2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, im still stuffed after a 3 day bender and hardly any sleep and couldnt be fooked really(might have my 1st beer since the early hrs of Monday morning soon)... Anyhow, you can find the Rest of my photos from the Case swap in this Gallery and this Gallery and in this Gallery are photos of our Recovery Session at Chappo Manor...

Enjoy...

CB

Great shots CB...

I think we were lucky Greenpeace were servicing the helicopter while we were in the pool... Well some of us anyway :ph34r:

Great aerial shot of Anna giving birth to an InCider. I didn't think we were able to clone humans yet? Which begs the question why would you want your very own InCider?

Finally home after some 2,500 klm on the road. Had a ball at the show, thanks to Mr & Mrs Sqyre for their wonderful laidback hospitality. Great to put faces to a lot of names. Went to bed at 2.00am absolutely buggered and not as pissed as I thought I would / should be. Was too tired for too much over the top shennanigans (too old ?!) Sunday was a slow day. Should have gone to Chappos' but lost his address and phone number. Rook, you're an idiot. Now I know why I hate Geelong supporters ! Great you made the trip - with Ned you were amongst the lives of the party. Laugh .. almost shat myself at you two on Sunday morning !

To everyone else, much thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable night. Much beer drunk, much bullshit spoken. Couldn't ask for better. May this be the start of something new. The annual travellin' north road trip next year has been confirmed .. I'll bring a few blokes with me next time for the National Case Swap.

Great to meet you and talk shop about the Red V Ian. Someone was asking me where I got my big cheap S/S pots from, I got them from Sunrise Imports at Browns Plains, there is a link to their ebay shop here They actually have a nest of the same pots that I got here $129 buy it now price, they may be thin but you can't go wrong for that price.

cheers

Browndog

Something was different this year and it finally hit me - no foul fowl acts!
What happened to the chickens :eek: ????

Just a quick heads up on the Xmas-in-July 2010.
It'll be @ Casa D'Winkle in July, 17th* or 24th* most probably.
Cost will around $20 for munchies during the day & pizzas at night.
Maybe some left-over pizza for breakfast as well.
View attachment 33241
Beds for the evening are all taken by the usual suspects (already!!) but there's plenty of floor space.
I'll kick off a thread after Xmas, might even do a brew-day featuring chinese hops (if they're here by then :p )

*Edit: I'll try and take football in consideration Snow.

View attachment 33241
Beds for the evening are all taken by the usual suspects (already!!) but there's plenty of floor space.
I'll kick off a thread after Xmas, might even do a brew-day featuring chinese hops (if they're here by then :p )

Sounds like fun...

Someone was asking me where I got my big cheap S/S pots from, I got them from Sunrise Imports at Browns Plains, there is a link to their ebay shop here They actually have a nest of the same pots that I got here $129 buy it now price, they may be thin but you can't go wrong for that price.

That was me BD, Thanks for that, I can see Chrissy present coming up. B)

Gavo.

One of the best bashes I have ever been to. More thanks to Mr and Mrs Sqyre for the hospitality. Top food, top blokes, top beer. I laughed so hard my throat still hurts. I really wish I had stayed, getting up fresh and bright the next morning enabled me to destroy myself completely the next day!

I'm sure Josh must have taken a hundred pics of me with that huge bloody camera but haven't seen one of my ugly mug yet, in fact I possibly dreamed the whole thing.

Just realised I have made a mistake here. Of course when I said Josh I meant Ross who is Campbell's son. Great bloke that took all the shit I gave him at the dinner table like a trooper. He does like his tomato sauce though! He plays a pretty mean smoker and verandah railing as well.

You must have the most damning photos of all. At one stage he was shooting them upside down behind the bar during the sing song. Where are they? Tell him to put some up Campbell.

Just realised I have made a mistake here. Of course when I said Josh I meant Ross who is Campbell's son. Great bloke that took all the shit I gave him at the dinner table like a trooper. He does like his tomato sauce though! He plays a pretty mean smoker and verandah railing as well.

You must have the most damning photos of all. At one stage he was shooting them upside down behind the bar during the sing song. Where are they? Tell him to put some up Campbell.

He says the film's still at the chemists.................

Lazy bugger, get him some chilli sauce - that should fire things up.

View attachment 33241

Ok so while on the subject of beer appreciation, piss up at the Bat-cave March the 20th...Marchofest.

I'll post a thread in the new year and we'll work out tucker etc, as above in Perry's post, beds are all taken (usual suspects).

Batz

Ok so while on the subject of beer appreciation, piss up at the Bat-cave March the 20th...Marchofest.

I'll post a thread in the new year and we'll work out tucker etc, as above in Perry's post, beds are all taken (usual suspects).

Batz

Awesome Batz :super: It's worth the visit just to watch Banjo chase the birds! And it's the last month of wet days so we might need some boats to get is over the river.

_hotel_kinkinpubqld.html_PHOTO20.jpg

Awesome Batz :super: It's worth the visit just to watch Banjo chase the birds! And it's the last month of wet days so we might need some boats to get is over the river.

_hotel_kinkinpubqld.html_PHOTO20.jpg

April last year

pub_4.jpg

That's the last decent rain we have had! You could be stuck in a worst place but :party:

Batz

Can't believe the thread has stalled at 2495 posts :blink:

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Bruce and Renae. What a phenomenal amount of time and effort these two put in to the Swap. And, at the end of it all, we drive off and leave the poor buggers with a massive clean up. I took one look at the kitchen, jumped in the car and got away as fast as I could :D

Seriously though, I think that next year, everyone throwing in an extra $5 so they can get cleaners in on Sunday or Monday would mean little to the attendees but would be hugely appreciated by Bruce and Renae. I could not think of anything worse than cleaning up after the QLD Swap :rolleyes:

Really enjoyed finally meeting some of the characters I have seen on screen and been wanting to meet for ages. While my body was unable to absorb alcohol by the time I got to the Swap, I enjoyed many good yarns with the new faces and the old ones. Browndog and I even had our first ever sober swap conversation and didn't dance with each other once - good on us!

There was constant entertainment the whole time as can be seen from the pics though I thankfully missed 2 hours of The Last Post while trying to sleep in the back of a small car unanesthetised.

Special thanks to therook and BYB who DIDN'T spew in the car on the way home. Well done! Also have enjoyed showing the pics of Ned to all my mates over here. You are now a nationwide legend on and off-forum.

Brucey and Renae, I know I don't have to say thanks being family and all but...

THANKS A HEAP YOU LEGENDS!

Well finally back at work after 3 weeks off to find someone impersonating me at a Xmas case swap :D
Big thanks to Pat, who drove me there and got me horribly pissed, i had to be pissed as i don't take my clothes off for anyone..... he then drove me home and kicked me out on the way pass my hotel to be greeted by the missus who had the decency to ask if i was still pissed....FFS
Fats great to meet you ya Fat Prick
InCider......LOL....what more is there to say
Lilo.....I remember the days when we use to stay out all night drinking and playing pool with Garry Sweet the actor, now your in bed when the street lights come on.....PM on its way mate, Mal wants to touch bases with you.
BYB.....The Arab said you where a good bloke but didn't say anything about your 8 inch pink cock......
The squires, you 2 deserve a medal for the effort you put into this event.....thanks for having me there and for your generous hospitality....and its not true Pat, its not that easy to get into Mrs squires pants, it did take some effort, i think it was all the foreplay with the sheep that got her excited :p

and me old mate NED BUNYIP....**** thats a great name going to name my next dog that, thanks for teaching me a new level of slurring....Least We Forget

I shall return.....

Rook

Latest posts

Back