Queensland Xmas Swap 2010 @ the BatCave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Batz and Julie for hosting a great event.

Just woke up from my nana nap, stupid bloody rooster killed any chance of a decent sleep.

The spare chair is Snows, we remembered it somewhere along the road home when the stuff in the back seat slid around, but it didn't sound the same as the trip up, turns out Snow was going to grab it as we were packing the car but someone was sitting in it and he didn't want to disturb them, so he forgot it.

BTW anyone who wants to drink bottle number 10 in the case swap, I suggest waiting a while, it needs to bottle condition, and if the flavour of the last one was anything to go by it comes into its own after three or more months in the bottle. In fact I will be holding off on drinking my spares until winter next year.

Cheers,

GT

BTW anyone who wants to drink bottle number 10 in the case swap, I suggest waiting a while, it needs to bottle condition, and if the flavour of the last one was anything to go by it comes into its own after three or more months in the bottle. In fact I will be holding off on drinking my spares until winter next year.

That reminds me. My beer #18 (Choc porter) has been in the bottle 6 weeks now, should be ready to drink though a couple more weeks might suit it.

Do we have a final list of exactly what everyone brought along?

Batzcave_027__800x600_.JPG
Batzcave_039__800x600_.JPG
Batzcave_058__800x600_.JPG

I remembered half-way home that we were going to have a chat about camera's Andrew, so maybe we can have a phone beer in the next couple of weeks. PM me your landline and let me know when's a good time. I have VOIP, so no probs about call cost.

Just sampling my Xmas gift beer...

murrays-icon-ipa.jpg

It's taking the edge off my hangover at 7.5% :D

Do we have a final list of exactly what everyone brought along?

1. TidalPete .... Yellow Peril CIPA.
2. BribieG - Munich Helles
3. Scruffy. ...
4. Bradsbrew - Jamaican Rummy Oak Oatmeal Stout
5. scoundrel_rogue - Punk in Drublic strong Xmas Cider
7. DKS - Alt
8. Winkle - Tin Tin Dark Belgian Strong ~ 9%
9. Stillscottish - Hopfen-Weisse.
10. geoff_tewierik - Doppelbock???
11. Nick B - Probably a Pils???
13. Snow - Stone and Wood Draught clone.
14. Screwtop - De Nutters Coconut Porter
15.Savy - Savys landlord
17. Florian - Dortmunder Export
18. Shed101 - You can't ******* stop me Porter

That's the best I can do to identify the 14 bottles in the swap.

Geoff & Nick (10 & 11) could you please confirm that your contribution is what's listed above. :)

Whilst I'm here I'd like to give belated thanks To Jeff & Julie for another top-notch display of hospitality. Had an excellent night & as others have said, loved that hand pumped ale & the company was top notch as usual. :super:
Having a couple of quiet ones before tea & then an early night.

TP

I remembered half-way home that we were going to have a chat about camera's Andrew, so maybe we can have a phone beer in the next couple of weeks. PM me your landline and let me know when's a good time. I have VOIP, so no probs about call cost.

Hmm, sadly my mind wasn't functioning at all this morning, forgot our camera chat, forgot my soft esky with my Xmas pressy beers and almost forgot how to get home too.
What a night.

I'll PM you during the week Bonj, appreciate the help.

Andrew

3. Scruffy. ...
4. Bradsbrew - Jamaican Rummy Oak Oatmeal Stout
7. DKS - Alt
11. Nick B - Take Your Pils - OK to drink now
14. Screwtop - De Nutters Coconut Porter
15.Savy - Savys landlord
18. Shed101 - You can't ******* stop me Porter

Cheers

Bloody hell ... what do I drink tonight?

I feel like a kiddy in a sweet shop ... I mean I feel as if I was a child in a sweet shop :ph34r:

Once again sorry I had to pull out last minute. Big thanks to Daz for getting my swap beers there. Did anyone have a crack at the sake?

BTW No.4 Bradsbrew Jamaican Rummy oak Oatmeal Stout was filled with the CPBF yesterday after months of conditioning and should be consumed NOW. I am not too confident with my skills in using the bottle filler and dont want it to be flat for you.

Cheers

3. Scruffy. ...
4. Bradsbrew - Jamaican Rummy Oak Oatmeal Stout filled with the CPBF yesterday after months of conditioning and should be consumed NOW
7. DKS - Alt
11. Nick B - Take Your Pils - OK to drink now
14. Screwtop - De Nutters Coconut Porter bottled from keg - OK to drink now
15.Savy - Savys landlord
18. Shed101 - You can't ******* stop me Porter has been in the bottle 6 weeks now, should be ready to drink though a couple more weeks might suit it.

The usual suspects doing the usual things

**** I love you guys.. :icon_chickcheers:

Shame I missed it

Will my QLD Visa still be valid for next year... :drinks:

My effort number 8 is actually a Belgian Xmas Ale 9.5% (spiced). Give it a few more weeks to knock off the rough edges.

cheers to Batz and Julie for the awesome nite and the great hospitality.
good to see some old faces and a few new ones, shit you guys know how to party.

passed out at winkles palce, the watched the roar play and finally arrived home.

never fear nick, im off to see the dentist in the morning. :lol: gotta love drunken shenanigans.

beer of the night was screwys coconut porter with chilli was the wake up call i needed.

cheers scoundrel

Yes Pete, mine is a Doppelbock, as has always been stated in the list of entries.

Latest posts

Back