

Back