2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again Hatchy and Mrs Hatchy. Had a blast.

Teeth filtered beer was a highlight.

Drive home was interesting though. Let's just say that after drinking all night and eating Chilli chicken the windows were down often.

Can't wait to get into some of these swap beers.

And i finally got my picnic tap setup. I didn't need band aids this time but I did manage to melt the hose onto the stove element!

cheers

Faaaaark.

Memory is getting worse but i don't remember those photos being taken. :icon_drunk:

Big cheers to hatchy and his ex-fiance' for hosting us and putting on the food to start the day off. A lot of effort goes into preparing for one of these and even more in the clean-up. It was a huge success, if you weren't there you missed a huge one!

I put a bit more effort into the ringburner this year and wow, it lived up to its name yesterday.

I went home, unpacked the car and then was straight to bed till the cricket started, even though i snuck off to bed early at the swap i was still stuffed.

Good work to drain the keg on the handpump although the last pint was drained by the crazy from mildura for breakfast! Great time had and was good to see more new faces as well as the usual suspects.

So many good beers. And i agree, the hops did smoke well. Much better than trying to drink half a glass of hops mixed with beer :blink:

Now to sit back and wait for the photos so i can get some of my memory back.

I think i left 2 black picnic taps behind hatchy?

Cheers
A broken DrSmurto

p.s. my beer is ready to drink, it's carbed low so pour it from a height. It has a black lid and no label (other than the labels from other swaps which i was too lazy to remove......) let it warm up to let the rye come through.

Maltyhops- There is evidence in this mans possession, good to have loads of photos of a swap, get them posted.
Cheers
Nige
... and here they are. Had them ready last night but my net link decided to have a
holiday - maybe too many swap beers? :p Separate copies of the photos are in my
gallery page at Maltyhops' 2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap photos

I'd like to add my thanks to Mr & Mrs Hatchy for hosting the day/nighter and all
who attended for being real nice and letting me sample excellent beers. Started
with small amounts until the call came to help finish a keg or two and then it was
on :party:

Tom.

Some of the attendees ...

The bling ...

Inspired by Boston and Phillip's hops randalls, S.A. AHBers sought new ways to
make beer more hoppy ...

And the loot ...

Also a special thanks to the Mayor of Mildura and Awesome Fury for their trip down from Mildura. Just a tip for next time guys, you can't just order a cab and say 'I'm in Adelaide, and I need a lift back to my room', they need more detail. I hope you managed a few hours sleep before the trip home.

Thanks also to Kieren for traveling 4 hours from the opposite direction.

Hahaha, would have helped if i knew what suburb i was in. lol maybe should have sourced this info be for calling the taxi. but some times you have to wing it! lol

I went home, unpacked the car and then was straight to bed till the cricket started, even though i snuck off to bed early at the swap i was still stuffed.

Good work to drain the keg on the handpump although the last pint was drained by the crazy from mildura for breakfast! Great time had and was good to see more new faces as well as the usual suspects.

Sunday session would have been awesome! your warm, flat pint of beer @ 8am was definatly a highlight!!

I meant to mention the picnic taps, they're at my place, how soon do you need them?

Yr a bad man Maltyhops, I didn't know there was going to be photographic evidence. I wonder what new hopping techniques we can come up with next time.

Hahaha, would have helped if i knew what suburb i was in. lol maybe should have sourced this info be for calling the taxi. but some times you have to wing it! lol

Dude! We only told you which suburb we were in 100 times during the phone conversation... :lol: - an absolute classic moment there.

I meant to mention the picnic taps, they're at my place, how soon do you need them?

Yr a bad man Maltyhops, I didn't know there was going to be photographic evidence. I wonder what new hopping techniques we can come up with next time.

No rush on the picnic taps.

Am fairly happy with the photos, its all really PG.

So it does not really look like I missed all that much :lol: ;)

Dude! We only told you which suburb we were in 100 times during the phone conversation... :lol: - an absolute classic moment there.

Hahaha, yeah but i was past hearing by that point.. :lol: maybe this is why i have so much trouble getting taxi's.. we have a language problem. :icon_chickcheers:

I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention it on Saturday but I've got stacks of bottles I want to give away if anyone wants them.

if it's not to much trouble. would everyone be able to update the article with who's is ready and who's isnt..
i've got 4 left i'm not sure about.. 3, 22, rk?? looks like(coopers b.e.s. label), and northern brewer??

Awesome Fury, RK = Rooting Kings - I am pretty sure this is ready to drink mate.

Mine needs bottle conditioning for 4 weeks, updated the article accordingly.

My Belgian strong dark is quite drinkable now though could carb up a bit more
if left a bit longer - within 6 months, of course - if you could wait that long :p

Just want to say thanks to Hatchy for all the long necks I picked up tonight :icon_cheers:

& I want to say that anyone who wants some stubbies should PM me. They'll be going to recycling some time soon if no one grabs them. Thanks to Amin for clearing out those longnecks & for having the p plates otherwise that could easily have turned into a session & we'd be chucking the 1st hops in the kettle now.

Latest posts

Back