Qld - Mini Case Swap April 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappo1970

Piss off or Buy Me A Beer
Reaction score
25th April 2009 - South East Queensland Case Swap - ALL BREWERS WELCOME

OK god knows why I am doing this but life's too short to be sitting at home looking at idle brew gear.

I am organising a mini-case swap at my place. I have a reasonable sized property, an acre or so, that backs directly onto the Logan river. The train station is well within stumbling distance, under a km, so it should make it easy for those opting for that mode of transport. Your welcome to stay the night as there is ample room in the backyard for those willing to camp the night. If you have a tent or camper and you want to be more comfortable your welcome to set it up. Sorry but no strays inside the house Bosses orders!

I plan to have our little gathering down on the river bank besides a nice big bomfire. Kick off at 3pm in the afternoon and wind down at Midnight (Mildly optimistic about that one). BBQ mish-mash lucky dip dinner. Basically snags on a bun with onions, everyone brings their own snags, they get thrown on the BBQ if you can guess which is yours you can have it! The lucky dip is if you get one of my home made texan chilli snags of death :wub: .

So you will need bring the following:
  • Folding Chair to keep bottom comfortable.
  • Something to keep your beer cold.
  • A plate of Nibblies. (If you're no cook, supermarkets have a deli section with party cheese packs and biscuits, chips etc)
  • FOOD: 2 x Sausages, 1 x onion cut into rings and 2 x buns buttered (you should be able to oganise that one easily FFS)
  • If you are intending to stay the night at the very least a waterproof swag and a ground tarp. The ground water does rise up through the ground so forget just a sleeping bag. Something to eat for breakfast would also be a good idea if you are staying the night. Sorry but I don't do catering.
  • Mozzie/Critter repellant - it is on a river and they will find you very tasty.
  • Torch so you don't trip over me dog. Don't mind ya breakin' ya neck but the dog is me best mate.
Sorry people but there has to be some rules

Swappers Code of Conduct By attending, you agree to:

• ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING AND DRIVING. It's not on, we all know it, and we are all adults that can plan ahead. Drive drunk and I will have no hesitation calling the cops to hunt you down like a dog. PLUS I WILL PUBLICLY SHAME YOU WITHOUT TO MUCH THOUGHT PUT TO IT. If you don't like my attitude towards this subject don't come as it's not negotiable.
  • No attitude about whatever, whoever, whenever, leave it at the gate, pick it up on the way out. If you think you can't control yourself do not come you will only spoil it for yourself and the others.
  • You clean up your own mess. I have bins and rubbish bags which are easy to use even for the most gifted of people.
  • You must make a contribution, bring a plate, it ain't hard.
  • Apparently in the experience of veteran case swappers, it can be a long day...evening....pace yourself. There's no prizes for coming first :)
It will be understood from all who attend that MY HOME is not 'a venue' or a 'Pub' or a 'Night Club', it's MY home I work hard to keep. I have the final say and everybody behaves accordingly and respectfully.

I would appreciate a few helpers on the day so please PM if your keen to help. Also a donation of any firewood would be greatly appreciated.

Ok the last thing is I don't want this to get out of control so the numbers will be limited 15 only. It will be a first in best dressed affair.

DATE & TIME:

Saturday 25th April 2009 - 3pm kick off

VENUE:

Chappo's Place, Bethania. Qld 4205. It's near Beenleigh.
I will PM my address once numbers and attendees are confirmed and locked in.

THEME:

Euro-trash specials

BREWER & BREW IN THE SWAP:

1. Chappo - ????

ATTENDING BUT NOT SWAPPING:

1. InCider
STAYING THE NIGHT:

1. InCider PLUS Sheep

25th April 2009 - South East Queensland Case Swap - ALL BREWERS WELCOME

OK god knows why I am doing this but life's too short to be sitting at home looking at idle brew gear.

I am organising a mini-case swap at my place. I have a reasonable sized property, an acre or so, that backs directly onto the Logan river. The train station is well within stumbling distance, under a km, so it should make it easy for those opting for that mode of transport. Your welcome to stay the night as there is ample room in the backyard for those willing to camp the night. If you have a tent or camper and you want to be more comfortable your welcome to set it up. Sorry but no strays inside the house Bosses orders!

I plan to have our little gathering down on the river bank besides a nice big bomfire. Kick off at 3pm in the afternoon and wind down at Midnight (Mildly optimistic about that one). BBQ mish-mash lucky dip dinner. Basically snags on a bun with onions, everyone brings their own snags, they get thrown on the BBQ if you can guess which is yours you can have it! The lucky dip is if you get one of my home made texan chilli snags of death :wub: .

So you will need bring the following:
  • Folding Chair to keep bottom comfortable.
  • Something to keep your beer cold.
  • A plate of Nibblies. (If you're no cook, supermarkets have a deli section with party cheese packs and biscuits, chips etc)
  • FOOD: 2 x Sausages, 1 x onion cut into rings and 2 x buns buttered (you should be able to oganise that one easily FFS)
  • If you are intending to stay the night at the very least a waterproof swag and a ground tarp. The ground water does rise up through the ground so forget just a sleeping bag. Something to eat for breakfast would also be a good idea if you are staying the night. Sorry but I don't do catering.
  • Mozzie/Critter repellant - it is on a river and they will find you very tasty.
  • Torch so you don't trip over me dog. Don't mind ya breakin' ya neck but the dog is me best mate.
Sorry people but there has to be some rules

Swappers Code of Conduct By attending, you agree to:

• ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING AND DRIVING. It's not on, we all know it, and we are all adults that can plan ahead. Drive drunk and I will have no hesitation calling the cops to hunt you down like a dog. PLUS I WILL PUBLICLY SHAME YOU WITHOUT TO MUCH THOUGHT PUT TO IT. If you don't like my attitude towards this subject don't come as it's not negotiable.
  • No attitude about whatever, whoever, whenever, leave it at the gate, pick it up on the way out. If you think you can't control yourself do not come you will only spoil it for yourself and the others.
  • You clean up your own mess. I have bins and rubbish bags which are easy to use even for the most gifted of people.
  • You must make a contribution, bring a plate, it ain't hard.
  • Apparently in the experience of veteran case swappers, it can be a long day...evening....pace yourself. There's no prizes for coming first :)
It will be understood from all who attend that MY HOME is not 'a venue' or a 'Pub' or a 'Night Club', it's MY home I work hard to keep. I have the final say and everybody behaves accordingly and respectfully.

I would appreciate a few helpers on the day so please PM if your keen to help. Also a donation of any firewood would be greatly appreciated.

Ok the last thing is I don't want this to get out of control so the numbers will be limited 15 only. It will be a first in best dressed affair.

DATE & TIME:

Saturday 25th April 2009 - 3pm kick off

VENUE:

Chappo's Place, Bethania. Qld 4205. It's near Beenleigh.
I will PM my address once numbers and attendees are confirmed and locked in.

THEME:

Euro-trash specials

1. Chappo - ????

1. InCider
STAYING THE NIGHT:

1. InCider PLUS Sheep

:huh: Is it OK to bring a lawyer with you? Just in case I do something I shouldn't. :huh:

I'll be in ya swap Chappo. I need to get rid of some infected brews. Seriously though put me down as a swapper I reckon a stout will be in order.
Oh yeah I wont drink and drive. but I probably could spew and wet myself.............................I havnt shat myself for years so I should be ok on that..
Cheers Brad.

Id love to come but Im not so good with Strict Rules when on the Piss.. Especially with other pissheads... :rolleyes:

I think I might fly to Sydney for the Pub Crawl, sounds like a blast..... :beerbang:

Put me down for your swap chappo I will bring beer and a plate and I will be picked up late in the evening. I live local to you at Shailer Park so a pick up is no problem.
Cheers Altstart

LAWYERS are not welcome.

Yep I get your point Batz but I have a SWMBO who doesn't....

I'm not that much of a fun Nazi.

1. Chappo - ????
  2. bradsbrew - Stout

1. InCider
STAYING THE NIGHT:

1. InCider PLUS Sheep

Feck me! If easter is before the 25th of April I'll be in the swap if I can get beers down there somehow...AG too...the shame of being a K&Ker is hurting me.

And tell Lissa I'll need my bed 'made up' again.... after she swears about me, tell her that I'm sleeping in my swag outside :p

InCider.

I'll be in ya swap Chappo. I need to get rid of some infected brews. Seriously though put me down as a swapper I reckon a stout will be in order.
Oh yeah I wont drink and drive. but I probably could spew and wet myself.............................I havnt shat myself for years so I should be ok on that..
Cheers Brad.
:lol:

Brad, will that be the Youngs Double Chocolate Stout Clone we were talking about doing a double batch of??

I'm in at this stage...

1. Chappo - ????
  2. bradsbrew - Stout
  3. Sully - Mocha Porter for swap, Youngs DC Stout Clone in keg for consumption (maybe)
  4. Altstart

1. InCider
STAYING THE NIGHT:

1. InCider PLUS Sheep
  2. Sully

:lol:

Brad, will that be the Youngs Double Chocolate Stout Clone we were talking about doing a double batch of??
Could very well be Sully, depends on when we put the brew down. B)

Cheers

Put me down for staying the night too. :icon_cheers:

Hey Chappo
Put me down for one of your homemade Texan chilli sausages Yum Yum I love chillis. I will be bringing a Crouch Vale english bitter for the swap.
Cheers Altstart

InCider
Chappo - if Lissa allows.
bradsbrew - Stout
Sully - Mocha Porter for swap, Youngs DC Stout Clone in keg for consumption (maybe)
Altstart

STAYING THE NIGHT:

Baa Bra
InCider PLUS Sheep (new mistress)
Sully

Hang on Chappo if you're hosting a mini swap who's going to post to AHB under your name? :huh:

Oh yeah I wont drink and drive. but I probably could spew and wet myself.............................I havnt shat myself for years so I should be ok on that...

Great the dogs need a feed anyway...

Id love to come but Im not so good with Strict Rules when on the Piss.. Especially with other pissheads...

I think I might fly to Sydney for the Pub Crawl, sounds like a blast.....

No good at rules myself but each to their own. Your more than welcome if ya change your mind.

Put me down for your swap chappo I will bring beer and a plate and I will be picked up late in the evening. I live local to you at Shailer Park so a pick up is no problem.
Cheers Altstart

Excellent Alstart look forward to it

Feck me! If easter is before the 25th of April I'll be in the swap if I can get beers down there somehow...AG too...the shame of being a K&Ker is hurting me.

And tell Lissa I'll need my bed 'made up' again.... after she swears about me, tell her that I'm sleeping in my swag outside

InCider.

Lissa sends her love and is wondering when your going to start paying for your love child together?

Hang on Chappo if you're hosting a mini swap who's going to post to AHB under your name?

Got that sorted Paul. Taught the dog to type incoherently and bullshit like it's owner! :lol:

QUOTE (clean brewer @ Mar 17 2009, 07:05 PM) Id love to come but Im not so good with Strict Rules when on the Piss.. Especially with other pissheads...

I think I might fly to Sydney for the Pub Crawl, sounds like a blast.....

No good at rules myself but each to their own. Your more than welcome if ya change your mind.

Chappo,

Ill see how the numbers stack up, the date looks good but working in a Restaurant(and PIL business), anything can happen.. Bit annoyed at the moment as I wont be going to Sullys Brewday(planned weeks ago and have a 9ltr keg full for it)) as Missus just had Eptopic Pregnancy(falopian tube and ovary removed and loss of bub) and with a 7 y.o and 2 y.o, ill be looking after them and her...

Everything is always on on Saturdays and/or something is going on at work(functions) or something else to restrict me from doing anything social, so want to meet some other brewers.... Oh, ive met Screwy and had a brewday with him...

You gonna brew on that day???

Chappo,

Ill see how the numbers stack up, the date looks good but working in a Restaurant(and PIL business), anything can happen.. Bit annoyed at the moment as I wont be going to Sullys Brewday(planned weeks ago and have a 9ltr keg full for it)) as Missus just had Eptopic Pregnancy(falopian tube and ovary removed and loss of bub) and with a 7 y.o and 2 y.o, ill be looking after them and her...

Everything is always on on Saturdays and/or something is going on at work(functions) or something else to restrict me from doing anything social, so want to meet some other brewers.... Oh, ive met Screwy and had a brewday with him...

You gonna brew on that day???

Sorry to hear that mate. Yeah I know what it is like being in business for yourself. Cheif cook and bottle washer.

I was tossing it up but thought better of it. Case swap and hot liquids seemed like tempting fate. But if ya make it the effort one day and the moons align so you can tear yourself away I will definitely do a brew day with ya.

But hey change of venue boys!

We are off to Harvey bay and CB's restaurant! :lol:

Besides CB has no rules like me :(

Right, I'm going to Clean Brewers house ! who's with me !

cheers

Browndog

Yep bad news there clean brewer. Sort of puts things into perspective a bit and being with your family is more important than being away from them.
And i reckon a brewday or case swap later in the year at hervey bay would be a really good idea we could incorporate a Brissy, Sunny coast, Bundy, Gladstone and Rocky and far nth qld cswap at your place and if you cant get time off we will have it at your restuarant.

Brad

Latest posts

Back