2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Road trip!

were here should be around there soon. just filling the gas bottle!

cheers

On my way now to drop off goodies.

& now there's 6 beers on tap & 12 dozen swap beers in the yard. Inside is smelling pretty good with the curry & potato bake. Phil & I have just poured our 1st beers.

I was down as attending non swapper but I've got a respiratory infection so no can do today, but if you've got some longnecks left over after I'll happily take them off your hands.

How was the case swap!

Im at work and need some photos to cheer me up or make me jealous about not beeing able to attend last night.

I'm not sure how you could be thirsty after drinking all the tequila last night.

Hatchy,
Thanks for opening your house for the swap, it was good to put some names to faces.Its a shame i had to leave early, and my wife was very surprised i came home sober. Next time i will not double book. I left my chair there, and will give you a ring to pick up later.Phil, your beer through the Randell was awsome, can you post the recipe please.Again,thanks.

Regards Tony

After breakfast thoughts on last night,
Thank you to Hatchy for hosting a great event.
Even bigger thanks to Mrs Hatchy for having a load of drunkards in your home.
Goofinder- your first swap? Good to see you get a second wind after being asleep before dark.
Mayor of Mildura- I'd vote for you.
Awesome Fury- Value!
Kieron- Nice to meet you mate.
Dr Smurto- Good to see the handpump make an appearance. Ringburner Chicken hit the spot.
Boston- Yiros hit the spot before the drive home.
Maltyhops- There is evidence in this mans possession, good to have loads of photos of a swap, get them posted.
Raven19- Who the f*#k is Andrew Denton and what does he do with the rope?
TonyC and Phillip- Get organised guys, leaving a swap before dark isn't a good look.
Dan, muckey and butters- good to catch up again, good ploy muckey pretending his car is stuffed so butters had to do the driving keeping him in control. Mind you the prostate still made an appearance.
QB- Pretzel were tops.
Missing some I know, great crowd, loads of good beers although IPA's, randalls and other heavily hopped beers dominated.
With all the hoppy beers was it really necessary to add an ounce of flowers to your glasses? Or smoke the stuff?
Looking forward to the next swap and more Adelaide Community gatherings.
Cheers
Nige

TonyC and Phillip- Get organised guys, leaving a swap before dark isn't a good look.

Nige,
Point taken, but I had a family commitment i could not get out of, not without pain and suffering, so i came to swapand meet a few people.

Regards Tony

What a great night and many great beers. Stand outs for me were Dan's bitter, both of Phil's but particularly the randalled 16 story drop, Smurto's hand pumped ale and Nige's great black IPA.

Great to catch up with a few familiar faces and meet some new ones.

Look forward to the next one.

PS - forgot to add on my swap beer label but mine is ready for consumption now and will drink better fresh, though it's aready been in the bottle for about 6 weeks.

Nige,
Point taken, but I had a family commitment i could not get out of, not without pain and suffering, so i came to swapand meet a few people.

Regards Tony
Understood Tony, comment in jest only. Hope to see you at the next meetup.
Cheers
Nige.

For anyone interested here is my BlackIPA recipe and the Beersmith file.
Cheers
Nige

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: B8/10 Black IPA
Brewer: Nigel Peters
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Style India Black Ale
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 22.00 L
Boil Size: 30.49 L
Estimated OG: 1.072 SG
Estimated Color: 60.0 EBC
Estimated IBU: 67.8 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 73.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.70 kg Pale Malt, Traditional Ale (Joe White) (5.Grain 82.61 %
0.40 kg Caraamber (Weyermann) (70.9 EBC) Grain 5.80 %
0.40 kg Chocolate Malt (886.5 EBC) Grain 5.80 %
0.40 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 5.80 %
10.00 gm Simcoe [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 12.6 IBU
25.00 gm Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 33.8 IBU
10.00 gm Chinook [11.40 %] (60 min) Hops 11.0 IBU
15.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
20.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (20 min) Hops 9.9 IBU
15.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (1 min) Hops 0.5 IBU
0.50 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs American Ale (Wyeast Labs #1056) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body
Total Grain Weight: 6.90 kg
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Light Body
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
75 min Mash In Add 17.98 L of water at 71.9 C 65.6 C
10 min Mash Out Add 11.51 L of water at 93.5 C 75.6 C

View attachment BlackIPA.bsm

fantastic night - many thanks to hatchy and Mrs Hatchy

Butters was extremely well behaved actually :ph34r:

good to catch up with familiar faces and meet a few new ones

and tasted some awesome beers

Smurto's (aka Wile E Coyote) beer engine got hammered and Phillip's randell - Whew - I'm still recovering from the hop hit. Seems beer isn't the only use for hops - now I know why so many people want to grow them :blink:

Cheers all round for a great night

I just found out where the ring burner got it's name from.

Thanks to whoever brought the jerky & cashews, they're going pretty well right now.

I reckon we could've come up with an excuse for you Tony, we'll come up with something next time.

yeah, sorry i missed it guys, sounds like you had a good one though.

Goofinder- your first swap? Good to see you get a second wind after being asleep before dark.
Pretty sure you've got me confused for someone else, or at least I don't remember falling asleep... :icon_drunk:

Thanks to Hatchy and Mrs Hatchy for hosting and everyone else for turning out with their beer, was a good day.

My swap beer will need a bit longer to carb up as it has only been in the bottle for a few days.

Cheers,
Dan (Wild Elephant Brewery).

Back