Queensland Xmas Swap 2010 @ the BatCave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many many thanks, Batz and Julie for putting on a top night and putting up with us again.

1. TidalPete .... Yellow Peril CIPA.
2. BribieG - Munich Helles
3. Scruffy. ...
4. Bradsbrew - Jamaican Rummy Oak Oatmeal Stout filled with the CPBF yesterday after months of conditioning and should be consumed NOW
5. scoundrel_rogue - Punk in Drublic strong Xmas Cider
7. DKS - Alt
8. Winkle - Tin Tin Dark Belgian Strong ~ 9%
9. Stillscottish - Hopfen-Weisse. 8.5% bottled 2 days ago so give it time to carb up
10. geoff_tewierik - Doppelbock???
11. Nick B - Take Your Pils - OK to drink now
13. Snow - Stone and Wood Draught clone.
14. Screwtop - De Nutters Coconut Porter bottled from keg - OK to drink now
15.Savy - Savys landlord
17. Florian - Dortmunder Export
18. Shed101 - You can't ******* stop me Porter has been in the bottle 6 weeks now, should be ready to drink though a couple more weeks might suit it.

A special thanks to Luke for the scollop's, well done mate ! and to Hanna and Campbell for the bagpipes they always get the party rocking.
I'm sure there will be some pics to follow, the only one I have is of George in the dam.

George_002.jpg

George_003.jpg

Batz

I'll do a proper update.

3. Scruffy. ...
4. Bradsbrew - Jamaican Rummy Oak Oatmeal Stout filled with the CPBF yesterday after months of conditioning and should be consumed NOW
5. scoundrel_rogue - Punk in Drublic strong Xmas Cider
7. DKS - Alt
8. Winkle - Tin Tin Dark Belgian Spiced Xmas Ale 9.5% give it another 2 weeks
9. Stillscottish - Hopfen-Weisse. 8.5% bottled 2 days ago so give it time to carb up
15.Savy - Savys landlord
18. Shed101 - You can't ******* stop me Porter has been in the bottle 6 weeks now, should be ready to drink though a couple more weeks might suit it.

Batz can you move Kin Kin a bit closer to Brisbane? - that drive back on 3 hours sleep is a #^&$%6.
Edit: colours

Batz can you move Kin Kin a bit closer to Brisbane? - that drive back on 3 hours sleep is a #^&$%6.

You keep Brisbane well away from Kin Kin winkle, too many of those front wheel drive automobiles visiting us now.

Batz

3. Scruffy. ...
5. scoundrel_rogue - Punk in Drublic strong Xmas Cider (juniper and port) needs about 4 weeks in the bottle to carb up and condition.
7. DKS - Alt
15.Savy - Savys landlord

3. Scruffy. ...
5. scoundrel_rogue - Punk in Drublic strong Xmas Cider (juniper and port) needs about 4 weeks in the bottle to carb up and condition.
7. DKS - Alt
10. geoff_tewierik - Doppelbock
15.Savy - Savys landlord

Looks like the whole list is sorted. Thanks Geoff.

TP

3. Scruffy. ...
7. DKS - Alt
15.Savy - Savys landlord CPBF Drink it now.

Thank you Batz and Julie for a awesome time and letting the piss heads come into your lovely home,Aaron and I had a ball,

Thanks to all the brother hood for a good laugh and a catch up and some awsome beers,Highs for me was the hand pump love your work batz.

Thanks to TP for the entertainment again.

Ditto to all the above. Thanks for a huge night Geoff and Julie. Awesome hospitality, awesome food and beer, great company - who could ask for more?

Batz, the chair is mine. If you happen to have a BABBs member come by sometime, please ask if they can hang on to it for me until I catch up with them. Otherwise, I'll be up at Alexandra Headland after X-mas, so I can come up and get it then.

Cheers - Snow

3. Scruffy. ...
7. DKS - Alt
13. Snow - Stone and Wood Draught clone. - Drink now.
15.Savy - Savys landlord

Have brought the list back up to speed.

2. BribieG - Yorkshire Red Ale allow to condition 3 weeks
3. Scruffy - to be announced and delivered
7. DKS - Alt
10. geoff_tewierik - Doppelbock suggest waiting a while, it needs to bottle condition, and if the flavour of the last one was anything to go by it comes into its own after three or more months in the bottle.
13. Snow - Stone and Wood Draught clone. Drink now.
15.Savy - Savys landlord CPBF Drink it now.
17. Florian - Dortmunder Export Bottled 4 weeks ago, but recommend to stick in the fridge for a few days as it is bottle conditioned. Longer won't hurt. Suffers from chill haze, despite polyclar.

I have one bottle with no number on the cap (black cap) or id anywhere on the bottle, any clues boys??????????????

Screwy

I have one bottle with no number on the cap (black cap) or id anywhere on the bottle, any clues boys??????????????
It's a mystery bottle! Some things man was not meant to know!

Update, the entry No. 2 is actually a Yorkshire Red - you may have missed previous edit. Store for a couple of weeks at least because it was almost crystal clear on bottling. It's also the beer in the finings experiment, and I sent Winkle the fined bottle 1.25L< hope you got it.

I still wasn't feeling 100% after my headbang and neck wrench so SWMBO has dragged me down to Brunswick Heads for a few days R&R staying next door to the Hotel - a good chance to get away from brewing and craft beer and AHB and clubs etc. So walked into the Hotel Brunswick - magnificent restored Art Deco period hotel and walked straight into Pocket Beers :lol: - going round to his digs tonight with part of a case of CSA.

Then I found the Internet Cafe.

So much for getting away from everything. B)

Latest posts

Back