2008 Hag Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hand the filled un capped bottle out with a fresh cap and a carb lollie hey mate?

you would still have to wash all those bottles that way tony, it would be better to get people to bring their own empty bottles.

That's thinking Tony. but how do I get them to help clean the bottles...

not much point in cleaning the bottles if your going to fill them and not cap them for 2 weeks :)

Update - ditched my original Belgian which was fermented high as an experiment but was way to fusely to bestow upon you guys. 'Mild APA' it is.

1. n00ch - Berliner Weisse
2. Schooey - Schwarzbier
4. Leeboy - Imperial Porter Bottled (DRINK MID-DECEMBER)
5. Les (Weizguy) - Am blonde
6. The Ol' Boozeroony - Bastardised Amber Ale (still in fermenter.. Hopefully ready to bottle by next Saturday)
7. balconybrewer - Witbier
9. Rurik - (Tentative) - Mild
10 MHB - Dark Wheat Double Bock
11 Offline - The Wild Mild, bottled 25/11/08
12 Shmick - Hefeweizen (maybe raspberry)
13 goatherder - Munich Dunkel, Wyeast 2206, 4.7% abv. Bottled 29/11/2008. Leave it a week or two after the swap to carb.
14 Loftboy - Yankee Doodle Weizen (American Wheat). Bottled 15/11/08, 4.3% ABV, WY2565 Klsch.
15 Peve - Porter (revised coriander ) - the revision has left very little coriander. Oh Well!!
16. Head - Duseldorf Altbier
18 - Trent - AIPA - 7.6% so dont go driving afterwards.
19. Fingolfin - Witbier, bottled 06.12.08.
20. BigFridge - Klsch
21. Punter- Choc Porter- WY1028
22. Michael Mosely - not really sure, but probably beer
23. HarryB - Mild APA (bright ale clone with a twist)
24. fear_n_loath - Euro Lager
25. Loftboy/MauriceOz - Winding Creek APA (SNPA style APA). Bottled 25/11/08, 4.5% ABV, US-05.

ugh no.

when i say with a twist, i don't literally mean a twist of anything, i just mean it's slightly different to the other ba clone recipes floating about.

Thank goodness, too many people are adding stuff to beer. I'm most of the time a Reinheitsgebot purist. Although I must admit I just got a crapload of cherries from my brothers tree and am thinking about using them.

The Euro Lager was just bottled, 7/12/08. Came out at 26 bottles which sounds like enough to cover everyone. It would have been 28, but the missus broke one and I saved one to keep some yeast starters. I'll have to drop them off before Saturday as the family have pulled a Xmas party in Sydney. Would have loved to have been there, but maybe next time. Have a good one.

Fear_n_loath.

I am putting my appologies up here guys for not being able to attend this weekend. I thought it was all good until I realised I will be out of state. My contribution is already at Marks however, all labelled and ready. It was bottled a bit over a month ago so should be all good to drink whenever everyone is ready.

Once again, appologies for being a SPLITTER and missing the day.

Cheers,
Head

Ok so seeing as the swap day is only 2 days away what time is good for everyone attending?

I'm thinking it'd be good to sort a a best general time so we don't have people waiting around for extended periods of time unnecessarily. Is a time after MHB's business hours say 2pm ok with all?

edit - Sorry forgot Marks saturday business hour times.

I can't make it, I've got a extended family christmas gathering on but thought I'd make the point that I would of thought that Mark would like it after the close of business at MHB,

Ok so seeing as the swap day is only 2 days away what time is good for everyone attending?

I'm thinking it'd be good to sort a a best general time so we don't have people waiting around for extended periods of time unnecessarily. Is a time after MHB's business hours say 2pm ok with all?

As late as possible suits me as my beer can do with a little extra bottle aging :eek:

I wont be able to get there till 2.30 or 3pm, but start whatever time suits the crowd. I will try and drop my beer off tomorrow arvo on my way to a 30th, so hope to be there before Mark shuts at 6, and everyone can start the swap without me if necessary (I guess all you really need is my beers).
Looking forward to catching up with everyone, but I wont be able to stay long, have a thing to get get back to in forster on the saturday night.
In the immortal words of singer Steve Poltz (or I guess it was technically The Rugburns) - "I hate f#@king Christmas".
See ya's sat'dy.
T.

any time is good for me
I'm not sure that my wife would agree with that statement though
I have the next 3 weeks off work to replenish the beer credits if needed

I've had a chat to Mark and he would like it after 2:30 but not a terribly late one. So how do we think about being there around 2:30 - 3?

I just finished bottling so you may need to leave mine for a couple of weeks... (nothing like a last minute effort...)

1. n00ch - Berliner Weisse
2. Schooey - Schwarzbier

6. The Ol' Boozeroony - Bastardised Amber Ale - Bottled 12/12/08 Should be good for NYE... Australian Style Amber with a hint of the US of A. 5.6% ABV before priming so enjoy responsibly...

13 goatherder - Munich Dunkel, Wyeast 2206, 4.7% abv. Bottled 29/11/2008. Leave it a week or two after the swap to carb.
14 Loftboy - Yankee Doodle Weizen (American Wheat). Bottled 15/11/08, 4.3% ABV, WY2565 Klsch.
15 Peve - Porter (revised coriander ) - the revision has left very little coriander. Oh Well!!
20. BigFridge - Klsch
25. Loftboy/MauriceOz - Winding Creek APA (SNPA style APA). Bottled 25/11/08, 4.5% ABV, US-05.

Unfortunately the berliner picked up an infection (not the good type I wanted) and won't be in the swap.... I am updating my beer to a doppelbock.

1. n00ch - Doppelbock - Bottled 12/12/08 well aged but bottled today so leave to carb up - 9.1%ABV - Wyeast VSS Hella Bock.
2. Schooey - Schwarzbier

6. The Ol' Boozeroony - Bastardised Amber Ale - Bottled 12/12/08 Should be good for NYE... Australian Style Amber with a hint of the US of A. 5.6% ABV before priming so enjoy responsibly...

20. BigFridge - Klsch

I'm choosing from column A and Column B, with a late bottling and a substitution. When I started my yeast ( a bit late, mind you), it tasted a bit weird in the culture bottle. Rather than make a bad beer, I used one I already had (not too bad a one though). Bottling now. Could take only a week or so to gas up in this weather. If you have somewhere cool to stash the bottle, it will produce finer carbonation than a warmer secondary, as I reaffirmed with my Dampfbier.

Can everyone who is not locked in, please firm up their final selection or drop out now if necessary?

Les

1. n00ch - Doppelbock - Bottled 12/12/08 well aged but bottled today so leave to carb up - 9.1%ABV - Wyeast VSS Hella Bock.
2. Schooey - Schwarzbier
5. Les (Weizguy) - Am blonde wheat (with some of the last Amarillo in the country) ;)

16. Head - Dusseldorf Altbier
20. BigFridge - Klsch

Latest posts

Back